Dates set for ramp vote

Southwind,

Dont let the facts get in your way.

Unionized workers in the US is at about 13%, that leaves 87% of the workforce non-union.

Unions cannot use dues money to make contributions to candidates or parties, unlike companies.

So how did 13% of the workforce elect Obama when the majority of the voters are non-union?

Dont let the facts get in your way.
Unions cannot use dues money to make contributions to candidates or parties, unlike companies.

May want to recheck those facts again.....

Exhibit A
A record $87.5 million has been spent by one union, the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, to elect Democrats. Paid not by voluntary contribution from its members, but by forced union dues from workers—who are paid by taxpayers.

Exhibit B
When Nashua, New Hampshire postal worker Philip Wakeman paid dues to the National Post Mail Handlers Union (NPMHU), a division of the Laborers' International Union, he had no idea that union bosses would illegally launder his money into their political coffers.

Shall I continue down the alphabet?

You dont even read what you posted.

VOLUNTARY CONTRIBUTIONS, are monies donated by the Union Members own money, to a PAC, not DUES MONEY.

You make this too easy!

VOLUNTARY CONTRIBUTIONS, are monies donated by the Union Members own money, to a PAC, not DUES MONEY.

You make this too easy!

Did the money come from "Union Employees" pockets.................it's a yes or no question !

You make this too easy!

If you are referring to Exhibit A, you may want to reread that again my friend. I highlight for the reading impaired.

Exhibit A
A record $87.5 million has been spent by one union, the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, to elect Democrats. Paid not by voluntary contribution from its members, but by forced union dues from workers—who are paid by taxpayers.

So in short:
Not by voluntary contributions means not making a voluntary contribution of your own accord.
By forced union dues from workers means PAC money was taken from union dues.

Please let me know if that is still a bit murky to comprehend. Its not hard.

So what does it matter? Non-union workers donate more to candidates than union workers.

The money comes from a person, not union dues, is that too hard to understand?

It is against the law for a union to force someone to give their money to a union to give to a candidate, its illegal for union dues to be used for political donations.

Union dues are not allowed to be given to PACs, better go read the laws.

So what does it matter? Non-union workers donate more to candidates than union workers.

Really? Wow that's a very stunning admission. Even when faced with the facts your reply is "So what"?

So this isn't true then is it?

And yes it does matter. Its illegal. The union chooses who to support regardless of the members will.

How about if I take your money with or without your knowledge to give to Sarah Palin PAC instead of Obama's OFA?

It is against the law for a union to force someone to give their money to a union to give to a candidate, its illegal for union dues to be used for political donations.

Union dues are not allowed to be given to PACs, better go read the laws.

I know exactly what the laws are and I proved to you how Unions do it anyway until they get caught. Emphasis on "until they get caught". Are you actually inferring that the Unions are law abiding 100% of the time with their union dues not being funneled for political purposes. History says otherwise.

http://www.unionfreeamerica.com/duesforpolitics.htm

"The next time a union official tries to tell you that they don't spend dues dollars on politics, ask the to see their "Beck statement." They are required to provide all non member fee payers with a audited financial statement showing a categorical breakdown of their expenditures and how much of each category is for the actual cost of representation and how much is for other purposes. That's a legal requirement."

Whens the last time you union peeps have viewed your "Beck Statement" ! :unsure:

Or try this one, straight from the horses mouth.......seiu !

http://www.seiu521.org/Union_dues_structure_changes_in_2011.asp

"Even though times are tough and we're all having to tighten our belts," said RoseAnn Dominguez, SEIU Local 521 Treasurer, "please remember that our dues are what helps our Union keep going in the fight to help us win decent contracts, minimize or stop takeaways, and put worker-friendly lawmakers in office to fight for our rights."

What part of "and put worker-friendly lawmakers in office" do you not understand ! :blink:

If you are referring to Exhibit A, you may want to reread that again my friend. I highlight for the reading impaired.

Exhibit A

So in short:
Not by voluntary contributions means not making a voluntary contribution of your own accord.
By forced union dues from workers means PAC money was taken from union dues.

Please let me know if that is still a bit murky to comprehend. Its not hard.

Unions set up voluntary contributions that a member can pay for political purposes. Also, about 5 to 10% of dues money does go for political contributions of which a member can get back by being an objector. There is no forcing that I've ever seen. Unions have been a good thing to combat the corporate greed machine. Learn!!!!

Unions set up voluntary contributions that a member can pay for political purposes. Also, about 5 to 10% of dues money does go for political contributions of which a member can get back by being an objector. There is no forcing that I've ever seen. Unions have been a good thing to combat the corporate greed machine. Learn!!!!
Lawsuits, history and facts say otherwise. They are just as greedy if not more. Fact the facts!!!!

Lawsuits, history and facts say otherwise. They are just as greedy if not more. Fact the facts!!!!

Yes,

Greedy at fighting Corporate greed. Go Unions, you lay down and take it I guess. I guess you've never fought or played sports just listened to what the man says. Weak.

Yes,

Greedy at fighting Corporate greed. Go Unions, you lay down and take it I guess. I guess you've never fought or played sports just listened to what the man says. Weak.
Nope, i perfectly capable to fight for myself. I don't need to pay a third party to speak for me.

http://www.seiu521.org/Union_dues_structure_changes_in_2011.asp

"Even though times are tough and we're all having to tighten our belts," said RoseAnn Dominguez, SEIU Local 521 Treasurer, "please remember that our dues are what helps our Union keep going in the fight to help us win decent contracts, minimize or stop takeaways, and put worker-friendly lawmakers in office to fight for our rights." "

Where in the above statement does it say anything about voluntary contributions !

Back