Dave Davis Named Us Airways Cfo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Above market airfares definately. But US Airways labor rates were in line with the other major airlines. It was the company, not labor, that decided on gouging short haul business travelers, and thought the "expensive glorified regional" plan would work forever.

Kt- :wub: Thanks!

I'm still waiting to be assigned a job at Fantasy US Airways. Could I at least do the uniforms? :)

whatkindoffreshhell said:
Did you take pleasure during all those years of way-above-market airfares and labor rates?

Free market system.
Hmm, I guess you have wrong information.

I took a paycut and concessions in 1992 thru 1995, then my group went without a raise from 1995 till the end of 1999.

Then in 2002 took a 12% paycut, a 400% increase of medical insurance, a 12.8% paycut, a downgrade to a lower paying job which caused a bigger paycut, 20,000 less jobs, $1.2 billion in concessions and now they are back for more.

So please explain to me how I enjoyed high wages and benefits from 1992 till present day?

Please explain to me why US Airways employees are the lowest paid in the industry and the executives are the highest paid?

700UW said:
Do you take pleasure in knowing that 27,000 employees plus hundreds if not thousands of other employees' whose company does business with US might be out of work?
Well, with comments like "full pay 'till the last day," its clear that many in the IAM would rather let 28,000 go unemployed and simply start over at Jiffy Lube - or in your case at Don's Johns.

Status
Not open for further replies.