Cwa Update 11/18/2004

OldGuyinPA said:
Expert pilot..expert company shill......
Your opinion is ... just that...not much more...
and.......................................................

Nobody gives a damn what you think....
[post="202113"][/post]​

You said it all. The guy is obviously out of touch with reality. He cant take care of his own business, let alone take care of anyone else's ....whatta piece of work!! :blink:

RedOne said:
Expect him to add at any time, "I've been telling you for months that my inside informers have been saying that the longer you wait...the worse it is going to get. Just look at what the RC4 did for the pilots.

Respectfully,"
:shock: :shock: :shock:
[post="202090"][/post]​

Why does everyone have to rip on USA320Pilot? It's
getting REALLY old. Give it a rest. I've about
had it with the militant idiots who continuously post
on this board. Grow up, okay? We're talking about
the survival of US and preserving as many jobs as
possible, NOT whether or not you personally had to
take a pay cut. If you don't like the state of the
company, or the industry for that fact, get the
HE11 out. You're dragging everyone else down.
Thank you for your cooperation.

SpinDoc, how many fingers am I holding up? Can you say brown tongue. I'm so sick of you koolaid drinkers! The ships going down and there ain't no oxygen tanks. We're taking you with us. :down:

Our offer is fantastic and the opposition to our outsourcing proposal is a CWA national issue, not a local one because they risk losing the early out for all if they won't work with us.

Our early out is as follows:

1. $15K plus $5K for people affected by res early out (not in addition to severance). 2. One year of medical coverage. 3. Lifetime travel. 4. Professional outplacement includes resume writing, interview skills, etc.

In our proposal, we also offer furlough protection (no furlough to the street) for all res agents who don't want the early out and we commit that if the res offices are consolidate, it would be either in PIT or INT. Basically, any res agent who wants a job would have one. All we ask is the ability to outsource res for the early outs and backfills/vacancies. We need the limited outsourcing to support the early out and the higher pay scale. View our scope proposal at cwa.net to view the details.

If the cwa says no to outsourcing, we could very well relocate one or both res centers. This would mean nearly all current 1800 res agents would lose their jobs because they wouldn't relocate, so the cwa would allow their current dues paying 1800 higher paid people to lose their jobs for future dues members who are all new hires at $8.72.

Why would we relocate the res centers? Well, we are on a month-to-month lease in PIT and the center needs tons of work. Too expensive. And like what ATA just did, we would commit to jobs in a community that provided financial incentives (ATA got $15M from IND).

We also offer vacation at 100%. In addition furloughees would receive 3 years of pass travel beyond the expiration of their recall rights.

Contact your local staff reps that you want to vote for the latest proposal.

Hawk said:
Our offer is fantastic and the opposition to our outsourcing proposal is a CWA national issue, not a local one because they risk losing the early out for all if they won't work with us.
[post="202136"][/post]​

This is a shout out to our local Presidents...

You work for us (US AIRWAYS RES REPS), NOT the CWA, get us a package, PLEASE! If 6 months from now, the company closes PIT or INT and we get nothing, and we didn't get to vote on a package, will you be able to look us in the eyes?

SpinDoc said:
Why does everyone have to rip on USA320Pilot? It's
getting REALLY old. Give it a rest. I've about
had it with the militant idiots who continuously post
on this board. Grow up, okay? We're talking about
the survival of US and preserving as many jobs as
possible, NOT whether or not you personally had to
take a pay cut. If you don't like the state of the
company, or the industry for that fact, get the
HE11 out. You're dragging everyone else down.
Thank you for your cooperation.
[post="202124"][/post]​

Cause he is REALLY old. He and you should give it a rest. I've about had it with the militant idiots who continuously post on this board. Grow up, okay? That includes you and your pontius pilot.

I said the parties were negotiating a UCT and then an ICT, which David Bronner discussed in 4 separate interviews. Oh yea, some of our posters have amnesia.

On February 7, 2003 the Charlotte Observer reported "We don't run from fights," said David Bronner, chief executive officer of Retirement Systems of Alabama, which is US Airways' principal partner in bankruptcy court and principal owner if it emerges. Bronner speculated that United has a 50-50 chance of surviving. He said that if United were to sell assets, he would consider backing the purchase of some "if it would be beneficial to US Airways."

Usairways_vote_NO, how could you be so wrong, again? Interestingly, I do not know who is wrong more often, you, Funguy2, ClueByFour, or 700UW.

Meanwhile, back the topic what I find interesting is that the CWA could blow the generous early out program because "dues" may be more important than members.

Also noteworthy, the IAM is has been playing the same dangerous game and its members will most likely be unnecessarily hurt too.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I think we can start a poll and the clear winner is A320Pilot.

UCT/ICT.
Charlotte OP-ED piece.
IAM PAINFUL CLAUSE
IAM LOSING THE AIRBUS AWARD

Shall I go on with your MS Cleo type predictions?

USA320Pilot:

Please tell me what you are talking about and quote what I was wrong about now and any other time.

Include your name in that bunch and you go down as the slam dunk winner of the most wrong on this board award. Wait can you win both the most wrong and the biggest liar award? My bad sorry that is why you didn't include your name.

Hawk said:
Why would we relocate the res centers? Well, we are on a month-to-month lease in PIT and the center needs tons of work. Too expensive. And like what ATA just did, we would commit to jobs in a community that provided financial incentives (ATA got $15M from IND).

If (as I and others suggested) CCY had offered early outs and work from home the first time (trivial to do for a call center of the size and scope of US', with the advantage of almost unbeatable disaster recovery and business continuance), none of this would be an issue. Zero. Nada. Lack of strategic thinking.

Having seen the PIT facility, your "needs work" line is crap. The only problem is the lack of decent fiber capacity in RIDC, and even that's been addressed of late. Lack of tactical thinking You guys are so transparent with the bad propoganda to hide the lack of operational acumen and strategic thinking in CCY that's its almost amusing to watch (in that "train wreck" kind of way).

As PIT and TPA and SAN have learned, no community in it's right mind would give US a financial incentive of any kind, moreover, I find your comparison to IND and ATA either really funny or just that stupid--much like US, ATA is now bankrupt.

Send it to India (or South America like you did with the website support)? You lose your premium revenue base. Ask Dell how that went.

700UW:

I’m not sure how you classify “painâ€￾, but here is some of what I call “painâ€￾:

1. IAM furloughs.
2. 21% pay cut.
3. A330 & A320 overhaul outsourcing.
4. Rejection of Pittsburgh Maintenance facility.
5. Company proposal to eliminate Utility.
6. S.1113© motion indicating the airline will close a maintenance facility.

Was I wrong about the A320 overhaul grievance, yes I was, but that was an opinion on an arbitration award. Was I wrong about the result? How many A320 overhauls has US Airways’ mechanics performed?

Guess what? It’s about to get worse for the IAM and that is not a prediction.

Regardless, this topic is about the CWA, could we return the conversation to that topic?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

ResRepGirl said:
This is a shout out to our local Presidents...
You work for us (US AIRWAYS RES REPS), NOT the CWA, get us a package, PLEASE! If 6 months from now, the company closes PIT or INT and we get nothing, and we didn't get to vote on a package, will you be able to look us in the eyes?

AGREED ! You work for us ( USAIRWAYS ATO REPS), not the CWA ,get us a package!

Has been no furloughs
You said the judge would give a 23% paycut
The outsourcing is for only 4 months
Everyone knew the company was going to propose that, I told you that a million times.
The 1113C does not say it will close anything. It says they intend to save $40 million from facilities.
How many mechanic and related will share in the $15 million abritration award?

There has only been one proposal from the company, so how is it getting worse?
What about your foriegn flying job?

Why did you change your screen name?

Guess what, it is gonna get worse for YOU too, see ya on the unemployment line.

By the way, did not see you in CCY this week.

USA320Pilot said:
I’m not sure how you classify “painâ€￾, but here is some of what I call “painâ€￾:

[post="202161"][/post]​

I classify "joy" and "pain" equal partners. Your "pain" when your you know what is out on the street and my "joy" when I know I helped to put you there.