Parker Turns Down Bonus

Perhaps when all of the IAM/IBT/TWU crap gets taken care of and full integration gets closer the new company will negotiate a fair and equitable profit sharing. Seems to me that you can at least work with this guy. He doesn't seem as "Slippery" as the prior gang. Besides their over looting NWA now.

Doug is saying,HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW..lol :up: :up: :up:

One year plus...later..lol

US Airways CEO Declines 2005 Annual Incentive Payment
March 9, 2006

US Airways today announced internally that CEO Doug Parker has declined his 2005 bonus payment. The airline’s Board of Directors recently approved payouts for eligible employees under America West’s 2005 Annual Incentive Program. As part of that program, the Board awarded Doug a 2005 cash incentive payment of $770,000, which he declined. As part of this same program, eligible former America West employees at grades 23 and above will receive payouts. Details of individual payments will be available from your direct supervisor early next week.

CEO Comments

Doug stated, “I am pleased that the America West Airlines annual incentive plan was achieved for 2005. Our team certainly earned and deserves this recognition. While I am honored by the Board’s recognition of my own contributions, I have chosen to decline this award. As CEO of a larger merged airline that has many employees who have taken significant pay cuts and many others still on furlough, I have communicated to our Board that I would prefer to receive an annual cash incentive when our employee profit sharing plans are paying dividends too. In 2006, the annual incentive program will only pay if the profit-sharing plan in place for the majority of our employees pays out.

“I do not take this step lightly as I strongly believe our team has earned this reward. I recognize, however, that deciding to lead the former US Airways team comes with some expectation of shared sacrifice. Unlike most of the team, my total compensation includes some other key elements, including a Long Term Incentive Plan. That Plan paid out a significant amount for 2005 due to America West’s industry leading stock performance from 2002 to 2005. Ultimately, I look forward to the day when profit sharing is a consistent part of our culture and appreciate the efforts of all of our employees as we work to integrate our two airlines.â€￾

I would lay a bet that you are management and planted this one to create more angst among the employees let alone satiate your desire to suck up to your superiors.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is an old article. Read the date. Management has had umpteenth chances to truely forge ahead with a winning team. What has happened? At every corner they have fumbled the ball. And you can take this to the bank, they will continue to line their pockets with millions until wall street or the employees are fed up and throw them out.

I would lay a bet that you are management and planted this one to create more angst among the employees let alone satiate your desire to suck up to your superiors.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is an old article. Read the date. Management has had umpteenth chances to truely forge ahead with a winning team. What has happened? At every corner they have fumbled the ball. And you can take this to the bank, they will continue to line their pockets with millions until wall street or the employees are fed up and throw them out.

Unless management TRULY takes the BEST of both F/A contracts AND offers asubstantial raise, a big fat NO is all I will vote for. Infact, I have SOOOOO little trust or confidence in this group I am fairly certain I will vote No ANYWAY!!

Unless management TRULY takes the BEST of both F/A contracts AND offers asubstantial raise, a big fat NO is all I will vote for. Infact, I have SOOOOO little trust or confidence in this group I am fairly certain I will vote No ANYWAY!!

sky high states: BEST OF WHAT? Best of the East's gutted contract that took us back 25 years? Or the West's, the one that never rised above one of the worst in the industry?

.........yeahhhh, lets VOTE NO. Let's see how worried management becomes, because THIS TIME, a bankruptcy judge isnt involved. WE HAVE OPTIONS. :up: :up:

only stating opinions

sky high states: BEST OF WHAT? Best of the East's gutted contract that took us back 25 years? Or the West's, the one that never rised above one of the worst in the industry?

Let me rephrase. Let's get rid of the wors..well there goes the entire contract!

Parker and key individuals did the same thing after 9/11 - but before you start singing and dancing his praises if you read the SEC Filings for the years after 9/11 you will find that the board then paid them bonuses to bring them up to industry average for the time that they declined the pay. But it does look good in the press for now doesn't it.

Bill Franke with a candy coating.

Ohhh he is nothing like Franke. That POS ranks up there with Carl Icahn and Frank Lorenzo.

I can't recall another situation where money was turned down. I would like to research SEC filings. Little help please.
Where did you get the 22,000,000 dollar figure from?

If this has already been answered my apologies.

Old Hand Steadies the Ship
Hill Experience Helped Grinstein Keep Delta Intact
Grinstein also turned down millions of dollars in additional compensation for bringing the company out of bankruptcy. That money will instead be used to start a charity fund for employees in trouble, executives said.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...3001705_pf.html