CWA vote on New Concessions

pitrescsd

Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/18/2002 2:56:39 PM Boomer wrote:
[P]CWA members at US Airways will vote on the proposed changes in a telephone and Internet voting process directed by the American Arbitration Association. The voting closes on Dec. 31, 2002. [BR][BR][BR]Does this "voting" include employees on Involuntary Furlough? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.[BR][BR][/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]

This Just In from the CWA @ www.cwa.net
December 18, 2002
The Communications Workers of America has reached a tentative agreement with US Airways that would modify the contract for a second time as part of the airline’s bankruptcy restructuring.
This agreement was reached under threat of the potential loss of all members’ jobs at US Airways and it is in that light that the CWA bargaining team of local union presidents and staff recommends that members accept the proposed changes.
In this very difficult round of negotiations, CWA did gain jobs and job opportunities for agents in Express work and a seat on the board of directors.
CWA members at US Airways will vote on the proposed changes in a telephone and Internet voting process directed by the American Arbitration Association. The voting closes on Dec. 31, 2002.
For More Information
Jeff Miller or Candice Johnson
CWA Communications, 202-434-1168
###

Details please, ASAP
6.gif']

There is a headline on the Yahoo Aviation news site that says:

"US Airways mechanics OK wage cuts, other concessions"

The story was from Reuters Market News. posted at 7:57 AM

The link is no longer accessible although the headline is still there....

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/18/2002 4:19:45 PM Biffeman wrote:

One of the members of the M&R negotiating committee informed us earlier today that the company's proposal that was given to them on 12-17 was handed back to them saying this was unacceptable. This was as of 4pm today

There is nothing on Yahoo's aviation/airline news site which has us airways and the IAM reaching an agreement.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Yep, the headline is gone now.(1640 Central Time) It was there as of 1615 Central time.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/18/2002 4:15:31 PM taylor01 wrote:

Seems to me that the CWA is no longer thinking about its
members, rather, losing the dues its members pay...
----------------
[/blockquote
Come on...don't you think it's time to wake up! Time to quit pretending it's the Union's fault...They're trying to save what's left of an airline for jobs for at least SOME of the employees. Better for some to have jobs, than none. I have almost 14 years and I'm out, but I sure don't want my co-workers who are left to be out on the street, too. Ever hear the saying; run away to live and fight again another day.

One of the members of the M&R negotiating committee informed us earlier today that the company's proposal that was given to them on 12-17 was handed back to them saying this was unacceptable. This was as of 4pm today[BR][BR]There is nothing on Yahoo's aviation/airline news site which has us airways and the IAM reaching an agreement.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/18/2002 7:06:44 PM dfw79 wrote:

Interesting how American Eagle starts at $9.00 (or thereabouts)...yet they aren't union have probably have much more efficient work rules. It is nice to always sit there and pull tickets, but maybe it is time for everyone to take a couple days a week and throw bags too.
----------------
[/blockquote]

i am sure there are quite a few( myself included ) who would love to be able to do just that..by the same token it would be interesting to see how you would deal with passengers when there are delayed or cancelled flts and lost bags. there was a time not to long ago when you could transfer inside/outside..get a break once in a while..i believe the IAM were the ones who instituted the fence agreement.

?? Was this to be expected ?? I can't believe that CWA actually wants us to vote our jobs away. Skycaps and Sars doing agent work, subcontracting our work in new stations to other companies. Express agents working mainline A/C. Skyrocketing medical cost.

When will anyone say no to these clowns. It seems that we're just going thru the motions untill we're dead. I can't believe.....that this will pass.

Vote No.
15.gif']