Delta Precancels Flights

DLFlyer31 said:
You've got it backwards. AA removed the flights in advance...in some cases up to a month in advance. DL is the one removing the flights all of the sudden.

I'm not anti-DL. I've just watched this company make lots of boneheaded decisions (like this one) and seen them repeatedly blow up in managements face. There's a reason why DL is buried in debt and in bankruptcy.
[post="309750"][/post]​

Just curious as to who you work for DLFlyer, and if its not DL, why the DL handle?

jimntx said:
-First off, I have worked one of those "dog" flights on more than one occasion. Now, maybe it was badly scheduled, or maybe it wasn't needed, but it is a 757 route that I NEVER saw more than 70 passengers on. They still fly the 75 between those ttwo stations, but it goes at an earlier hour and RONs a little longer at the destination.

And, how can announcing a cut a month in advance be more of a burden than cancelling 48 hours in advance? That's got to be one of the dumber statements ever posted on this board.

I guess DL is in bankruptcy because they always have and always will run the perfect, flawless, mistake-free airline.
[post="309764"][/post]​

Every dog has its day and despite your extensive knowledge that these dog flights "always" go out quite empty, there are times that it will not. That is a fact for every dog flight (except for flights like the 2am PHX-DFW flight that AA used to fly.)

All I'm saying is that the situations aren't that different b/c DL is cancelling flights that are completely or nearly empty...not flights that affect many pax. In fact, it is a wiser financial decision b/c DL still has the option to fly these planes if there are many people on them where AA can lose out on revenue if there is a peak day. Even if a few pax are peeved, we have all seen that there is no loyalty anymore other than to the lowest fare or best schedule. DL will not chase away their "pissed" pax for very long. So...cutting a flight in advance that could have had a decent load vs. cancelling a nearly empty plane and putting those pax on a flight an hour before or after (thereby eliminating a huge loss on the xl'd flight and making the nearby flights more profitable...i.e. network optimization) is the situation I see. We are both going to opposite extremes, but I have to go to this end to balance out your completely slanted viewpoints. At least I can recognize that the reality lies somewhere in the middle.

And when did I ever say that DL doesn't make mistakes? Never did. DL is in BK b/c of several forces, internal and external, and much of the internal damage was done with past leadership...not the current.

And sorry for my stupidity. You have really shown me the light. All hail American Airlines!! :rolleyes: