Cwa Presents Another Proposal To Management

"I could live where I live in Mystic Island, NJ, less than 2 miles from the beach for the take home that $26,000 would give me."

There's alot of garbage in NJ, property is not worth much there.

You have a better chance with a Judge than voting yes to anything. Management is in the business of telling lies and ripping people off to make more money for themselves. I'll take my chances with the Judge.

Hey all you Yes people,
Don't forget that part of the cost savings the company wants from us to let them use anyway they can to cut costs.This means eliminate any job at any time no questions asked.They want Carte Blanche. And if they were really interested in negociating they would.They are just stalling now.

It's not the customer service CWA this is about; it's the Flight Attendants union AFA-CWA. Please remember that us customer service CWA members are still the red-headed stepchildren and don't matter in any of these negotiations. We will get the leftovers as usual.

Sorry to sound soo selfish, but I'm waiting to end this misery..

My hours screw EVERYTHING Up/////Work early am's,too damn exhausted to carry 8hrs elsewhere,and/or do pm's and still you're screwed..

Oh yea, Piney ,13.01 per hr you try it ON A PART TIME BASIS.,paid 75% NOT 100% of vacation time,INCREASED MEDICAL<oh yea employees would jump on that.. :down:

Our new hires of a year and a 1/2 says how this companies sucks of treating their employees.and they've just started...what does that tell ya?

Stop judging us.......read and just read...

Thanks...

PineyBob said:
I know a heck of a lot of people who would quit their jobs in a heartbeat for $13.05/hr. I'll gently remind you that the average FAMILY income in this country is well UNDER $50,000 and if you multiply $13.05 x 2 wage earners you exceed 50K. Most families have 2 incomes these days, so quitcherbellyachin
[post="178092"][/post]​

What an incredibly stupid statement! Your comment indicates you may be worth only 13.00 an hour compensation but don't speak for others!
The average salary of two people is $50,000 if one earns $80,000 year and the other $20,000. Neither of these wage earners receives, as your statement infers, 50,000 per year.

So quit your asinine remarks go back to school, and maybe you'll be able to make some sense.

PineyBob said:
First,

You can't plan like your job is forever. You need a cushion. A "Plan B"

Second,

$26,000 per year will feed a small family in many parts of the country and allow for home ownership.

Third,

If I owned my car and didn't have a payment, I could live where I live in Mystic Island, NJ, less than 2 miles from the beach for the take home that $26,000 would give me.

One thing CWA could do is negotiate different pay scales for different cities, Cost more to live in the LGA commuting area, or DCA, so maybe those stations pay a slight premium compared to say GRR? Just an idea or a good work from home plan
[post="178155"][/post]​

That I would like to see there Bob. I lived in NJ for many years, and know better than that. It would cost you most of your salary for Auto Insurance alone, then there are those Low NJ Taxes... When you say a Small Family, I assume you mean you and your Dog living on $26k. At one time I enjoyed your posts, but now you are nothing more than an Agitator to the US Employees. Please tell these people that you would have the aid of Food Stamps and heating assistance to Pad your wonderfull $26k yearly income.

Wings - he's talking the Pine Barrens -- it isn't exactly Bergen, Morris, Sussex, Somerset and parts of Hunterdon counties where taxes are king and housing prices are astronomical...I bet he pays less for a gallon of gas than any of us...location, location, location.

So I see that you rent instead of owning a Home. That means no property Taxes are on your meager Budget. I didn't see an allowance in there for any items for the Children, or the Dog for that matter. Toss some medical coverage in there, as ours is not Free, which comes to $150 a month for the Family plan. Now that I see you rent in a desolate area of NJ, with no family to support I understand why $13 an hour would be great for you. Maybe you can quit your job and get hired on by MDA or Express in PHL. Not everyone lives in your area with your expenses, so you can't speak on their behalf.

Just the other day, had passengers with excess weight in the baggage, well when they were told about charge, Husband pulls out his credit card and throws it at the agent, hitting her, then wife stands there and calls her a #### twice. Now have to answer this complaint letter, that the Husband said he laid credit card on desk and fell off, He did say his wife called the Agent a ####, but claims Agent called her one too, which is not true.......All this for 13.00 dollars and hour, don't think so.

Maybe Bob take take thier bull down in PHL for 13 bucks!!!! Most of the posters on here telling the Employees what to do, have no clue of what is involved with this job.

That is correct, but when many here took an Airline Job the pay was decent at the top. What the company has done here, has taken wages back 20 years. As we all know, the cost of lving has not been setback 20 years or even close to it. I didn't expect to keep getting raises each year in a bad environment, but didn't expect a 20 year wage setback either. Putting up with the Crap for a good wage was worth it, but will not be for $13.

I am ready to make the Break, but can hold out a few more weeks to see where this ends up. Trying to time this right, has been a science to say the least. One of the Posters user name here sums it all up..." Too Much Time To Quit"

piney,why are you here??????????????????????????? 5th grade propogandist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! engage the lowlies with sweet & sour talk,i feel your pain buuuuuuutttttt the reality of the sititation says we must complie with managment whishes.never surrender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Piney is only playing Devil's Advocate and attempting to prepare people for another life. Change is always hard. I dont want to loose my job at U, as I love my colleagues and most of the time my job. In todays economic climate we still have great work benefits, (even after some are conceded).

The world is changing, and I do feel for the people who have put their working life in at U, however you have transferrable skills, and can earn the money again, not right away, but again. Keeping our heads stuck in the sand does not make it go away, and it is not going to go away, - change is inevitable.

The company will impose it to survive.

Piney....observing your posts of late....i think you may think we are toast too.
Your attidude does not display much encouragement these days. That is ok. Not to be taken negative......
Thanks for all of you support and kinship you have given to U.

I believe you have given the good fight for all, too. :up: