BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
If some of these changes have been posted before, I apologize....Jim

Who's Where
US Airways
Aviation Week & Space Technology
02/02/2004, page 8

David M. Davis has been promoted to senior vice president-finance from vice president-financial planning and analysis for US Airways. Andrew P. Nocella, who has been vice president-pricing and revenue management, has become vice president-network and revenue management. Elizabeth K. Lanier, who has been executive vice president-corporate affairs/general counsel, also will be corporate secretary. In that role, she will succeed Jennifer C. McGarey, who has been named vice president/corporate secretary of MCI. Jeffery A. McDougle, who has been vice president-fleet, has been named vice president/treasurer of Laidlaw International. Daniel M. McDonald, who has been vice president-planning and scheduling, has been appointed senior vice president-network planning for the Americas for DHL. P. Douglas McKeen, who has been vice president-labor relations and benefits, is expected to return to labor consulting in Minneapolis, effective Apr. 1.

PineyBob said:
Don't those last two weapons kill rather indiscriminately? There are some very skilled folks at CCY that should not be killed literally or metaphorically.

Many however need to be "counseled" into alternative careers. Perhaps a list and reason why would help since Management Lurks regularly.
....actually killing is not a "Daisy Cutters" intended purpose. This weapon was designed and used as an engineering tool to make field expediant helicopter landing zones during the Viet Nam war....what it's been used for since , well that's another story. I prefer the angle of progress via the needed distruction and removal process that's required here. The savings on the facilities is just another added plus :D

They have done everything possible to destroy the employee's...and what has that accomplished? They have violated aspects of every labor groups contracts....and what has that accomplished?...other than making more and more lawyers rich and widening the rift between CCY and those in the field.

As far a napalm goes.....maybe I just like cook-outs on a grander scale than most?..consider yourself invited Bob :p :D You can bring the beer and ice.

Bob....I want you to accept employment at UAIR.....and then I'll give you a left handed lecture on temperance and anger management. ;)

PineyBob said:
AOG-N-IT said:
I'm still trying to figure out why a smart guy like you stays.
Bob,

......I ask myself that same question at times. The answer is always the same too.

I step out the back door and a glance upward to see one of our planes passing over..or the glimpse of a contrail always sobers me up (figuratively speaking).

Simply put...it the planes that keep me here....and maybe the mis-guided hope of someone actually stepping up to the plate and silencing those that seek our downfall.

I believe in USAirways in the grand scheme of things....and for me it's a worthy fight to work at..I only wish we had an ownership group (RSA) that shared the love of this industry instead of looking at it as a flight of financial fancy to dabble in.

Bronner's willingness to accept what Seigel has accomplished..and whom he elects to keep in the inter-sanctum of this company is to say the very least disturbing...but regardless of what they do?..or how they fail to see or react to outside stimulous?...as long as a plane is flying and I can be part of that physical act taking place , consider me present for the long haul...even if it turns out to be a short haul in the end?

I'm sure if you polled the other 28,000 still here...the answer would 9 times out of ten very much the same as mine. This tells me one thing , it's not those that work at it..it's not those whom have made UAIR thier lives....it's those whom blow in and blow out with thier pockets full that have put us here...and keep pushing us further down.

We are the ones that make thier plans work one way or another everyday...so is it the fault of the muscle for not working when the signals from the braintrust are flawed or short-sighted? We are not paid to have strategic vision...nor are we rewarded for such. Those whom are charged with this type of vision and rewarded in alike terms are what's wrong here.

US Airways To Scrutinize Sales And Marketing Dept.

FEBRUARY 03, 2004 -- US Airways vice president of sales and marketing Steve Tracas this week will leave the company after six years, the latest in a string of executive resignations at the nation's seventh-largest airline. According to a spokesperson, Tracas' personal decision provides US Airways an opportunity to carefully examine the sales and marketing department.

"We will take a close look at all the functions in that department and possibly restructure," the spokesperson said.

In the interim, many of Tracas' sales responsibilities, which included corporate sales, will be handled by Douglas Leo, vice president of international. Senior vice president of marketing and planning B. Ben Baldanza continues to oversee marketing activities.

"We are disappointed Steve is leaving," the company spokesperson said. "He made valuable contributions to revenue generation during very tough times. The fact that we have met our revenue plan is a testament to him and the entire salesforce."

Jim

Bob,

Too bad..... thanks for giving us a little just toooo much information, but I certainly now get it and your ambition here.....

If and when you get hired here and on our payroll, (and I am sure you are banging down their doors from what I hear, genius) YOU WILL REALLY SEE MY WRATH!

And I have the ability to make you notorious lumped with all the rest of the clowns.

PineyBob said:
BTW I sent them a resume once on a bet, they won't hire me! heck I couldn't even get an interview. Not sure what that says, but it says something don't you think? Maybe it says that independent thinking isn't valued or that they can't afford me? Who knows and frankly who really care Ya Know!

I'm still trying to figure out why a smart guy like you stays.
Why would you want to???? They don't pay well and D.C. is e.x.p.e.n.s.i.v.e

I have sent my resume in many times as well. But, alas, I've been told by too many inside friends not to even bother.

Latest posts