DL expands SEA further with SEA-SFO flights

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Banned
what are your questions related to the topic, Kev?

Forgive me and the rest of us if they have been lost in the trash.

We don't care about the rest.

If you are asking about "extractions" the contract has termination penalties. AS said that much in their earnings conference call which I pointed you to quite some time ago. Did you read the transcript?

If AS could get out of the contract, they undoubtedly would have.

The reason why "AS is being bossed around by a bigger carrier" as you put it is because there is a contract that requires each carrier to provide a minimum amount of connections on each side.
Per AS, the contract is a long-term contract with minimum performance clauses.

DL didn't sign a contract with AS in order to beef up its presence on the entire west coast even though that is also part of the agreement. DL was specifically interested in AS' feed at SEA. And whether DL wanted to do it originally, DL decided it can provide its own feed for a whole lot less than AS' $5B market value or the apparently minimal availability that AS is giving DL unless DL is willing to pay AS' much higher fare levels.

DL will have its feed at SEA whether AS provides it or not. Since DL has made the decision to add the largest domestic feeder flights on its own, then AS now has a competitor but they also have a contract they have to honor which either requires them to deliver the connections DL needs to the smaller cities on AS' network or pay a penalty. It is very possible that DL's new flights will move more and more connections onto DL or DCI coded flights and cause AS to no longer meet the minimum number of connections they have to deliver to DL, and then DL is able to force them to pay the termination fee.

Help me understand how AS wins in this or any other scenario.

Or speaking in third party and making threats.

Who died and and left you in charge of who is allowed to post and who isn't allowed to post.

• Banned
the topic is DL's buildup in SEA.

We don't care about the rest and the moderators have made it clear they will "terminate computer privileges" of those who can't stay on topic and refrain from personal attacks on other users.

What are your thoughts on DL's SEA buildup?

WorldTraveler said:
Focus on the topic at hand or YOU will be thrown off the forum.

We are not going to lock threads every time the three of you decide to show up and hijack it in personal attacks on other users.

Stay on task with the topic or get off the board.

I didn't know this 'world traveler' is a moderator on this forum???

Sounds like (s)he is about to send you to the proverbial 'cornfield'.

I thought he/she is a delta airline marketing spammer? 

As for SEA, I really don't see delta making it big there. It will be interesting to see if they ask the city for $$$ to build it up.

does dl plan on buildin sea in terms of say how they used to have dfw back in the 90s and 80s?    what is dl plan on the max nbr of flights they intend to have out of sea

• Banned
I am clearly not privy to that information, robbed.

It should be clear that DL wants to ensure that it can sufficiently feed its int'l operations.

No airport is going to turn away an airline that is willing to build up the airport. Even though SEA might have gate limitations now, the airport will work hard to find new space because airports want as many flights as possible... that is what airports do. DL clearly hasn't reached the limits of its facilities yet, presumably because they have people scavenging SEA for any possibility of picking up a gate to use here or there for an hour or two.
SEA will never be a large domestic connecting hub for DL. It is on the coast and in the corner of the US, not an ideal place for a domestic connecting hub. SEA does have a lot of potential to feed int'l flights and also has a decent local market. DL will be more than happy to go after those two with whatever domestic connecting traffic it can get its hands on to support the largest feed for its int'l ops.

There are still several key int'l feed markets in the west that DL hasn't tapped yet so they might come next if this situation isn't resolved... but I doubt that will happen since it hasn't happened yet.

WorldTraveler said:
You can't discuss the real issues so you and E and Kev turn to character assassination. that is all you know how to do.
It's not character assassination to point out someone's actions, especially when you've admitted to them.

It is character assassination to insinuate that my customers receive less than excellent service, however.

You have no idea what I do for a living, and can't speak to what value added services I provide for a client.

Frankly, what I or anyone else does in private is none of your business.

You've made that abundantly clear about your private life, no? Or would you prefer to have people know what you do for a living, and have people make their own judgements about the duplicity of your behavior here and that of your private life?...

As for discussing the topic.... There's no point discussing anything with a sychophant.

The moment you play the "I'm smarter than you are" card, there is no more discussion. It's just forum diarrhea from that point.

Go ahead, Skippy. Kick us off the forums. Can't wait for that.

• Banned
if you have nothing to discuss about the topic, then why are you participating?
Don't throw around psycho-babble while engaging in the most deviant behavior on perhaps any aviation chat forum.

You can't participate in the topic because you don't have the knowledge to do so. And if you can't participate, then walk away. We don't need to hear from you if the topic is over your head.

By not participating in the topic and turning to childish sideshows, you confirm exactly what I have said all along about your inability to engage the real topics.

If you just walked away and said nothing, no one would know any differently.

The topic is DL's buildup of SEA.

Participate or be kicked off the forum.

Be careful Mr. Oleson.

This world traveler is a moderator and has told many people here already that they will be kicked off this forum. He has locked many of the threads he was active in already.

• Banned
the topic is DL's SEA buildup, Kev.

We're waiting on your game theory about how the AS-DL contest will play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back