CWA-Why should we vote Yes?

flyonthewall

Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
The decision to put this out to a vote was made due to, our Bankruptcy Lawyer who we hired to give us the best advice possible, has advised us to Take this agreement and that if Not passed we would have an 80% chance of losing in court.
Per a local CWA website.

RC...like the attitude and wish I could do the same, but surprisingly to myself I will be voting yes. Do not like it, but I have to look at the big picture. If some think that we will get a better deal from the BK judge you should think again. I do not believe so. I would rather live to be a thorn in managements side, I kinda of enjoy it LOL. What the big picture to me says that we will be much more competative than what we have ever been. We also need to keep in mind that the other airlines are licking their chops wanting us to vote no so maybe the chance of liquidation comes in and they can swoop down like the vultures they are(No offense here to OA employees) and plus if this thing passes it takes the pressure of us and throws it back on OA. If management gets the concessions and loan OA becomes the one at the disadvantage not Usairways. We as CSA agents represented by CWA must choose to pick our battles and now is not the time....cannot wait until this modification of contract is over...that is the time for the battle.

We in fleet service had the same choice to make as the cwa people...and it was a lose-lose situation for us as well..pretty much like a presidential election with one candidate to choose from....all we can do is hope for the best at this point..

I agree with MCO-RES I've just voted yes...
I feel for me it was the right vote..everyone has different needs and thoughts on the issues....which we all must respect.

Well put MCORORES. Like others should be doing, you're looking at this logically and not letting your emotions get in the way of doing what is best for our chances of survival.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/15/2002 3:59:19 PM MCORORES wrote:

RC...like the attitude and wish I could do the same, but surprisingly to myself I will be voting yes. Do not like it, but I have to look at the big picture. If some think that we will get a better deal from the BK judge you should think again. I do not believe so. I would rather live to be a thorn in managements side, I kinda of enjoy it LOL. What the big picture to me says that we will be much more competative than what we have ever been. We also need to keep in mind that the other airlines are licking their chops wanting us to vote no so maybe the chance of liquidation comes in and they can swoop down like the vultures they are(No offense here to OA employees) and plus if this thing passes it takes the pressure of us and throws it back on OA. If management gets the concessions and loan OA becomes the one at the disadvantage not Usairways. We as CSA agents represented by CWA must choose to pick our battles and now is not the time....cannot wait until this modification of contract is over...that is the time for the battle.
----------------
[/blockquote]

As I have said earlier, in less than a year, guaranteed, either an office will entirely shut down or become dot com. In either case, hundreds of 20 an hr CS will be eliminated. If they make your office the dot com office, will you work for 13? Will you and others with roots txfr to Winston or PIT, even though they will likely not offer any transfers to GS? And if they don't offer transfers, is systemwide bumping going to occur?Your yes vote is YOUR vote, all I am saying is that it may accomplish a few more 20 an hour paychx, thats it. You're still screwed in the near term.

As I stated before RC....Now is not the time for any battle between labor and management. What is going to happen is going to happen, nothing that you and I can do about it. Does not matter. I will deal with it when it does happen. You have to look at the broader picture that is the key. Yes like you I cannot count how many times I have had to bend over and grab my ankles. But I also have a mind like an elephant...I never forget and I will bide my time until 2009. That IMO is the time for the battle to be continued. I consider this just a 7 year truce. I beleive that the battle will continue at that point because there will be no changes in our wonderful management in CCY. Nothing has changed there and more than likely will not. Dave has promised a kinder and more employee freindly management. I am sure that is one thing that you and myself can agree on.....it has yet to happen in RES.