DECLINE...or...RESIGN !

Aug 20, 2002
Fresh from her new victory, APFA President...Laura GLADING is LEADING the effort to "open the eyes of AA sr. Management" by distributing badges to all "19,000" AA F/a's.

For the next 2 weeks, the badge will read.."DECLINE", (meaning decline PUP's)

After april 15, the badge(worn just below the F/A's ID) will be flipped over, to read...."RESIGN"(suggesting that if management doesnt DECLINE the PUP's, that Union negotiations will be VERY NASTY.)

NO ONE can make Management "Do the RIGHT thing", given the Financial state of the Industry, but Ms. Glading is to be commended for showing "LEADERSHIP", .....something SEVERELY Absent by the (non-Pilots) Unions !

I understand Ms. Glading is a NY based F/A. :up: :up:

Yes.. Kudos to Laura and the new National Officers for coming out of the gate with this effective membership action.
I am optimistic that we will see more of the like from this group. Laura will prove that she is no "lackey" when it comes to dealing with AA. She will prove to be trustworthy, intelligent, credible, savvy and will lead APFA well through what will certainly be challenging times.

I have, and hope all others can lay down there political swords and power up for the fight of our lives..

DECLINE OR RESIGN-YES

Please, the board of directors votes on the bonuses.....have them resign.

And enough with the stupid bag tags.....get in the board room and start negotiating!!!!!!

Please, the board of directors votes on the bonuses.....have them resign.

And enough with the stupid bag tags.....get in the board room and start negotiating!!!!!!

Actually, you bring up a good point. All of the unions should have made a seat on the Board a condition of the 2003 concessions. Everyone should own at least one voting stock. It is inexpensive enough for all to own at least one share. Don't discount the bagtags. The flying public does see them. And a tag should be sent to each Board member.

After april 15, the badge(worn just below the F/A's ID) will be flipped over, to read...."RESIGN"(suggesting that if management doesnt DECLINE the PUP's, that Union negotiations will be VERY NASTY.)
I hear the twu is going to start a simliar effort, our badges will be a strike snake on the one side and a white flag on the other. <_<

Setting aside whether the scenario is realistic, what would happen if management DID decline the PUP this year? What would the reaction from the FAs be?

Yeah right...they'd just find something else to complain about. Get what you want and see if you can get more...

I hear the twu is going to start a simliar effort, our badges will be a strike snake on the one side and a white flag on the other. <_<

Is the snake side to be worn hidden at all times (just there for wishful thinking) and the white flag only showing?

Setting aside whether the scenario is realistic, what would happen if management DID decline the PUP this year? What would the reaction from the FAs be?

My first reaction would be to call the Pope to ask if hell had frozen over.

Anyone here ever tried to get a hog away from a trough?

Given these facts: AA senior management, in all its wisdom from the Marie Antoinette school of management, has decided that they will NOT do the right thing and pay protect Flight Attendants and Pilots for the S80 fiasco. That means that all involved, including the geniuses who caused the whole thing, all get paid while the FAs are told to use their hard earned, reduced accrued due to the Restructuring of this airline which was also needed due to management, vacation days from next year to pay for the lost trips due to the cancellations. We tried to make up the time but due to the cancellations, there was no time to make up!
A NEW LOW for Senior management.
AND...those members of management who did all this, ruined passengers' spring breaks, took money out of our paychecks, etc., are about to reward themselves for a perceived job well done. What the hell is wrong with this picture?
I lose $800 in pay and they get millions???? I can't pay my mortgage this month without going into what savings I have left and they get to upgrade there country club memeberships???
Marie, you got nothin' on these guys!

Given these facts: AA senior management, in all its wisdom from the Marie Antoinette school of management, has decided that they will NOT do the right thing and pay protect Flight Attendants and Pilots for the S80 fiasco. That means that all involved, including the geniuses who caused the whole thing, all get paid while the FAs are told to use their hard earned, reduced accrued due to the Restructuring of this airline which was also needed due to management, vacation days from next year to pay for the lost trips due to the cancellations. We tried to make up the time but due to the cancellations, there was no time to make up!
A NEW LOW for Senior management.
AND...those members of management who did all this, ruined passengers' spring breaks, took money out of our paychecks, etc., are about to reward themselves for a perceived job well done. What the hell is wrong with this picture?
I lose $800 in pay and they get millions???? I can't pay my mortgage this month without going into what savings I have left and they get to upgrade there country club memeberships???
Marie, you got nothin' on these guys!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PISSED OFF ???....................SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE !!.................................."GOOD" !!!!

"NOW" what are YOU(and other F/A's) Gonna DO ABOUT IT ????????

WELL I'm here to tell you, of ONE WAY..........THE ONLY WAY to do Something about it.

It's called "UNITY"........................"UNITY" with a sizeable Majority of your fellow attendants.

APFA has a New leadership team, and I'm WILLING to bet, that if you guys, base by base, SHOW President Glading, that you WILL NOT take it ANY MORE, that she will be able to organize you all for a STRIKE(if necessary) against AA.

What I'm trying to say here is, that YOU GUYS/GALS "HAVE" the POWER if you all stick together !!

It's really very simple math. Minus the guaranteed DFW SCABS, combine the DFW f/a's that will WALK(GOD BLESS THEM), couple them with a Majority from all the other bases, you will then have the tools necessary to force AA to STOP screwing($$$) you guys around !!!

It's NOT rocket science !

Back