Delta opens seven new ramp stations?

REPUS

Apr 27, 2006
So Delta says that they have open 7 new ramp Stations " In an effort to prevent involuntary furloughs in the challenging economic environment," Can this really help Delta save money. wont they have to pay higher wages to Mainline employees?

Fort Myers, Fla., was the first to open on July 13 with 44 new ramp employees. Dallas-Fort Worth and Chicago-O’Hare followed the next week. Phoenix, Las Vegas, San Francisco, and Portland, Ore., all followed shortly thereafter.

Any one know who operated the mentioned above station?

They have also stated "Delta will postpone opening the remaining 13 stations until or unless sufficient interest is expressed, said Gil West, s.v.p.-Airport Customer Service."

What are the Other stations that they are postponing?

I worked at one of the stations that are mentioned above but remain on furlough. What would you like to know... that the Delta agents are working "Delta" flights and separately the NW agents are working "NW" flights with Delta livery....

REPUS,

My first suspicion would be, that DL is channeling a Msg. to the NW rampers there to vote NO on Union Representation, in exchange for not "Farming out" those stations to the likes of DGS.
ORD is NOT a big NW station, and from what I understand, PDX is "no longer" as well.

Your thoughts on this KEV 3188.

REPUS,

My first suspicion would be, that DL is channeling a Msg. to the NW rampers there to vote NO on Union Representation, in exchange for not "Farming out" those stations to the likes of DGS.
ORD is NOT a big NW station, and from what I understand, PDX is "no longer" as well.

Who knows what DL's motivation(s) could be? For the record, I'm happy that DL's bringing stations back inhouse, but find myself waiting for the other shoe to drop. 9 is a great start (I'm counting the announcement that BWI & IAD will reopen); now keep going...

ORD will be losing the freighter operation, but is still relatively big with ~20 M/L flights daily.

PDX, on the other hand is getting destroyed. Effective on the 1st, they're down to 5 flights daily (4 MSP & 1 HNL), with only 1 RON.

REPUS,

The message has been lost in translation. With the loss of work and jobs in stations across the system, the message sounds more and more like "your days are numbered".

Who knows what DL's motivation(s) could be? For the record, I'm happy that DL's bringing stations back inhouse, but find myself waiting for the other shoe to drop. 9 is a great start (I'm counting the announcement that BWI & IAD will reopen); now keep going...

ORD will be losing the freighter operation, but is still relatively big with ~20 M/L flights daily.

PDX, on the other hand is getting destroyed. Effective on the 1st, they're down to 5 flights daily (4 MSP & 1 HNL), with only 1 RON.

ay kev tell me what do you get when you read the memo from anderson and ed bastian about “Managing General and Administrative Costsâ€￾ on Aug 6, 2009 and the memo on Aug 28, 2009 about “Delta opens seven new ramp stationsâ€￾. Keep frontline in mind when reading

Working--

Every memo they issue seems to be about managing expectations, while reinforcing the "I'm-just-lucky-to-have-a-job" mindset....

Heck, even Delta Daily *always* has at least one doom and gloom story in it.

P.S. Since upper management is so hell bent on trumpeting these 7 new stations, maybe they should give equal time to all the furloughs happening elsewhere. Just sayin'...

Working--

Every memo they issue seems to be about managing expectations, while reinforcing the "I'm-just-lucky-to-have-a-job" mindset....

Heck, even Delta Daily *always* has at least one doom and gloom story in it.

P.S. Since upper management is so hell bent on trumpeting these 7 new stations, maybe they should give equal time to all the furloughs happening elsewhere. Just sayin'...
You are right, but read again where the aug 6 memo stated "thus far" threw voluntary packages, frontline meets costs needs, but aug 28 memo stated they have to open stations to combat involuntary furloughs. Which one is it Delta?

So Delta says that they have open 7 new ramp Stations " In an effort to prevent involuntary furloughs in the challenging economic environment," Can this really help Delta save money. wont they have to pay higher wages to Mainline employees?

Fort Myers, Fla., was the first to open on July 13 with 44 new ramp employees. Dallas-Fort Worth and Chicago-O’Hare followed the next week. Phoenix, Las Vegas, San Francisco, and Portland, Ore., all followed shortly thereafter.

Any one know who operated the mentioned above station?

They have also stated "Delta will postpone opening the remaining 13 stations until or unless sufficient interest is expressed, said Gil West, s.v.p.-Airport Customer Service."

What are the Other stations that they are postponing?
can anyone post a complete list of dal stations?

In addition to the 7 newly opened:

1.ATL
2.SLC
3.LAX
4.HNL
5.JFK
6.MSY
7.EWR
8.LGA
9.CVG
10.DCA
11.TPA
12.FLL
13.MCO

I think I'm missing at least 1...

BWI & IAD are allegedly being opened up as part of/fallout from the LGA/DCA slot swap with US as well...

In addition to the 7 newly opened:

1.ATL
2.SLC
3.LAX
4.HNL
5.JFK
6.MSY
7.EWR
8.LGA
9.CVG
10.DCA
11.TPA
12.FLL
13.MCO

I think I'm missing at least 1...

WOW KEV, I can't believe you missed BOS :eek:

BUT good buddy, take comfort in the fact that the Great ALI, lost a fight about "ONCE" every 5 years ! :D

BWI & IAD are allegedly being opened up as part of/fallout from the LGA/DCA slot swap with US as well...

Back