CWA Tentative Agreement?

Does anyone else see that No Value Al is setting this up for the CSA and RES to be non-union, there are over 10,000 non-union agents at AA, and about 6,500 agents at US, so they will need to get about 2,000+ cards to unionize the whole group. Its going to be interesting.

I cant believe they have been negotiating since 11/11 and thats all they could get, its a shame.
i agree with you 700 ive also thought that theyre thinking is this if this deal passes the cwa trains the vendors for 18 months then at that point the company says adios amigos to all of the union folks and thus rid themselves of the profit sharing health etc
now is the folks turn this down and turn it down in a large lound sounding... imagine the red faces of those b@$tards at tempe and the embarassment that would be to them....

You cant get a match on funds if you dont use your own funds.

Look at your paycheck, it comes out of your own earnings, now doesnt it?

It is not a pension, a 401k is a retirement savings plan funded by the majority of your own dollars, people are lucky that a company offers a match.

The company puts in equal to 3% of my pre-tax income each week. And then I put in as much as possible to go along with it. There is no longer any match incentives.

You cant get a match on funds if you dont use your own funds.

Look at your paycheck, it comes out of your own earnings, now doesnt it?

It is not a pension, a 401k is a retirement savings plan funded by the majority of your own dollars, people are lucky that a company offers a match.

The $2/hr the company is putting in the IAMNPF is also your funds, it's just being put in a pension rather than to you.

I find it interesting that the IBT/CWA would mail the TA to everyone and put out the expense for 6500 mailings. It's no $$ to put it on the website and shop stew's can print it out and give it to people that dont have a computer. Is it access control?

Real Tired, im not joking, if this ta is as bad as some are saying then how can any more lcc mx vote for the ibt. I mean, the ibt is telling mx they will get leading industry pay, yes?
Tim, yes the ibt has promised/guaranteed industry leading pay, bennies and contract at US if they are voted in. As they gave the same promises at UAL during there card campaign, they also gave a guarantee of a pension at UAL as well as large increases to the US pensions if they were to bring in the teamsters. ANDY Marshall from the ibt has made these promises and guarantees on one of his teamsters videos promoting the teamsters for the US guys. I have also seen other video from ibt international promising pensions and industry "leading" pay and benefits. Soory to say but I do not see US and AA mechanics going up to 45-50 bucks per hour on their first contract as the teamsters are claiming. I honestly hope you guys do, but now back to reality. AMFA wouldn't get you guys there either on the first contract. But at least with AMFA you and the company knows exactly what the membership wants as a whole and knows what it will take to get a contract to pass. Never has anyone promised or guaranteed such a contract from AMFA. If you guys want an idea what the teamsters "WILL" do for the mechanics at contract time, just look over at the CWA/teamsters TA contract. You are 100% correct, who in their right mind would vote for the ibt after they nego this TA and are going around selling it??? Sounds identical to the TWU at AA, selling their concession contract to the membership. Sorry so long, but I saw no one was willing to answer your question. Maybe 700 could repost the video of Allen Marshall and other video of all these promises and guarantees, and then they produce what they just produced in a TA and are pushing and selling it; PATHETIC I tell you PATHETIC. Hopefully there are still people out there who have not voted yet and will see the teamsters for who they really are how strong they are at the table, LOL...

Keep in mind that the IAM Fleet haven't seen a cent of a wage increase for well over a year, and nothing on the radar. I would welcome the CWA wage increase with the chance to get more in 18 months, not to mention that they are already much better than the fleet group.

I find it interesting that the IBT/CWA would mail the TA to everyone and put out the expense for 6500 mailings. It's no $$ to put it on the website and shop stew's can print it out and give it to people that dont have a computer. Is it access control?
or if the ta is as bad as it sounds then may be their embarassed to put it on their own website :) wonder what behind them mailin it rather than puttin it out on the web and have shop stewards print... unless of course its an embarassing one. of course it could seriously backfire on them and the mgmt and see how they respond if its shot down

or if the ta is as bad as it sounds then may be their embarassed to put it on their own website :) wonder what behind them mailin it rather than puttin it out on the web and have shop stewards print... unless of course its an embarassing one. of course it could seriously backfire on them and the mgmt and see how they respond if its shot down

I personally think its to keep it from AA cust serv employees. Yeah they can read it in print but, being non-union , who would take the time and make comparisons except those that voted in their election a few monthe ago. If it smells like fish it probably is fish. We will see

i never thought of it that way mike but i would not be shocked or surprised if the aa folks vote them in in the near future and that would be a nightmare on elm st for mgmt n al i hate labor hemmorage hemminingway

Keep in mind that the IAM Fleet haven't seen a cent of a wage increase for well over a year, and nothing on the radar. I would welcome the CWA wage increase with the chance to get more in 18 months, not to mention that they are already much better than the fleet group.
I wouldn't welcome a 2% wage increase when we are sitting on the bottom now. From a CWA/IBT perspective, surely they got more than a 2% increase after coughing up a fence agreement and waiving off section 6 talks? From a IAM perspective, I think our negotiators have every right to expect the same thing from AH that he just gave the CWA, i.e., 12 sick days at full pay; 10 holidays; premium holiday pay; 5 weeks vacation; Holiday Option 2; shift differ; line pay; scope in EVERY STATION. If all of that comes with the $22.40 pay of customer service, then imo it would pass with flying colors by ramp workers. I hope our NC finally negotiates option two holiday. The IAM stole that from our members back in 1999 because it said the mx didn't have it. At any rate, if there is any compromise then it better not be with scope. I'm sick and tired of how the IAM has walked away from talks with ta's that are B S that lack scope. Tired of their B S drop dead dates as well. There is going to be some SERIOUS SKULL CRACKING of these NC if they bring back any punk A** ta that doesn't bring back the scope that our members and their families need. F TIRED OF THIS BS!

i never thought of it that way mike but i would not be shocked or surprised if the aa folks vote them in in the near future and that would be a nightmare on elm st for mgmt n al i hate labor hemmorage hemminingway
Although the CWA ought not to be arrogant, it is most likely that the AMR agents will vote for them in any upcoming election. They almost won the last vote straight out. At any rate, the CWA had less leverage than the IAM at this point since it is dealing with a possible removal from the company. The IAM path is already clear, i.e., The Association.

Are you kidding me?

They got 2% then 3.9% and a $500 bonus, no pension, no increase in anything else.

And you do realize they might end up non-union with no contract and 18 months is an amendable date, noting is gotten right then, they have been negotiating since 11/11 and thats all they got.

If the IAM brought that back to fleet you would burn the place down, and dont forget they are going to let non-union AA employees and vendors so union covered work.

No union can go after the AA CSA and RES for two years, they only thing that can happen is the CWA/IBT alliance has to get over 2,000 cards from AA to file for an election under single carrier status, otherwise there will be no election, no union and no CBA.

Back