Us Airways Brings Gofares To Its Hometown

Light Years said:
I think thats a part of the culture problem. The airline operation is run in one place, while the suits are in the palace a few states away, far away from the heart and soul of the airline, its people or its customers. I guess they like it that way, as little contact with reality as possible.

Once again, Light Years says it well. :up:

Dea

Guys-

I've never been to CCY. But I might add an observation that might be helpful.

Despite the unfortunate and misleading name, Crystal City is NOT Park Avenue. It's dreary and dull and unpleasant. It's full of boring government contractors and the oh so glamous US Patent Office. It's most distinctive feature is a McDonalds and an old Howard Johnsons. I'm sure there are high priced restaurants that fat cats go to and you can get on the metro (subway) and get to Pentagon City, which is NOT as fancy as many a suburban shopping areas.

Again, I have never seen CCY, and maybe the urinals ARE gilded in gold. But this idea that there is a huge class difference between a reasonably convenient close in suburban office district in CLT or PIT or PHL and CCY is not persuasive to me.

DC is the nations capital, but it's also just a city. Give it a rest. Don't be so insecure..... at least don't buy more insecurity than you already have.

CCY isn't in DC, like the other guy said its in VA(Arlington to be exact), I used to work there (not for U).
And HEY, us government contractors are not BORING! :D :p

RowUnderDCA said:
Again, I have never seen CCY, and maybe the urinals ARE gilded in gold. But this idea that there is a huge class difference between a reasonably convenient close in suburban office district in CLT or PIT or PHL and CCY is not persuasive to me.
Sure there is. The difference in rent alone makes it so.

ClueByFour said:
Sure there is. The difference in rent alone makes it so.
Yes, but moving 2,000 employees is not a cost US can afford right now. To move that number of employees will cost about $40-50 mil.

Saw how they glowed about giving away doughnuts, hot dogs, and ice cream to passers by on the street....

How shallow is the thinking that your really gonna get a "loyal customer" by bribing him with an ice cream cone...

Sounds to me like an "ego" trip by the sales staff in Crystal City....(Moe, Larry, & Curly.......)

They are the same idiots that are getting bonuses and pay raises, while the workers are getting the shaft...

I would like to see the bill for all the food they are giving away,.... yet try to get anything more than small, brown, stale, square pretzels on most flights.....Not to mention your small plastic cup of Diet Coke, that is 3/4 full of ice...and you get about 3 sips of soda and the glass is empty.....

"Go-Fares" are they offered by Greyhound Bus Lines commercials, to see America.......lol

USA320Pilot said:
This news will permit US Airways to maintain its customer base and may even stimulate more traffic. The downside? DCA employees will have to work harder and US Airways will lose more money with some of its revenue premium gone...again.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
And of course it will be the frontline employees making up for this loss - again.

More Facts and Less Emotion said:
A rather silly debate I guess, but I had never thought about it until I saw this post. I would say US Airways should try to be everyone on the East Coast's "Hometown Airline".
Actually, a rather good debate. Perhaps, US could look into that being their new slogan and marketing strategy.

"US - your hometown carrier. Why fly others when home is where the heart is?"