Dith! the unions!

One may not appreciate lithuania's writing ability but you must appreciate the spirit of the message. lithuanian has been taking action in PHX and refuses to just p!ss and moan and say "woe is me". LAS needs a lithuanian but they are still waiting for Moses to return from Mt Sinai.
The Parting of Lake Mead! :lol:

i believe the point she is trying to get across is this ...

Tomrrow friday the 27th is the day the UNITED STATES BK court rules on an imporant peice of legal contention between the IAM union for fleeT/MX and the company ....

In the event the old us airways was to merge with a new company there was a clause in the IAM contract which stated that the us IAM workers would "snap back " to their old wages prior to the company going BK and imposing wage conessions ..

So seeing as us airways merged with america west airlines the snap back clause was trigged by the contract , so for instance while the east fleet workers top out at something like 19 an hour i belive the snap back wage is now 22 an hour , and that contract might also stipulate sick days and vaction return to prebankruptcy .

The problem has been however , that the company has chose not to honor the clause in the contract , the union has insisted that the company follow throu with the legal framework , but the company has not complied , causing the union to take US AIRWAYS to court ... the company and the union were suppose to sit down in arbitration and get a netrual third party to rule on if the written contract is legal and how it should be followed , but before the court date for arbitartion was to arrive the company appealed the arbitration to the bankrutpcy court that had finialized the contract , contending that the language in the contract is null ... that is what tomorrows ruling is on ...

Tomorrow the BK court will decide if the snap back clause that was in the contract is legal or not , if it IS legal then the company will have to go to arbitation to have the snap back matter finally decided ...

Althou the company is not BOUND to attend the aribtation hearing , if the company does NOT attend , then it is considered a major breach of the contract between the UNION and the company , and the union can then go to court get the company declared in breach of contract and then STRIKE... or as i like to call it , mid summer vaction hahah ...

It is my opinion that we have the company over a barrel , a strike in summer is the PERFECT time , no one wants to work outside in 100 degrees in PHX anyways same goes for LAS... Some might counter that this company could try to northwest the workers.. i counter that i highly doubt it , for several very apparent reasons.... those reasons are , their employees are basiclly nuts... i mean freaking nut jobs , no disrespect to any of you that i work with , but damn you give extreamists a bad name hahaha i think we all know what's going to go down in PHL if there's a stike , anyone who tries to cross the line will proably be uh.... i don't know use your imgination , those people are freaking more insane than we are , i have no doubt in my mind that if the company tired to northwest those guys , they would destory the fleet .... i mean really does anyone think they WOULDN'T? i'm not making bravdo or threats here , i'm just stating what i personally think would go down ...
The only way the company can win in my mind is in court .. if they win tomorrow then i think it's game over unil 09 , same goes for if they show for major arbitration ...

I urge everyone to show restraint .. let us wait until the courts rule before any of you go all crazy OK ? i'm not saying small work actions are bad , i'm just saying , everyone stay sane and legal ok ... peace !

i believe the point she is trying to get across is this ...

Tomrrow friday the 27th is the day the UNITED STATES BK court rules on an imporant peice of legal contention between the IAM union for fleeT/MX and the company ....

In the event the old us airways was to merge with a new company there was a clause in the IAM contract which stated that the us IAM workers would "snap back " to their old wages prior to the company going BK and imposing wage conessions ..

So seeing as us airways merged with america west airlines the snap back clause was trigged by the contract , so for instance while the east fleet workers top out at something like 19 an hour i belive the snap back wage is now 22 an hour , and that contract might also stipulate sick days and vaction return to prebankruptcy .

The problem has been however , that the company has chose not to honor the clause in the contract , the union has insisted that the company follow throu with the legal framework , but the company has not complied , causing the union to take US AIRWAYS to court ... the company and the union were suppose to sit down in arbitration and get a netrual third party to rule on if the written contract is legal and how it should be followed , but before the court date for arbitartion was to arrive the company appealed the arbitration to the bankrutpcy court that had finialized the contract , contending that the language in the contract is null ... that is what tomorrows ruling is on ...

Tomorrow the BK court will decide if the snap back clause that was in the contract is legal or not , if it IS legal then the company will have to go to arbitation to have the snap back matter finally decided ...

Althou the company is not BOUND to attend the aribtation hearing , if the company does NOT attend , then it is considered a major breach of the contract between the UNION and the company , and the union can then go to court get the company declared in breach of contract and then STRIKE... or as i like to call it , mid summer vaction hahah ...

It is my opinion that we have the company over a barrel , a strike in summer is the PERFECT time , no one wants to work outside in 100 degrees in PHX anyways same goes for LAS... Some might counter that this company could try to northwest the workers.. i counter that i highly doubt it , for several very apparent reasons.... those reasons are , their employees are basiclly nuts... i mean freaking nut jobs , no disrespect to any of you that i work with , but damn you give extreamists a bad name hahaha i think we all know what's going to go down in PHL if there's a stike , anyone who tries to cross the line will proably be uh.... i don't know use your imgination , those people are freaking more insane than we are , i have no doubt in my mind that if the company tired to northwest those guys , they would destory the fleet .... i mean really does anyone think they WOULDN'T? i'm not making bravdo or threats here , i'm just stating what i personally think would go down ...
The only way the company can win in my mind is in court .. if they win tomorrow then i think it's game over unil 09 , same goes for if they show for major arbitration ...

I urge everyone to show restraint .. let us wait until the courts rule before any of you go all crazy OK ? i'm not saying small work actions are bad , i'm just saying , everyone stay sane and legal ok ... peace !

Thanks for the clarification and please keep us posted on what happens. I'll be pulling for you guys! :up:

I wonder if the word will be out today.I hope so this is dragggging out.Anchors making ruts in the desert sand. :down: :down: :down:

Yes, Virginia! There is a Santa Claus. And maybe a Judge Lee in Virginia that still believes in people not just lawyers. It has been decided the Arbitration will go forward, and never to go back to Bandruptcy court. The company will deal with Fleet and Mechanics unions 141,142 IAM, respectfully. We have won an oportunity to retain contract language in place since IAM wrote in Snapback, and Change of Control. What it means to the East fleet is Immense. To the West AWA employees of fleet and mechanics will wait to be seen with new contracts. When that will be depends on the speed of the Arbitrator to be set shortly.

Latest posts