Delta opens seven new ramp stations?

30 mainline and/or Compass departures per week.

They can only outsource if that number drops below 30 and stays there for 9 consecutive months.

50/50 in line stations, though many have a lot less than that. Mine is currently at ~30% PT...

75/25 in MSP & DTW

What makes you think it'll result in more closings?

...And if it were to, how is a worker at DL better off during a layoff than one at NW?

Yes it does. My list of cities earlier up the thread was a cut and paste from the CBA.

What about my Station (MIA) where we are know doing about 12 DL mainlines a DAY and 4 NW Mainline a DAY, not including 3 DL RONs.( 7 flights reduced since 01 Sept) Are we in trouble of DL Mainline workers taking this station back. This is something that worries alot of us Comair soon to be Regional Elite folks.

What about my Station (MIA) where we are know doing about 12 DL mainlines a DAY and 4 NW Mainline a DAY, not including 3 DL RONs.( 7 flights reduced since 01 Sept) Are we in trouble of DL Mainline workers taking this station back. This is something that worries alot of us Comair soon to be Regional Elite folks.

Our CBA states that for a station to reopen it needs to have 70 departures (NW or CP) a week for 9 consecutive months. Strictly on the NWA side, MIA is nowhere near that.

Assuming that the representation election is successful, and that that same language is kept, then it'd reopen. Obviously, both of those factors are big variables.

Along with that, who knows what DL might decide to do on it's own outside of the CBA on the DL side?

If you have to ask, you don't understand business. This company as well as all others during these times are into saving money any way they can. You should understand this, it is economics 101.

Answer to your second miscue. Both will be merged, if you haven't heard. Go ahead, vote union. You will see worse than the NW mechanics did. You are so easily replaced. You throw bags for christ sake, how hard would it be to replace you? A union is no protection any more. You will see.
It is quite obvious you do not have a clue as to how the collective bargaining process and contract law works. You have even less of an understanding of the Railway Labor Act and what it means to union elections and the process that takes place before, during, and after.

You continue to hold out our case (the NWA mechanics). That was a strike.

The situation taking place at the "New Delta", in a a business sense, is not even remotely close to what took place with the MCC at Northwest Airlines.

Can the ramp people be replaced? Yes.

Can you? Yes.

Can they do it now? That is a big no.

During this process they are stuck with the status-quo, unless they file for bankruptcy...again. In this climate, that would spell the end of Delta. I do not see that as an option.

You are not helping your position in this debate. You should really take the advice of 700UW and get educated on the process before it overtakes you.

Really? I think a "yes" vote will result in many closings. The pro union people should wake up. We are in a recessionary period. You are really misleading people with your statement. Workers are a dime a dozen.
Talk about waking up, I guess this recessionary period came to an abrupt end at D E L T A, now that their going to dump millions into JAL. Lose billions and what do they do, dump hundreds of millions. $$$$$$ is ALWAYS available, no problem.

But when it comes to the employees, SORRY, oil is up, swine flu, SARS, recession, LCC's, anything to block gains in pay and benefits.

PS. Didn't D E L T A make Radio Techs management so not to pay OT on your road trips. Wow, recieve a title, and make less.....No wonder your statement about "workers are a dime a dozen," typical management statement.

Back