CWA Tentative Agreement?

just about every company out there has 401k's for it's employees the only minority left with pensions are unions and they will go the way of 401k's - you should want that - and make sure the company is putting in a decent amount - that is what you should be bargining for - not a pension - remember pensions can be disposed of in BK - 401k's can not - it's your money

I cant see why the cwa would agree to toss in the towell for a morph fence agreement that makes things seamless for managements merger, for only a 2% and tiny 3.9% at some joint day, and no retirement increase. Lets wait till we see it but if its truly as bad as 700 says then how can the ibt tell mx that they are going to get them leading pay when they cant even beat the pay of the bankrupt amr employees with the ibts own members at usair. 700 +1. Ibt 0

Reactions: 1 person
Brother Tim. The answer to why LCC/CWA/IBT/ CSA's would vote yes for 18 m. CBA that is a SHAM ! Many are un-informed , pro-company/ant-union, and APATHETIC. IMO. Even more so then LCC /IAM/ FSA's. Union Leadership at the Rank and File /Station Level have their work cut out for them to reject tentative CBA. Divide and Conquer ! is LCC/DP/AH game plan.

You cant get a match on funds if you dont use your own funds.

Sure you can. The CSAs at HP got 3% to their 401(k). If they contributed 10%, they got 13%, 5% got them 8%, 0% got them 3%. The company gave 3% of their earnings to the employees 401(k) regardless of what the employee contributed. Employee contributions were in addition to that 3%.

Reactions: 2 people
700 your right 401-k is not a DRP . It's one of three legs of the retirement stool. Leadership 101. DRP's for ALL !

Does anyone else see that No Value Al is setting this up for the CSA and RES to be non-union, there are over 10,000 non-union agents at AA, and about 6,500 agents at US, so they will need to get about 2,000+ cards to unionize the whole group. Its going to be interesting.

I cant believe they have been negotiating since 11/11 and thats all they could get, its a shame.

I cant see why the cwa would agree to toss in the towell for a morph fence agreement that makes things seamless for managements merger, for only a 2% and tiny 3.9% at some joint day, and no retirement increase. Lets wait till we see it but if its truly as bad as 700 says then how can the ibt tell mx that they are going to get them leading pay when they cant even beat the pay of the bankrupt amr employees with the ibts own members at usair. 700 +1. Ibt 0

A voice of reason. Good post.

Let's just hope that those who, like me, haven't voted yet, read and reread this.

We'll know in a few days.

Sorry for posting in the agents thread.

Does anyone else see that No Value Al is setting this up for the CSA and RES to be non-union, there are over 10,000 non-union agents at AA, and about 6,500 agents at US, so they will need to get about 2,000+ cards to unionize the whole group. Its going to be interesting.

I cant believe they have been negotiating since 11/11 and thats all they could get, its a shame.

im thinking that DP/AH want to have non-union customer service. What better way than to give them " chum " ( a fishing term ) for 18 months and hope the TA of AA/US customer service produces enough non-union votes to squash the contract language negotiated.... Hence 500$ signing and 2% and thats it..... easy to take back later ......... Lets see the language though first!

On the other hand this could backfire in ah n their face w a resoundin no vote just think how embarass them a holes would be their faces would be beat red

Ah +1
Cwa 0

What i find interesting is that there is no talk of buyout. To me thats a sign that they don't need to offer one because they don't plan on keeping most of you. Especially when they can have a vender do it cheaper and learn how to do it in 18 months. No hurry.

Maybe they worked out some sorta voluntary recognition deal or got the company not to campaign against the union. If so they must have cashed in alot of chips from the members.

Interesting to note that 1 if not more IBT rep are of the old canali regime. Hmmmmm interesting