Cwa Proposes C/s Employee Buyout

bagosh said:
I would love to see an early out, but is it possible. With our retirement money in a 401k is it possible to receive those funds with an early retirement. I believe there are some IRS regs that have to be looked into
You can leave your money in USair's plan, but you can't contribute to it if you no longer work there. The best thing to do is roll it into an IRA, then you can add to it when you want and you won't be taxed on it until you withdraw it. If you just pull it out of the plan when you leave, your going to pay a 10% penalty, plus income tax on the money.....a bad idea. Good Luck.

PineyBob said:
DMG,

That's why I said IIRC, play gotcha elswhere, because if i play "Gotcha" you ain't gonna like it
Bob,

I responded to the post, and honestly didn't pay attention to who wrote it. I just wanted to give the correct information so that people know that you can access your 401k before 59 1/2 without penalty. I have no idea what "IIRC" stands for, nor would it have mattered because your inaccurate statement alone could/would have people believe the wrong thing.

I don't play "gotcha" with anyone, especially such an easy target such as yourself. You telling me to take it elsewhere or I "ain't gonna like it" is real mature. Take your tough guy act somewhere else, I'm not impressed.

A buyout would be good for a lot of people...but I really don't see it happening. U has never really shown any interest in doing something good for their employees even when it is in the company's best interest. The only early retirement packages I've seen lately have gone to those in the CEO category. I remember when some senior employees said they would just leave if they got their term pass for life and that never happened. That shows to me that the company is not interested at all. Term passes would have been a relatively low cost thing to do and it wasn't even considered.....................

ktflyhome said:
So, Management does NOT have a concrete PLAN about concessions and seniortity??? What do they have??? What do they want? For everyone just to come to the table, open up our veins, bleed, bleed, bleed and If we are able to get up and still walk away, they will let us KNOW IF THAT WAS ENOUGH to satisfy them???
<_<
Well, aren't you going to bleed one way or another? Whether it is giving up 20% in negotiated cuts, or giving up 100% in a Chapter 7 liquidation, you WILL give. Face it, they got you to the wall, and there is no place left to run or hide.

KT sounds kinda like KITTY

I know tons of people who are commuting from SAN, MCO, SYR, and DAY just to get those last couple of years in before they retire. We are talking about some that have a hire date of 1970. They would jump on the chance to leave early.

I heard that CWA proposed early outs two years ago and the company declined. Is there any truth to this?