Delta is flying from JFK to Sao Paulo

does the fact that you just took a pay cut color your outlook at all? Maybe your morale is at an all-time low but I can tell that many DL employees are coping with the changes and adapting to the new environment. If other carriers are any indication, it will take another year or so assuming no further cuts which I predict are unlikely unless there is a global or industry wide shock to the airlines.

actually, DL's customer service using the common metrics is mid-tier. airline service is not well-regarded, particulary at the hub and spoke airlines. I was at LAX recently in the terminal of the large legacy carrier that has operations in 3 terminals. There was a line of customers that were sent to a counter that had yet to be staffed - all of them complaining about one thing or the other and saying they would not fly U* again. Now, I've been around enough to know those kind of scenes happen elsewhere but I also mention to you that you rarely see the long lines of customers in DL concourses waiting to be rebooked you once saw now that they have their not lines to res and automated gate reader/screen project. That system is best in class. Other airlines do a better job, in-flight in my opinion but DL provides better customer service on the ground - in no small part because of all the automation they have put into the airport.

does the fact that you just took a pay cut color your outlook at all? Maybe your morale is at an all-time low but I can tell that many DL employees are coping with the changes and adapting to the new environment. If other carriers are any indication, it will take another year or so assuming no further cuts which I predict are unlikely unless there is a global or industry wide shock to the airlines.
Of course it does, and it affects all the other employee groups who took paycuts as well. So by your logic, if my outlook is "colored", then so are those of the other employee groups.
You see WT, the difference between us is that I actually work for DL. I fly the line and have more day to day contact with frontline employees than you do. I experience the morale every day I go to work. I know it is worse now than I have ever seen it. You have stated before that you do not work for DL. What are you basing your assumptions on? Your limited employee encounters? Your Wall Street Journal? I don't have any problem with your enthusiasm for DL. I wish I saw what you claim. I don't. On the subject of further cuts, it is highly likely. The pilot issue is not resolved. It has only been temporarily deferred. It is expected that the company will give a large number of furlough notices this month to the mechanic and FA groups.

luv,
I didn't say there aren't morale issues; I'm just pointing out that you are digesting a pretty significant pay cut even as you write. And yes, I would expect you do have more of an insight of what goes on behind the scenes. As a customer, I can tell you Delta people are pulling themselves together to run a fairly decent airline. I'm not saying it's perfect nor am I saying there will be no pain in the future; I am saying that I believe DL is turning the ship around much faster than alot of people realize. Granted, it had alot of turning to do but there is no doubt that DL will return to its position of being a leader in the industry in many positive dimensions.

luv,
I didn't say there aren't morale issues; I'm just pointing out that you are digesting a pretty significant pay cut even as you write. And yes, I would expect you do have more of an insight of what goes on behind the scenes. As a customer, I can tell you Delta people are pulling themselves together to run a fairly decent airline. I'm not saying it's perfect nor am I saying there will be no pain in the future; I am saying that I believe DL is turning the ship around much faster than alot of people realize. Granted, it had alot of turning to do but there is no doubt that DL will return to its position of being a leader in the industry in many positive dimensions.

Fair enough. I for one, certainly hope your prognosis is correct.

And I thank you for all you have done and will do to make my preferred airline all that it is and will become.

Fair enough. I for one, certainly hope your prognosis is correct.I agree with WT. BK has been hard on all of us, but the last two trips I flew were some of the best crews that I have flown with in a long time. My hope is that the people who wanted to leave(with the programs that were offered) have left.

Latest posts