CWA TRANSITION NEWS

gso-crew

Advanced
Jul 23, 2004
11/04/2005

Transition discussions...

Local presidents and staff of the The Airline Passenger Service Employee Association (CWA and IBT) are working to put together a proposal to management covering all the transition issues for US Airways and America West agents. The proposal will cover Seamless Service, resolution of our change of control grievance, transition of the America West employees into our US Airways contract, and final management recognition of the association. The Association expects to make that proposal to management today or Monday. We'll keep you posted on management’s response.

ANY NEWS?????

there was a proposal sent middle of last week which was completely shot down by Al Hemenway....the company intends on going to the NMB on Monday and stating their case against the Association...things are going to get a little hot now I believe....there is a second proposal that was sent over this past Friday but no response to that one as yet....so we'll see what tomorrw brings

Since so many hard working, talent agents took the buyout I am already seeing customer service slip. I can tell that there replacements will never be as dedicated. Time will tell .... If they express many more cities or cut the mainline wages its going to be tough to offer the service consumers deserve. I hope and believe mgt. realize this.

I think you're right. I believe the CWA and it's membership will have to decide if they want to be one large group, with a medium wage or two groups, one a well paid small group (mainline, maybe 10 cities) and one larger group unable to survive (mainline express, the rest).

I hope we can get the AWA side up to our current wages and get the 170 / 190 work and stay one large group.

there was a proposal sent middle of last week which was completely shot down by Al Hemenway....the company intends on going to the NMB on Monday and stating their case against the Association...things are going to get a little hot now I believe....there is a second proposal that was sent over this past Friday but no response to that one as yet....so we'll see what tomorrw brings
Does anybody see a trend here with the other unions ?

Don't let Al Hemroid...get you upset. Just stick to your guns. They can't get people to work and stay at the lower wages.

The Greyhoundization of the airline industry won't work.

I read an artical once, that specifically targeted WN when speaking on the hub vs. point to point route. Now, I dont pretend to be an expert in this area, but what this artical had said was WN isnt actually running a cheaper airline. They have fuel hedging till 2008(??) and this author expects that WN will have to make DRAMATIC changes to stay alive when their hedging contract is over. The only reason they profit so well is they have not had to deal with $60/barrel oil, while the rest of us do.

I hope this guy is right, because I am sick to death of "But WN doesnt charge a change fee!" or "I never have this problem when I fly WN" gosh dang they are like the friggin goody two-shoes of the industry and I'm sick of never living up to them!

sorry, rant over...

back on topic, I also find it interesting that 'da man' has rejected this proposal also. I read the thread with the letter from AFA in it. Interesting reading...

I hope to be 1 large group myself, I personally hate being represented by 2 unions for the same thing. I hope USairways wins the change of control grievance, it will be a battle won for us all...good luck

*edit* speaking of dramatic changes at WN...when I worked in DEN, our station manager had told us WN had already refused to fly to DEN, the rent was too high (one of the areas highest, so i've been told) and now I see they initiate service in Jan2006...I also see that they are making changes to the frequent flyer program, but I can't quite remember what those all were. Just seems like they are setting themselves up to have to actually COMPETE for business, instead of just riding the fuel hedging gamble to the bank, haha