Dirty Aircraft

local 12 proud said:
oh really? do you work the line? a few times a year and you draw your conclusion? well for all those experts like piney bob, corl737, and of course lets not leave out wnbubbleboy i see those planes daily up close they are filthy to say the least, its also a known fact among mechanics and pilots of the notorious napkin write ups which seek to prevent logbook delays. people are willing to wallow in crap as long as they get a bargain, its proven day after day! :eek:
[post="281255"][/post]​
Is that why US vows not to be undersold?

RowUnderDCA said:
I don't have a tape measure, but I'd swear that WN's coach pitch is more generous than U's. Seat width on the Airbus's favors U.
[post="281382"][/post]​
correct on both counts

WN Pitch 32"-33" width: 17.5"
319 Pitch 32" width: 18.0"

Me thinks el gato needs to stick to what he knows. (Sorta like KC)

I've flown some WN birds that were dirty, and I'm not talking a days worth of trash. But I've never been on any carriers that were as filthy as US's were. We are talking months of filth and grime. I'm not a clean freak either, but many of these planes were an embarrassment.

Now with that said, the last two I was on were very clean. I was pleasantly surprised.

SKY HIGH said:
SKY HIGH said:
RowUnderDCA said:
El Gato...
Seat PITCH Chart:Airline Seat Guide for Airlines in the Americas

http://www.airlinequality.com/Product/seats_americas.htm
[post="281417"][/post]​

The website is for international.... I suspect it's trans atlantic. The website states

"Dimensions represent typical seat pitch offered by an airline on international flights - this may NOT be available on all of an airline's fleet of aircraft, and in some cases the dimensions shown illustrate the latest seat introductions by each airline."

Of course, what El Gato fails to reference is that you will end up on a CRJ or ERJ on U half the time.

ERJ: 31" pitch, 17.3" wide
CRJ: 31" pitch, 17.3" wide

Hey, less than WN. And no real overhead space. And so forth.

Conclusion: stick with what you know.

B)
local 12 proud said:
oh really? do you work the line? a few times a year and you draw your conclusion? well for all those experts like piney bob, corl737, and of course lets not leave out wnbubbleboy i see those planes daily up close they are filthy to say the least, its also a known fact among mechanics and pilots of the notorious napkin write ups which seek to prevent logbook delays. people are willing to wallow in crap as long as they get a bargain, its proven day after day! :eek:
[post="281255"][/post]​

OK I am back. I DO work the line every day. I was on the ramp and Cleaned the aircraft after I unloaded the baggage here in BWI. So I know the strick standards the company keeps, for example, I got written up for missing one peanut under the seats. Granted this was over 10 years ago but I haven't see or heard of the standards changing.

Say what you want about maintenance; There is No mechanic I have ever worked with here at WN and (I switched over to maintance in '95) that would dispatch an unsafe aircraft. As a stockclerk, I can tell you WN stocks several Million Dollars worth of parts here in BWI, I manage them. I see U mechanics every so often in need of parts and I am more that willing to help them. With that being said U's stock room has been essentially shut down. If I were to take your everthing applies method of deduction I would say that means we have more of a commitment to saftey here at BWI than U? I doubt that's the case though I am fairly confident that the commitment is about the same. Finally, We here at WN Stores stock MEL stickers but not paper napkins.

Alright CH12 ....Lay it on me. B)

170 Seating

Seating pitch is great on the 170, Best in the house, but we are sending these to Republic :down:

Pax might not notice it thought because it will still be flying under the UsAirways Express banner, but the new positions that will be filling these birds is a whole other story

pitguy74 said:
170 Seating

Seating pitch is great on the 170, Best in the house, but we are sending these to Republic :down:

Pax might not notice it thought because it will still be flying under the UsAirways Express banner, but the new positions that will be filling these birds is a whole other story
[post="281496"][/post]​

The 170 has the widest coach seat in the entire fleet at 18", the most legroom, the widest aisle (an inch more than the Airbus), and the most carry on space per passenger (no bar between the seats and they sit high and long enough to comfortably fit a rollaboard under the seat in front of you). There are FFs in DFW and IAH who will wait for the 170 if they can't get an upgrade on the 737.

I doubt the replacement F/As will do things like hang thier coats, comp Chairmans Preffered, and do extra services. It's still a really nice plane, but I think the crews had alot to do with it- they provided great service and kept those planes immaculate because they were really proud of it.

Back