Delta's creditors support independent plan

It is now safe to say the fat lady has sung for US Airways. Doogie won't be coming up with any more money for the deal, according to him, they're OVERPAYING for Delta as it is. My guess is Chase Bank has told Doogie to look elsewhere.

Does this mean that the Big D is all in the clear from other potential suitors? Not likely, but it all but ends Doogie's CHANCES.

GAME, SET, MATCH

Grinstein-1
Parker-0 :lol:

http://money.cnn.com/2006/12/20/news/compa...rce=yahoo_quote

As I have said here before, it's all about the creditors. US is not "part of the process."

The beauty of this is that DL would probably not have filed the plan if they did not have the support of the creditors committee. Unless the committee shoots/votes the POR down, DL will emerge independently.
The headline doesn't match the article. THe headline states the creditors support the plan ..the article simply states they support the FILING of the plan. Of course they support the filing of the plan ..that just gives them more options.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/12/20/news/compa...rce=yahoo_quote

As I have said here before, it's all about the creditors. US is not "part of the process."

The beauty of this is that DL would probably not have filed the plan if they did not have the support of the creditors committee. Unless the committee shoots/votes the POR down, DL will emerge independently.

Nice spin Clue...if you read it carefully, all it said was that the committee supported DAL for filing the plan. It really didn't say...WE SUPPORT IT. It said they would CONTINUE to look for alternative plans to play the creditors. Nice spin though. I know you want nothing but the worst for LCC looking back at all you posts...and thats fine. Like I said yesterday...You haven't heard the last from the "Sand Castle" by know means!!!

Sorry rjh...I agreed with you, you were just quicker while I was typeing!!

you delta guys need to read things before posting . i know that you do not want this to go through but please post the whole story. it sais that delta creditors support delta's por but are looking at other alternatives. airways is clearly not out of the question. stop making it out as if this deal is over. this deal is far from over.

you delta guys need to read things before posting . i know that you do not want this to go through but please post the whole story. it sais that delta creditors support delta's por but are looking at other alternatives. airways is clearly not out of the question. stop making it out as if this deal is over. this deal is far from over.

Amen!!

:up: dougie would have screwed up delta employees real bad;
he cant even deal with the IAM and CWa to give these people
a fair wage

It is now safe to say the fat lady has sung for US Airways. Doogie won't be coming up with any more money for the deal, according to him, they're OVERPAYING for Delta as it is. My guess is Chase Bank has told Doogie to look elsewhere.

Does this mean that the Big D is all in the clear from other potential suitors? Not likely, but it all but ends Doogie's CHANCES.

GAME, SET, MATCH

Grinstein-1
Parker-0 :lol:
There's always the next game for dougie, pack your #### and go!! Oh by the way we didn't want ya anyway :lol: GO DELTA RED, WHITE,and blue!!! :up: :up: GOOD JOB GRINSTIEN ;) :up: :up: :shock:

this deal is far from over.
Going to have to agree with you on this one. Although this was not a positive statement for US, it is a long way from being over.

The crow has been cooking for a while now. There are several different recipes being used. Some are so spicy, no amount of kool-aid will kill the taste. The next question is who is going to be eating it.......

Going to have to agree with you on this one. Although this was not a positive statement for US, it is a long way from being over.

The crow has been cooking for a while now. There are several different recipes being used. Some are so spicy, no amount of kool-aid will kill the taste. The next question is who is going to be eating it.......

I think it's a good bet that ClueByFour, delta777, and Baja4U will be the first one's to belly up to the crow barbeque. And sooner than they think.

I think it's a good bet that ClueByFour, delta777, and Baja4U will be the first one's to belly up to the crow barbeque. And sooner than they think.
Actually if they have to belly up, I'm quite sure that several here will insist that mine is to be an extra large bowl of the extra hot batch....... :D

Gimme a break, this hostile takeover is over. Like i said, does this mean that there won't be more potential suitors for Delta, not likely, but US Airways gave all they had and were turned down. DOOGIE COULDN'T EVEN FORCE "DUE DILIGENCE", how the hell's he gonna pull this thing of now?

If the creditors thought even for a second the US Airways plan was better, they would have forced open the books, yet it never happened.

I'll be the first to admit though, i can't figure out Doogie for the life of me. First he says he won't fight Delta Management over this deal if they don't hop on board, (they give him the one-finger salute) then one of his "handlers" comes out and says his comments were "taken out of context". Uh, yeah, ok.

Then he acts like the slick willy that he is and says the only way he can tell if Delta is worth more than the $8.4B he is offering is to look at the books. Uh, hello, that would be called due diligence, we already told your egomaniacal ass once that you'd never get a look at the books.

The plan hs been filed, the creditors are on board, and this deal never was. Quote the 777, nevermore

For US Airways sake, they'd better hope the other mergers don't indeed come to fruition and Delta joins the dance with somebody as well. Wouldn't that be turnabout huh? Doogie figures he'll start the whole industry consolidation thingy, only to find out he's left without a dance partner, liquidation here we come!!!

Delta Creditors Committee Says It Will Weigh Options on Delta's Fate

See Story

US Airways Issues Response Regarding Delta's Creditor's Committee Statement

TEMPE (theHub.com) - US Airways Group, Inc. today issued the following response to a statement from Delta’s Creditors’ Committee regarding the filing of Delta’s Plan of Reorganization.

“As expected, the Committee's statement makes clear that it has not decided to endorse Delta's Plan of Reorganization and is continuing to evaluate our proposal. With the filing of Delta's Plan, the process is moving forward. We will continue to work with the Creditors' Committee as it evaluates the value created by our proposal compared with Delta's standalone plan.â€￾

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Delta Creditors Committee Says It Will Weigh Options on Delta's Fate

See Story

US Airways Issues Response Regarding Delta's Creditor's Committee Statement

TEMPE (theHub.com) - US Airways Group, Inc. today issued the following response to a statement from Delta’s Creditors’ Committee regarding the filing of Delta’s Plan of Reorganization.

“As expected, the Committee's statement makes clear that it has not decided to endorse Delta's Plan of Reorganization and is continuing to evaluate our proposal. With the filing of Delta's Plan, the process is moving forward. We will continue to work with the Creditors' Committee as it evaluates the value created by our proposal compared with Delta's standalone plan.â€￾

Regards,

USA320Pilot
Hey B.O.B

I've said from the beginning that one of the main reasons doogie continued to press the takeover was he wanted to see the books and that he knows this takeover would never happen. Well guess what, I don't think he is going to get to look at the books for his requested "due diligence". It appears that on this score YOU ARE WRONG again.

I'm sure this comes as a SURPRISE to all your fans.

Latest posts