Western US hub strategies for all carriers, including DL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Translation - we are not moving from Tax avoidance to profit sharing
tramslation: AA doesn't have to account for taxes and didn't pay profit sharing.

DL's GROSS profit margin was higher.

WorldTraveler said:
tramslation: AA doesn't have to account for taxes and didn't pay profit sharing.

DL's GROSS profit margin was higher.
 Once again you don't know what you are talking about

AA has fully ACCOUNTED for taxes - you can see it in the financial statements.  I realize you don't understand accounting - they accounted for the taxes they owed and paid them - they also accounted for profit sharing it just happens to be zero on the AA financial statements.

So are you now saying DL is not accounting for taxes at Trainer?  Let's see they paid for the facility and taking depreciation - should DL stop taking depreciation - are you saying DL is also not accounting for taxes on the refinery purchase

Or are you saying you are just making stuff up now

Lets see DL operating margin was down 47% last quarter - let's see how the next quarter plays out

Reactions: 1 person
holy cow you are dense.

no one said that AA is not accounting for taxes.

They just happen to have tax credits that eliminate the need to account for the level of profits that DL has accrued.

DL's GROSS profit margin was higher than AA's and UA's. Their tax accounting and profit margin resulted in a lower net profit margin.

but, hey, what do I know. here's a case for why DL is the best airline stock out there.
http://seekingalpha.com/article/2767905-why-delta-air-lines-is-the-best-airline-stock?uide=7197781&uprof=45

and which also explains why DL has the highest market capitalization in the western world.

WorldTraveler said:
oh, please.

AA didn't account for taxes because it doesn't have to at this point.

Nothing is wrong with that.

However, in your joy to tout that AA had a higher gross margin, you fail to accept that AA's tax rate is lower because they didn't account for taxes or pay profit sharing.

It is legal for them to do that... but DL and WN's financial results reflect those realities.

Holy cow you have no clue what you write - you are so dense it's not even funny - you can't keep up with your spin

Look at the second sentence in your post in this thread - it's sad we have to keep pointing out what you write as you can't remember what you said just a couple posts back - you accuse AA of not accounting for taxes - you used the word "account" - obviously you have no idea what that word means otherwise you would not have used it

It is accounted for in their financial statements you just happen to not like that AA has an advantage of DL when it comes to taxes

no, AA has tax losses which allow it to offset its tax burden. It is function of where AA is in relation to BK - DL is simply much further down the road.

again, DL had a higher gross margin.

AA didn't pay profit sharing,

Add in taxes and profit sharing and DL's margin reflects its position as a longer term sustainably profitable company.

So what you are saying is AA has the advantage over DL because is has tax loss carryforwards (that is another accounting term you might not be familiar with) due to BK

Great - glad you are able to come to terms with that

Again, DL drove down operating margin by 47% and has fuel hedging losses this quarter, etc

I guess what you are saying in your last sentence is AA will go to chapter 7 because it's not paying profit sharing - I guess you better alert the courts that almost 95% of the companies in America don't pay profit sharing so the courts are going to be busy with all the companies liquidating because they don't pay profit sharing

How many companies that pay profit sharing have filed for bankrupcy?

yes, and DL had an advantage over AA when DL was fresh out of BK and AA was not in.

you do recall those discussions, don't you?

DL pays profit sharing BECAUSE it did its work in BK.

where you ever came up with the notion that AA will liquidate because they aren't paying profit sharing is beyond me - but I certainly didn't say.

sorry for your sense of interpretation.

Status
Not open for further replies.