Dave,dave,dave You Have Got To Be Kidding Me

Doc

Veteran
Jul 15, 2003
www.usaviation.com
AMR CAN TURN A SMALL PROFIT BUT ALL YOU CAN DO IS COMPLAIN THAT EMPLOYEES MAKE TO MUCH MONEY........JUST ONE THING DAVE I HAVE TO SAY TO YOU DAVE.

WHAT BUSINESS PLAN ..YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.....

USAIRWAYS HAS GOT TO GET RID OF YOU

The nation's No. 1 airline made a small profit during the third quarter. AMR Corp., parent of American Airlines, a major customer of the Boeing Co., is reporting a profit of $1 million.

The airline also reported it has a cash balance of $3.3 billion, double what it had in April.

Its profit is small compared with a $924 million loss in last year's third quarter. This year, its reporting revenue of $4.6 billion was more than its revenue of $4.52 billion last year.

"We are making good progress," AMR's CEO Gerard Arpey said. "Nevertheless, the third quarter is a peak season for the airline industry, and under normal circumstances, we should be doing much better at this time of year."

ine use.

Tick tock tick tock tick tock.....

times's up, this management team needs to go!

They lost the employees long ago, next they lost the politicians, then they lost the customers, and now they've lost the confidence of every analyst in the industry... this airline is a joke- please give it back to us and JUST GO>

OK, this is just a rumor but it sounds good. On Thursday, a couple of mainline pilots now flying for Mesa told me that Dave will be gone in about 30 days.
Like I said, it's an unsubstantiated rumor but if only it's true....

What me run airline?

:up:

With all the concessions given him by labor, twice, plus everyone we do business with and government handouts, and government backed loans on and on and he still says it’s not enough! Then it’s enough his leadership which equals total failure. I hope for everyone’s sake on the property this rumor is accurate because it sure is accurate that he needs to go.

Don't tease me. If Dave Siegel is gone from this company in 30 days, I'll throw one hell of a party. Dear Santa, please take away that mean old Dave CEO.

I'm not saying management may not seek further concessions down the road, by the fact is due to other airline restructurings and the LCC's rapid expansion, US Airways' CASM is too high.

Like I have said in a number of postings, costs must come down in non labor areas and that needs to be the focus.

Can it? Absolutely and management is addressing these issues. From a positive perspective, unit costs are coming down and revenue performance is better than every other network carrier, but this effort appears to be not enough to return the airline to sustained profitability.

However, it would not surprise me if there is an ulterior motive here, such as if a divestiture of United assets come US Airways' way, Bronner may require the United employees to transfer to US Airways to keep the airplanes flying and maintaining revenue. Obviously, this would have a huge impact on US Airways furloughee sentiment. Regardless, the United pilots think this could occur and changed their contract from a pre-nuptial seniority integration language to ALPA Merger & Fragmentation policy.

Moreover, could Siegel’s comments be a third party comment to Ed Rendell and Jim Roddey, delivered from a different venue?

Nonetheless, I believe we will see management initiatives to lower costs outlined in my other posts, there will be more efforts to outsource maintenance or conduct overhaul in-house at a lower cost, maybe seek employee concessions, and possibly take employees from other ailines to join US Airways employees for the combined business entity, even though we have peers furloughed.

Regards,

Chip

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

They would not know what hit them if they take another airlines employees before recalling furloughs... 16,000 furloughees can do alot of badmouthing of a company

Chip Munn said:
Nonetheless, I believe we will see management initiatives to lower costs outlined in my other posts, there will be more efforts to outsource maintenance or conduct overhaul in-house at a lower cost, maybe seek employee concessions, and possibly take employees from other ailines to join US Airways employees for the combined business entity, even though we have peers furloughed.
EXACTLY, and the reason I made my post that DAVE MUST GO!

These things can only happen if we as labor permit them to happen, otherwise they it simply can't happen. See proof this week 10/21/03 when they tried to ignore a signed contract. Labor MUST work with them to let it happen, and labor can also tell them where to go, like out the door with Dave and his merry band of liars. Dave is not omnipotent, just in his own mind that holds true. He leads with oppression, pure arrogance and total disregard of the very employees who make it all work. His meaning of "dynamic" means changing the rules midstream regardless if it’s legal, right or wrong, just as long as it suits his mind that makes it ok. This kind of leadership must be stopped ASAP and we can stop it because he is NOT omnipotent, he only acts like he is.

CHIP: i'M JUST CURIOUS: hOW COULD UNITED'S PEOPLE COME AND HELP MAINTAIN PLANES SHOULD BRONNER CALL FOR THAT? WOULD THERE HAVE TO BE A LOT OF RESTRUCTURE TO TAKE PLACE BETWEEN BOTH AIRLINES AND SECOND WOULD THE GOVT. EVEN ALLOW A MERGER OF SORTS? HOW WOULD A FAILING AIRLINE GUID APPLY? SORT OF LIKE TWA MAYBE?

Chip,
In your own post , you have hit a nail on the head regarding the LCC's success. "Expansion"

Expansion and stretching our legs and wings sorta speak is the only way we will ever get out of this spiral we are in. Expansion broadens our market presence , lower the cost of a seat mile....and welcomes more to use USAirways.

Dave's willingness to kill off the mainline employees is a shell game to secure his desire to have us all working at poverty levels. Once he achieves poverty levels...then maybe things will grow? , but at who's expense? Yours and Mine obviously. Sorry Pal....we paid to play once...and that ship has sailed and sunk.

Seeing how we are not willing to accept his slash and burn to emergence strategy...and seeing how your UA UTC/ITC theory is far from fact , based on a number of factors...first and foremost being ACA not willing or likely to sell out to J.O and Mesa .

Why don't we try something really novel here? Lets try expanding our market presence...letting people know we are still here to serve them via advertising and sound marketing.

I think very few share in your dreams of UA falling apart...and U mopping up on any degree of thier floundering.

I for one believe UA will prevail....and I also believe UA is going to need less and less of U's code sharing as they themselves enter into markets where we fly...aka the Carribean for example.

If Dave needs to lower the cost of a seat mile....well Deleted by moderator...use these planes to thier maximum potential range wise. That alone...not to mention increasing our exposure to other cities which will benefit the FF's we still enjoy should help big time.

I wish you would wise up and stop with the UA conspiracy crud...and use your voice to work for the benefit of the majority. Just maybe you would get some folks off your back around here...and do some real positive with your notoriety .

Sadly....you are only coming off as a sour grapes ex-UA pilot , with a considerably dull axe to grind. I'm sure you are about down to a knub at this point...or at least should be?

Fix the problem Dave...destroying your greatest assets and playing this collapsing bag strategy is not working !!!...or do you need to learn at the expense of more of us?

AOG,

YOU GO MAN !!!!
Actually you need to stay !!! Dave is the one that needs to go !!!

Dave , Don't let the door hit'cha where the good Lord split'cha !!! (LOL) :up:

Hello Newman said:
OK, this is just a rumor but it sounds good. On Thursday, a couple of mainline pilots now flying for Mesa told me that Dave will be gone in about 30 days.

What me run airline?

Heard the same rumor last night around the bon fire... seems a mech at CLT was there too. Nothing to back it up, though.

cltvff said:
Hello Newman said:
OK, this is just a rumor but it sounds good.  On Thursday, a couple of mainline pilots now flying for Mesa told me that Dave will be gone in about 30 days.

What me run airline?

Heard the same rumor last night around the bon fire... seems a mech at CLT was there too. Nothing to back it up, though.
Not too play devil's advocate here, but are you all going to call for the ouster of Leo Mullin? After all, DL lost about $100MM as well.