CWA Tentative Agreement?

LOA has been suspended. No vote and no meetings to discuss LOA. I am totally FED UP, and if I here the word Merger one more time I may just puke. Take me away Calgon.

DOJ voted NO for you ALL . Now back to the Table CWA. LCC/PSA's deserves better. Contracts NOW ! Contracts for ALL ! CHEERS !

Yes I am sure, per your own union:

Given the uncertainly the DOJ’s lawsuit creates with respect to the timing and/or viability of the merger, the CWA and IBT believe it prudent to place the ratification vote for the tentative Interim Letter of Agreement on hold while we evaluate the situation and our options. This decision was not made lightly, but the fact that the interim Letter of Agreement was premised upon a third quarter 2013 merger closing led the Unions to conclude that this was the best course of action at this time. Accordingly, ballots will not be mailed out to members this week.

The CWA and IBT will continue to monitor this developing situation and we will act accordingly in order to protect the best interests of US Airways passenger service employees.

700UW said:
Wow, just heard this from the CWA, they just gave up scope language.

Non-Union vendors or AA non-union CSA and res can do US Airways CSA and RES covered work, and the CWA and IBT are saying to vote yes!
The non- agreement that was put on hold sounds like the new UA contract.

The UA cba doesn't allow a vendor to do the work where UA employees are staffed, unlike the US CWA agreement.

robbedagain said:
how long til ual comes up with vendors to bid for the rest of the cities?   what a pathetic piece of sh!t contract
2018 drop dead date.

Josh

I just hope CWA doesn’t take a page out of the IAM bargaining/negotiations hand book and provide scope protection to just the right amount of big stations with pay increase to get the votes for a UA look alike contract

Dunno are the CWA membership roles under pressure like the IAM? Have their organizing efforts at VZW been successful? They are collecting dues from the sCO FAs administering the IAM contract, so no impetus to pull the same nonsense at UA. If they ultimately win at the combined AA/US maybe they won't be able to resist the temptation.

Josh

Latest posts