DEMOCRATS NEVER LOSE AN OPPORTUNITY

Haven't run into anyone with a boom box on a train since the iPod was invented.
Of course not. I know that.

That was a "euphemism" if you will about the inconsiderate people you have to deal with on public transportation.

You say the trains are clean? Meh..... having worked at a maintenance base for a public travel medium (in this case aircraft) I rather doubt it. People said the jets were "clean" when they left Tulsa but, were they really?

At the end of the day you are still talking about putting large amounts of people in a confined space.

Deducing what I can about your personality from the post you have made on here eolesen (highly intelligent, ordered, logical, a bit arrogant) I think I can safely say your personal vehicle is 10X cleaner than any public transport you have ever used.

For the posters on this thread if you value public transportation that is fine. However it seems to me the people trying to sell you on it don't use it themselves. We had a politician here in Oklahoma basically tell us the reason our roads are so terrible is because we don't embrace public transportation and multifamily dwellings (apparently single family homes are too good for us and we should all live in apartments and the Oklahoma government would NEVER misappropriate funds ). Sounds hypocritical coming from someone living in a mansion and getting drove around in a limo all the time.

So my question is why would you expect me, a person from Oklahoma, to forgo my personal vehicle in favor of public transportation and give up the privacy and security of my home to live in an apartment complex when you know damn well the politician trying to sell it to the people in my community is not willing to live that way?

I don't like public transportation, and yes I have used it in both Atlanta and Chicago, and I don't like the government trying to push me in that direction.

Again if you value public transportation that is fine however, I just don't see how you can justify making the tax payers subsidize a private company. It seems a bit hypocritical to me to hammer Walmart (who we all know uses the welfare system to subsidize labor cost) but give Amtrak a free pass. Why? Is it because Amtrak is UNIONized? Do you feel they have a better public perception? Can anybody answer me why Walmart and Amtrak are held to such different standards when they are both basically pulling the same scam on the taxpayers?

Last edited:
Be careful arguing the economics Amtrak and making the assumptions on where they get a free pass and where they don't.

If you cut out the long distance corridors, Amtrak becomes profitable without needing any Federal subsidies. But it's not the unions who are lobbying to keep the long distance networks -- it's Congress.

Many those places served by the long distance corridors in-between the major cities are too small for air service and some are not necessarily near an interstate, and the remaining bus companies pretty much stick to the interstates now. Kill Amtrak, and they're cut off entirely except for driving a rental car.

Be careful arguing the economics Amtrak and making the assumptions on where they get a free pass and where they don't.

If you cut out the long distance corridors, Amtrak becomes profitable without needing any Federal subsidies. But it's not the unions who are lobbying to keep the long distance networks -- it's Congress.

Many those places served by the long distance corridors in-between the major cities are too small for air service and some are not necessarily near an interstate, and the remaining bus companies pretty much stick to the interstates now. Kill Amtrak, and they're cut off entirely except for driving a rental car.
So do you think that justifies expecting the tax payers to subsidize the cost of a ticket? Don't you think the people using the service should pay that cost since they are the ones seeing the benefit of it?

The fact is Amtrak has no incentive to get costs under control because they EXPECT the government to cover their losses.

You know when any other business is unprofitable they either get control of their cost or they go out of business. What makes Amtrak so special they are immune to that process?

So do you think that justifies expecting the tax payers to subsidize the cost of a ticket? Don't you think the people using the service should pay that cost since they are the ones seeing the benefit of it?

The fact is Amtrak has no incentive to get costs under control because they EXPECT the government to cover their losses.

You know when any other business is unprofitable they either get control of their cost or they go out of business. What makes Amtrak so special they are immune to that process?
Well?

Yo'....Holmes.....Homie don't play dat no moe.......

Modern Brotha got special apps for He smart obama phone......Yo'...can you dig it?

https://www.lifewireless.com/
Yeah..... free.........

FREE.png

A nice example of liberal propaganda.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/washingto...cle_06f5cd14-6240-56ff-9b66-14359b0d0edb.html

Abraham and Kearney find that trade with China and the rise of robots are to blame for millions of the missing jobs.

Other popular scapegoats, such as immigration, food stamps and Obamacare, did not even move the needle

Did not even move the needle huh?

Wow.

Give this trash rag a read. It is good for a laugh.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/...cle_8eb862de-fc1a-55c3-add6-e6d24a53deaf.html

More trash.

I can pick up a local paper or go to an internet job board and find middle-skilled jobs all day long.

This article specifically states "manufacturing jobs". Go look at your average factory these days, they are filled with Chinese and Mexicans supplied from temporary services. Yet, the article from the post above states that immigration does not even "move the needle".

Journalistic integrity is dead.

Last edited:
Back