Dave's Friday Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Labor has the choice on whether they will provide relief from expensive and inefficient work rules. We can’t continue to bleed red ink. It is imperative that we resolve our financial problems. The first step is working together as a team. This will greatly increase our effectiveness to combat the competition. We must end the continued litany of strife between labor and management. We must focus on the competition versus each other. We can win as a team! :up:

Succeeding in the airline industry requires a balancing act of effectively managing people and capricious economics. We have the best employees in the industry-PERIOD! Quality customer service is the benchmark that distinguishes Airways from our competitors. They never give up despite chronic cycles of losses and furloughs. They continue to provide excellent customer service and remain steadfast by excelling in their daily job duties. This is a vital component in returning to profitability.

Hawk said:
Labor has the choice on whether they will provide relief from expensive and inefficient work rules. We can’t continue to bleed red ink. It is imperative that we resolve our financial problems. The first step is working together as a team.
And please state some specifics on how management proposes these changes occur and what they shall be. The same old rhetoric without examples and suggestions does nothing to further our effort. We want to help management and together beat the competition, but we're without guidance and direction. Please enlighten us on what exactly management (or you) consider to be inefficient and outdated work rules and how management (or you) would propose it be changed. Eagerly awaiting your reply. :up:

Hawk,

We will gladly except your loss and furlough !!....even a Christmas resignation will do nicely !!

I agree that work rules can be tweaked ....but not anything that idles more in labor.

I believe that the employee's have shown time and again that we can deliver , inspite of the negative ways you have dealt with us....and continue to try to horn-swaggle your way around binding agreements.

Maybe if you folks in CCY would show a change and provide proof of being genuine for a moment , things could change for the better?

Until you show tangible proof that the enemies are those that seek to destroy us , instead of labeling labor as the root of all the ills....we have very little left to talk about.

Your first step needs to be a cease in persuing the outsourcing of OUR Airbus work...that would be a step in the right direction. Maybe then we can get some planes flying against the opposition...and create a spirit of cooperation around here.

The call is within your ability to make !!!....Not Ours !! :angry:

Managements BIG PLAN has included, transferring revenue from Usairways to MESA, while transferring flying from b737/a319 to RJS, and at the same time reduced wages and benefits, in some cases, to below that of non-union companies(with IAM &CWA help).

At the same time they have been in the " Christmas Spirit" of Giving Passengers AWAY to other carriers for the last two years, due to the parking of mainline aircraft. Thereby, creating self-inflicted wounds.

And now complains of "expensive and inefficient work rules".

Dave, it is as you and your TEAM who are "expensive and inefficient"!!! AND WE

CAN'T WIN WITH YOU ON OUR TEAM!!!

jack mama said:
Union busters??? Don't you think if these guys would of dumped all of the contracts during bankrupcty if they were union busters. We all got off easy during Ch11, it could of been much worse. I still can't believe that is not what they did in the first place. Get a clean slate, and instill all the effeciencies from the beginning, instead of inheriting all of the mess from the pre dereg days.
they didn't get a chance to dump the contracts because the labor groups came to an agreement with the company during BK.where you been,dude?
does jack mama know jack ??

Hawk said:
Labor has the choice on whether they will provide relief from expensive and inefficient work rules.
Hawk, I just completed another day of work as a pilot at US Airways and flew a grand total of one flight for 2:20, as scheduled. I notice the plane I rode to LAX on today sits for 7 hours before it flies again. Note that nothing in our work rules would prevent me from operating more flights today and generating more revenue for US Airways, just as no work rules would prevent that Airbus from flying up and down the coast somewhere instead of sitting idle.

Be specific; what union work rules are preventing management from better utilizing employees and airplanes? Or is CC too focused on figuring out how to outsource as many of our passengers as possible onto Star, UAL, Express, and MDA to take care of business at home?

Uinvestor said:
3. Increase the number of Kiosks. I personally like them and see no reason to speak with a live agent unless I am checking excess baggage.
On the basis of this statement alone, I conclude that you are a blowhard who does not fly US or any other domestic major more than once a month, tops.

Hawk said:
Labor has the choice on whether they will provide relief from expensive and inefficient work rules. We can’t continue to bleed red ink. It is imperative that we resolve our financial problems. The first step is working together as a team. This will greatly increase our effectiveness to combat the competition. We must end the continued litany of strife between labor and management. We must focus on the competition versus each other. We can win as a team! :up:

Succeeding in the airline industry requires a balancing act of effectively managing people and capricious economics. We have the best employees in the industry-PERIOD! Quality customer service is the benchmark that distinguishes Airways from our competitors. They never give up despite chronic cycles of losses and furloughs. They continue to provide excellent customer service and remain steadfast by excelling in their daily job duties. This is a vital component in returning to profitability.
You fools had your chance to change the work rules in Chapter 11. It's like shooting fish in the proverbial barrel. You passed, have attempted to unilaterally alter CBAs in the interim (say Hi to the 3rd circuit for me) and now you want your employees to trust you and take one for the team? Yeah, and I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Perhaps you missed the class at Haaaaavahd where they talked about leading by example, or leadership period.

Further, since the US executive team, including your pit bull (no comparison intended) Jerrod Glass (of harrison and ford--who pride themselves on union busting for the management shill who posted earlier in the thread) completely lacks the ability to manage people effectively, I'd say you guys are screwed, capricious economics nonwithstanding.

Did it ever occur to you that when your unions hate you (and don't trust you), your investors are nervous, your stock is in the tank, your balance sheet sucks, and analysts are panning you left and right that perhaps you, your team, and your plan are to blame?

I would not let the current crop in CCY manage my neighborhood lemonade stand, much less an airline. Hopefully, Bronner will come to that conclusion as well.

Hawk,
I would have to agree with you finally on one of your statements, we do have the best employee's in the industry!!!! Unfortunately we also happen to have the WORST managment in the industry!!!!! We try to work with the current managment of U but are continued to be S**** upon!!!! :angry:

Hawk -

I believe you have been called on the carpet. You show us where the inefficiencies are, where we could be more productive - without CCY changing the plan of operation. We have given you plenty of ideas on how to make the aircraft more productive - which will lead to the employees being more productive - which will lead to better facility utilization - which will lead to reduced costs and added revenue. What are you guys doing about it? Show us some examples and lets have a real discussion here.

Clue,

Am I loving you or what...you know us like no other on this planet ....

Hawk,

I've said this to you a million times on the PMs, CHANGE MANAGEMNT CULTURE ASAP TOWARDS EMPLOYEES. Get rid of some middle management folks that blatantly disrespect and disregard the employees, (taught by you no less.) You want team work, change culture fast. At that point, we will be more efficient, better, work harder than ever, cause we are the best. Little late to notice this and capture our trust. However, you need to change. Lead by example and get rid of the "blow hards that look to punish employees with new stupid policies of rediculous disciplines for idiotic infractions.

None the less, if you are looking to eliminate jobs at this point as a result of enhanced productivity....pound salt with a chisle on the edge of a cliff in a tornado.

We will be more efficient, as long as you FURLOUGH NO ONE ELSE ON THIS PROPERTY AS A CONCSQUENCE. We lost 20,000 jobs. No one else goes.

PITbull,

Go Pound Salt with a Chisle???? (LOL)......Damn I would almost pay to see that.

3 County Fairs ....2 Rodeos....and a trip to Disney behind me....and that's the damndest thing I have ever heard in my life.

BTW....I will be sending you a laundry bill tuesday morning !!!

TO: 700UW and delldude....gee guys, give me a hug, I really feel like I need one. I mean I am beat up, down and out and you are picking on me....I thought we were amigos!

Uinvester, when the fire is turned up and everyone is frazzled you make an appearance and stoke the fire with your asinine remarks which are always the same. Management is God and labor is the devil, let management walk all over labor no matter the cost or damage is causes because management is always right. We all should be glad we even have such great leadership. My comment to your remarks which you made a year ago when the pressure was on, go pound about two tons of salt, your remarks would be ok if Genghis Khan and not Dave Siegel were running the show.

Like I said on my last post that will not after all be my last post, since people like Uinvester make appearances and stick in my craw, I don't have the answers to all of the woes we face, but I do know that a poster like Uinvester left unchecked is like cancer so I am injecting a little chemotherapy to help labor’s cause, the side I am on, the side that most people who work at U are on because we are the ones making it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.