Dja Notice

Anyone who believes that CO's couple of RJ's to/from IAH constitute meaningful competition is drinking Wild Turkey flavored Koolaid by the gallon.

Anybody that believes that DAL-AMA/OKC/etc constitutes meaningful competition to DFW-LAX/ORD/etc is smoking Amon Carter tobaccy.

I merely stated that it is incorrect to state that WN has 100% of DAL traffic when they do face hourly (not just a "couple" service to the biggest city served from DAL...Houston.) And to dismiss AMR's 84% stranglehold on DFW is pretty reckless. I hardly think that a 93% share at DAL to VERY SMALL (outside of SAT and HOU) markets is very comparable to an 84% share at the goliath just down the road. Do you?

I merely bring facts into this fantasy-filled debate and wish to quell the inaccuracies that continue to be presented. I think that hourly service to Houston is pretty significant competition...especially when that is the main city out of DAL.

I merely bring facts into this fantasy-filled debate and wish to quell the inaccuracies that continue to be presented. I think that hourly service to Houston is pretty significant competition...especially when that is the main city out of DAL.
Oh, yes. I'm sure that Colleen can't sleep at night thinking about that competition.

Let's see...

11 RJs with 53 seats to an airport 20 miles from the downtown area vs. 31 737s to an airport less than 5 miles from downtown. Oh my, how has SWA managed to stay in business? I'm surprised they haven't just ceded that market to CO. The stockholders should dump Colleen for reckless wasting of company resources.

Oh, yes. I'm sure that Colleen can't sleep at night thinking about that competition.

Let's see...

11 RJs with 53 seats to an airport 20 miles from the downtown area vs. 31 737s to an airport less than 5 miles from downtown. Oh my, how has SWA managed to stay in business? I'm surprised they haven't just ceded that market to CO. The stockholders should dump Colleen for reckless wasting of company resources.

Crimeny, Jim!! You tell me that WN has 100% of the flights out of DAL and you get your panties in a wad when I tell you that is not the case! Give it up. The sky is blue, WN faces competition out of DAL, WN serves no real markets (aside from HOU and SAT, but given the other choices in the whole US, that is pretty minor), and AA has a virtual monopoly (84% of DFW traffic constitutes at least an oligopoly which is really no better than a monopoly) out of DFW. Stop making up tits for tats to argue about and realize what we are talking about here. Keeping things in context really helps.

Latest posts