DAL employees rewarded handsomely....

These guys are in BK and Grinstein and Co. are handing out $700+ million in cash and stock?? :shock: Must be nice to not pay your bills and be able to give away cash like a leprachaun! :blink:

In addition, DL senior mgmt. continues to lambast US and specifically D.P in corp. communications regarding the bribes....ooops :eek: ...I mean payouts!!!

Looks like DL will stay non-union or the forseeable future. At least until the next BK, which at the rate the precious resources are being given away over there will be sooner rather than later.

Parker was probably right...when he said that DL post-BK will make UAL look good!

Yeah, I'd listen to him. He's doin' a great job.

Well...YES actually he is!

Sorry, I mean no offense here, but I have to say it.

DL mgmt.(including Grinstein) was the joke of the industry until you guys stopped the merger. How many people have been wondering how long DL would survive, even in BK?? They owe the employees big-time!! Think it stops with cash bribes? Nope, pay raises mean CASM increases, which DL will hardly be able to afford. They have been hemmoraging $$$ before and during BK. Do you think this helps that situation??? :unsure:

I will get "kool-aid" comments for what I am saying, so be it.
Betting against Doug and this US mgmt. team is a big mistake. People on this board have been doing it since the merger was announced.
The airline is making buckets of $$$$ and a few glitches aside, will emerge stronger from the lessons learned.

Hey Delta777,

Why dont you post the numerous cities where DL outsourced the ramp and laid-off the fleet service members?

And WN pays over $24 an hour.

700, even you should give Delta credit for treating their workers very good. A union can not help them, probably make things worse off for them.

Yes, Delta has contracted out some cities but not nearly as many as the IAM agreed to with its bed partner US AIRWAYS. When the IAM got voted in there were like 90 cities. Now it is down to 11, with another 9 that are commuter pay cities.

Plus, Delta just offered their ramp a much better benefit than the goofy IAM pension plan that only pays contributions of up to 5% with deep restrictions/caps, and possibly suspensions.

Give Delta credit for treating people right. It treats people much better than the IAM treats people.

regards,

Well...YES actually he is!

Sorry, I mean no offense here, but I have to say it.

DL mgmt.(including Grinstein) was the joke of the industry until you guys stopped the merger. How many people have been wondering how long DL would survive, even in BK?? They owe the employees big-time!! Think it stops with cash bribes? Nope, pay raises mean CASM increases, which DL will hardly be able to afford. They have been hemmoraging $$$ before and during BK. Do you think this helps that situation??? :unsure:

I will get "kool-aid" comments for what I am saying, so be it.
Betting against Doug and this US mgmt. team is a big mistake. People on this board have been doing it since the merger was announced.
The airline is making buckets of $$$$ and a few glitches aside, will emerge stronger from the lessons learned.

"a few glitches aside"

LOL!!! The statement of the millenium. Your not only drinking the Doogie kool-aid, your drowning in the punch bowl!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Delta777,

Why dont you post the numerous cities where DL outsourced the ramp and laid-off the fleet service members?

And WN pays over $24 an hour.

What does WN have to do with the price of tea in China? I never claimed we were the best paid.

As for your comment about outsourced DAL cities, unfortunately, without a contract, they do as they please. I believe DAL has 13 cities with under-the-wing personnel.

Lets see what the IAM has done for LCC. Outsourced all cities with fewer than 69 flights. Outsource all utility except CLT and PIT. Outsource all GSE except PIT, PHL, and CLT. What do you have 10-ish cities with under-the-wing personnel. Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones pal. You have a full plate and then some dealing with Doogie.

And the best part is DAL management WILLINGLY gave the enhanced benefits, no need for drug-out negotiations. :up:

What does WN have to do with the price of tea in China? I never claimed we were the best paid.

As for your comment about outsourced DAL cities, unfortunately, without a contract, they do as they please. I believe DAL has 13 cities with under-the-wing personnel.

Lets see what the IAM has done for LCC. Outsourced all cities with fewer than 69 flights. Outsource all utility except CLT and PIT. Outsource all GSE except PIT, PHL, and CLT. What do you have 10-ish cities with under-the-wing personnel. Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones pal. You have a full plate and then some dealing with Doogie.

And the best part is DAL management WILLINGLY gave the enhanced benefits, no need for drug-out negotiations. :up:

We only have our own ramp in 10 cities?

DL mgmt.(including Grinstein) was the joke of the industry until you guys stopped the merger.

Are you kidding me? Didn't you work for America West? I've worked for both, and I can tell you unequivocally who the joke of the airline industry was. (I'll give you a hint: it wasn't Delta and it wasn't USAir)

One thing that I will have to credit the IAM with is that it did establish the creation of the substandard Class 2 pay structure for any IAM member who works in a station that is a non hub.
Thankfully, the non-union carriers have not yielded to the pressures of paying non-hub employees 20% less pay...pressures that were created by the unions, not management.

We should be used to unions establishing new industry sub standards because it was the TWU that established the "B" scale in return for the automatic recognition of american eagle employee$.

regards,

First of all it was a bankruptcy abrogated contract that the members ratified and US still has fleet at more then 13 stations and has a defined benefit program.

Can you say the same?

First of all it was a bankruptcy abrogated contract that the members ratified and US still has fleet at more then 13 stations and has a defined benefit program.

Can you say the same?

700, Delta has more fleet service than US, and at least Delta hasn't followed the IAM lead and created a separate pay for non-hub employees. If Delta went IAM, my bet would be that more work would be contracted out.

Obviously the delta employees won't be restricted with the jurassiclike IAM pension that 'severely' limits the company's contribution amounts, and has 'painful' restrictions with no choices.

Remember, the defined benefit plan was the second biggest concession that fleet took. It was a 48.2 million dollar concession.

700 answer me this question, would you rather have your company put in 10% of your pay in a retirement account for you, or would you rather your company limit its contributions from between 3%-5% based strictly on a 40 hour workweek, not including OT?

Why do you argue the IAM"s weak points? If I'm an IAM loyalist then I try to find positive things, not things in which the IAM has performed quite poorly at.
regards,

"a few glitches aside"

LOL!!! The statement of the millenium. Your not only drinking the Doogie kool-aid, your drowning in the punch bowl!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

yes... a few glitches. :shock:
beerbottleoutline.jpg

Just some harmless fun thats all! :D
Hey, we all work for the same industry and we need to laugh at ourselves from time to time. You guys are making money and have turned the corner. Good luck to you all! :D

Being optimistic is one thing and there's nothing wrong with it. When optimism prevents you from seeing reality, it's probably gone beyond mere optimism. Maybe another "O" word - ostrich-like.....

Jim