CWA Tentative Agreement?

• It seems Nobody likes the idea that American Airlines Vendors will be permitted to perform UsAirways Passsenger Service Work, on the day the merger closes. The merger could close in a matter of weeks. If this agreement is only for 18 months, does that mean that the no furlough guarantee will only last for 18 months?? At that point the Vendors will have a year and six months to learn our jobs and take them from us. Looks like there will be many questions before the vote this month.

Ill say this much, if the company can give them a contract with profit sharing, full scope at every station, 7weeks vacation, full sick pay for 12 days a year, 10 holidays with premium pay as well, then it naturally follows that they can give our members the same. Right?

Reactions: 2 people
From what I was told from the local president about the above.....

In places where AA and US ticket counters or gate are located next to each other, AA agents would assist US passengers and visa versa. Example being, a passenger goea to the AA ticket counter to check in but the flight is actually operated by US, the AA agent is to assist the passenger there. Not send them to a US agent. If that means taking the passengers info to the US Agent, so be it. They want to give the impression of one airline even though we are still operating separately at the moment.

That's how I understand that part. I was also told that if we saw any AA agent or vendor doing our work, ie checkin, baggage tagg ing etc, we are to file a grievance.

As far as scope, I also understand that everything in our current CBA remains the same, even Scope.

I can understand helping hand agreements. Personally I think that they are OK as long as it's equitable. We are ALL here for the success of our respective companies. I'm not, however, suggesting that these agreements should be one sided. What troubles me here isn't that this is a helping hand agreement, it's that it's in a TA, not a standalone agreement. That's bad, horrendously bad. The TA should not have any language to assist in the merger, only language to protect in the event of a merger. The company wants the merger, not necessarily the employees; TAs and CBAs should be negotiated with that in mind. An agreement for helping hands can be developed separate from that, without making it a part of a larger agreement.

No pension, no improvement in anything except 2% then 3.5% and a $500.00 bonus, thats insulting, and letting non-union workers do the work, not good.

Reactions: 3 people
No pension improvement is hard to believe? Before the last BK they gave me 10%, plus if I put in 4% they added another 2%. Total 16%

The company was giving us 12%. For years now they have only been providing 3%.

If you put every dime of this raise into your 401 for the next 20 years you still will not be able to retire comfortably, if at all. This raise dose not even equal our lost pension?

I hope there is more to this TA than whats been discussed here.

Reactions: 1 person
Sorry, you know what I meant? My 401K is my only retirement income other than SS. The company use to put into my 401K what was equal to 12% of my pre-tax US Airways income. They dropped it to 3% in the last bankruptcy filing.

Do you not have the terminated pension plan that was originally frozen in 92 also?

Do you not have the terminated pension plan that was originally frozen in 92 also?

yes ... $400.00's per month.

SS + PBGC + 401K combined is what we have to use. We deserve better after 30 plus years. The new American has the money going forward to treat us respectfully. It's up to the CWA to see that it happens.

700, do you honestly still believe that contributions in 401k is only an employees own money? And you continually suggest that a 401k is not a retirement.
You cant get a match on funds if you dont use your own funds.

Look at your paycheck, it comes out of your own earnings, now doesnt it?

It is not a pension, a 401k is a retirement savings plan funded by the majority of your own dollars, people are lucky that a company offers a match.

Reactions: 3 people
Upon reading this Thursday nite, I emailed our CWA rep with a couple of questions. As of this writing, no reply but I hope to learn more in the coming week(s). I am leaning toward voting "NO"