Operational Meltdown Thoughts

honestly its a shame that its has come to this. Sometimes this is what you have to do to get your point across. Protests in Washington only go so far and unnoticed.... now there is some attention.The people who work hard everyday are sick of the way that the company feels that everyone but management can be replaced. Every dept in our system is understaffed and they know it. I know many that feel the propaganda that the company feeds us has gone way too far. We all have givin up so much, and other have givin up so little.

OMG, a two-thousand word dissertation on WTF happened at US Airways over the holidays by USA320Pilot. Can't you do a Cliff's Note version for the drooling retards in CCY? Do you honestly think anyone could read this note without their eyes becoming crossed? Lastly, if you are going to write a 2138 word what-I-did-at-work-over-the-holidays "story" at least keep the fantasy elements out of it. The "we got extra revenue from the Comair computer crash" is just too damn funny. Let's face it USA320Pilot you work for a company that just defined the true meaning of the phrase "Cluster F&^k."

There is absolutely ZERO incentive NOT to burn sick time other then self-righteous bragging rights.

Why not steal catering supplies or liquor bottles as well. Or steal cash from your coworkers locker because the opportunity soon won't be there.

openview said:
Why not steal catering supplies or liquor bottles as well. Or steal cash from your coworkers locker because the opportunity soon won't be there.
[post="233322"][/post]​

If you can sleep at night and need the money that bad, knock yourself out.

Too bad your analogy is asinine.

This corporation gives you NOTHING and what little employees do have is and was EARNED. To say they are not entitled to something earned is legalism, nothing more and simply self-righteous. Sick days earned and not used does not assure ones salvation. Go ahead and give them your soul if you like, but don't tell others to do the same with the lie that it is immoral not to. For the definition of immoral look up CCY.

Curt__ One of the dwindling few with common sense still attached.

openview said:
[post="233322"][/post]​

Openview, that's stupid! This isn't Eastern Airlines where numerous employees acted like Vlad the Impaler sucking the company dry. The majority of the front line folks are honest, hard-working people. Still, like any big organization there are bad apples here; our problem is most of the bad apples work out of Crystal City.

700UW:

700UW said: "He surfaces from under his rock. IAM-142 M&R are awaiting a response from the company on the proposal submitted on the 16th. Lets see, 13 days later, no reply...... Hmm.... does that consititute good faith? Me thinks NOT!!!
And herr capitain is scared of the IAM wrecking is six-figure income, he is obsessed with the IAM and wants us to suffer. He is scared scared "man". Hey where is the UCT/ICT?"

USA320Pilot comments: Your comments could not be further from the truth, but what's new? The company is likely not responding to the IAM-M because the offer of the "concession stand open is now closed" and "imposition and replacement" could occur. By the way, it is now about 1-week away from Judge Mitchell's ruling and there is very little negotiating going on with the IAM. Why is that? If I were you I would be worried about your paycheck instead of mine, because the IAM's actions are going to cause you to most likely be on unemployment soon.

What's sad is that this did not have to occur, but the IAM and its malcontents did this to them self.

By the way, I understand PHL will be fixed after the IAM is dealt with next week -- you heard it here first folks.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
What's sad is that this did not have to occur, but the IAM and its malcontents did this to them self.

By the way, I understand PHL will be fixed after the IAM is dealt with next week -- you heard it here first folks.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="233374"][/post]​

malcontent:

“not satisfied or content with currently prevailing conditions or circumstancesâ€￾

Any “saneâ€￾ U employee should be happy to be this definition, it’s means they don’t need counseling.

You captain are the national laughing joke, pretty soon Jay will quote your asinine remarks. He used U’s woes before.

USA320Pilot said:
DellDude:

I have talked with many F/A's and their TA will pass and Pat Friend's comments are accurate.

It seems this week's action by IAM members who called in sick has placed the final nail in the union’s coffin. Judge Mitchell is likely going to have no sympathy for the IAM, as it’s the only union without a new agreement.

The company is not negotiating with the union for a reason. The company probably has plans to outsource maybe all heavy maintenance and probably all PHL FSA functions.

What's interesting is that this could be “turn keyâ€￾ and the IAM may have just dealt the company the cards necessary to accomplish this task. The IAM has "pizzed off" customers, management, and other employees and the union has already lost in the court of public opinion.

What's sad is that many good IAM employees will likely be hurt, but it's their union leadership that has miserably failed, just like ALPA's RC4.

I'm going to bed...good night.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="233081"][/post]​
what a true statement...

USA320Pilot said:
[post="233374"][/post]​

Any plan or threat by the company to outsource the ramp services function, particularly at the airlines' main hub, will be met harshly by the employees and the union. Furthermore, this plan would take time to implement. During that implementation time, the union and/or employees will have the ability to kill the airline, and that is quite a gamble. If it only takes 80 sick-outs to cancel flights and cause a baggage nightmare, I think the company needs to really think through any action of this type. An action of this type is likely to cause a reaction, one which may bring the company to an end. We will see if you are correct, US320Pilot.

I am not an employee of US Airways, nor a member of any union. I just call it like I see it.

funguy2 said:
"Any plan or threat by the company to outsource the ramp services function, particularly at the airlines' main hub, will be met harshly by the employees and the union. Furthermore, this plan would take time to implement. During that implementation time, the union and/or employees will have the ability to kill the airline, and that is quite a gamble. If it only takes 80 sick-outs to cancel flights and cause a baggage nightmare, I think the company needs to really think through any action of this type."

You're a smart guy funguy2

The IAM M&R will be back in Washington on Monday meeting with the company and the company has responded to the proposal.

And I Guess you still can't get it through your thick skull, if any contract is abrogated, there will be a strike by the IAM and/or AFA and the ATSB will pull the loan and the company will cease to operate. But why should I expect you to understand that concept, it does not go along with what is happening in your fantasy world that you live in.

And you also said it first that US Airways was going to buy United, that did not happen.

And you also said it first that you were quitting because Your MEC let Dave steal your pension, but alas you are still here sticking your nose in everyone else's business.

You also said six months ago the company was going to inflict the "painful" clause on the IAM.

You also said the company was going to close PIT and CLT base and move it to an undesirable location.

You also said the IAM would lose the airbus arbitration.

Gee Wrong on all accounts.

Openview, that's stupid! This isn't Eastern Airlines where numerous employees acted like Vlad the Impaler sucking the company dry. The majority of the front line folks are honest, hard-working people. Still, like any big organization there are bad apples here; our problem is most of the bad apples work out of Crystal City.

EyeInTheSky: I was of coarse being somewhat sarcastic regarding stealing. But there are more than a few bad apples and I have personal experience in seeing some of the vastness and expense caused by this. Mgmt has its faults and slackers, but it also has to manage operations while weaving through a myriad of labor rules, seldom written for efficiency.

The sick time waste is almost equal to the mount of sick time available. Some (the worst) will use every bit, while there are those (the best) that utilize very little. but the pain (cost) is spread out among the whole. And unions fight for this as one of their "Keeps" in a contract when things have to be given up? Foolish.

And now those "few bad apples" have managed to deflect millions of $dollars in potential revenue, in a very quick time, during the most critical days.

The concession stand is stupid.

700UW said:
Gee Wrong on all accounts.
[post="233405"][/post]​

But he's right about: The IAM has "pizzed off" customers, management, and other employees and the union has already lost in the court of public opinion.

Lots of good employers in PHL won't touch US employees at this point because they are some of the people that got screwed over last week. Good luck finding a job.