DL pulling back JFK-SEA BE service?

WT you brought up booking codes-not me. Bottom line is DL is marketing a service they aren't delivering. Offering BE to SEA was silly from the start and DL is realizing it hasn't worked out for them but are yet to reinstate medallion UGs in that market. Hope you and other nonrevs are enjoying it up there.

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
Now we get to the heart of the matter.

It isn’t DL that has a problem because if it did, you would be able to provide evidence that DL is promising what it isn’t delivering.
Quite simply, DL is selling what it is delivering.
Your problem is the same as in the JFK transcons, about which you have written many times that DL will not allow upgrades.
Let’s frame your complaint in that issue.
DL is selling seats on the transcons including with the upgrades it requires to not have to give away seats with the same types of upgrades it offers on other routes or that other carriers give away.
Let’s be clear that your complaint is that you can’t get what you want for the price you are willing to pay (which is well below the market price) and nothing more.

Nope never flown DL JFK-SEA, last Novemeber I did and I flew AA I would sooner fly AA or AS from EWR. DL is NOT delivering a full BE service lie-flat or not. That's the bottom line here.

Btw your $50/year for travel on DL is far, far below market value. Seriously?

Josh

If you aren’t a DL customer and never will be, what’s the point?

AA doesn’t operate an int’l configured aircraft on JFK-SEA, do they? If not, then how can you say that they deliver a better product? And if they do,

You do realize that this is one of a number of JFK transcon markets where DL has a higher average fare, don’t you?
Fares are increasingly at a fairly rapid rate thruout the domestic market including the transcon markets.
The evidence is simply not there. The domestic market is seeing strong RASM growth – and many transcon markets are growing faster than the average as a whole.

IF DL or any other carrier was pricing more than the market was willing to be bear, the evidence would be easy to see.

C
WorldTraveler said:
If you aren’t a DL customer and never will be, what’s the point?AA doesn’t operate an int’l configured aircraft on JFK-SEA, do they? If not, then how can you say that they deliver a better product? And if they do,You do realize that this is one of a number of JFK transcon markets where DL has a higher average fare, don’t you?Fares are increasingly at a fairly rapid rate thruout the domestic market including the transcon markets.The evidence is simply not there. The domestic market is seeing strong RASM growth – and many transcon markets are growing faster than the average as a whole.IF DL or any other carrier was pricing more than the market was willing to be bear, the evidence would be easy to see.
That's a great question if your not a customer or employee of AA - what's the point of all the AA bashing

Reactions: 2 people
WorldTraveler said:
If you aren’t a DL customer and never will be, what’s the point?

AA doesn’t operate an int’l configured aircraft on JFK-SEA, do they? If not, then how can you say that they deliver a better product? And if they do,

You do realize that this is one of a number of JFK transcon markets where DL has a higher average fare, don’t you?
Fares are increasingly at a fairly rapid rate thruout the domestic market including the transcon markets.
The evidence is simply not there. The domestic market is seeing strong RASM growth – and many transcon markets are growing faster than the average as a whole.

IF DL or any other carrier was pricing more than the market was willing to be bear, the evidence would be easy to see.

I am a DL customer flying DL next week and I am a Platinum Medallion.  Point is DL is engaging in deceptive, false advertising claiming to offer enhanced service and not delivering it.  You are the one who brought up inventory codes and keep justifying this deceptive practice. I haven't contacted the NY AG but I did complain to DL corporate and they had the usual "F you" attitude as usual.  I mean seriously your people think they are running Cathay or Singapore not a fair weather US carrier. 

Josh

then file a case with the appropriate government authorities.

what you really want to say is that DL won't cave in to your inflammatory internet extortion techniques.

problem is that you will have to do so with a real name to be taken seriously.

You do remember that DL just won a case that started with NW regarding a certain complaining passenger? I'm sure you know the details.

Translation - I can't take the heat nor can DL - so it will focus on suing it's customers and punishing customers - maybe DL should start teaching a class on how to drive customers away

Reactions: 4 people
you better get Google translator's help because you flubbed that one.

It just says that there is a basis for a company telling certain customers who can find nothing good about their product that their business is not wanted - and they have the right to not honor any benefits that customer might have had.

specific to this point, DL has no shortage of people who are willing to pay above average fares for the services DL offers.

Since Josh also complained about DL's policy of requiring more costly upgrades for the JFK transcon flights while he also noted that DL promised services on transcon flights which they aren't delivering, the two issues can absolutely be linked - by him.

If he genuinely wants to make the charge that DL is acting illegally, then he needs to complain to the appropriate governmental authorities.

He clearly didn't like DL's response which undoubtedly said "we thought this whole thing thru and offer a service that customers are willing to buy. thanks for your business - at the price we are charging."

absent a charge to a government authority, Josh's attempts will go nowhere other than provide a place for him to vent his endless hot air.

if he was truly entrepreneurial, he would find a way to heat buildings in New England in the cold winter and make a fortune doing it.

bless your heart - personally attacking Josh - so when you losing the argument - as usual - just attack

I'm not attacking Josh.

It isn't too hard to figure out the motives for why people do what they do.

we don't even know who Josh really is because he feels there is a part of who he is related to the airline industry that he won't reveal.

He has not resisted in the least in trashing DL's transcon policies as well as regarding int'l service while noting that he doesn't or won't fly DL on those routes. His perceptions may be valid but if he has no intent of using DL in favor of some clear loyalty to AA which apparently includes some distorted mixture of being an anti-labor advocate combined with some degree of a claim to fly AA and other airlines on a paid basis, then it is hard to know how to believe him.

making an accusation that DL is engaging in false advertising or deceptive practices is a serious charge.

Josh has repeated to accept that if he wants to make the charge, he needs to do it to the government authorities that enforce such things - and he has to use his real name to do it.

beyond that, Josh is just venting without facts and without a willingness to accept that his charge is not valid.

just like you accusing AA for improper accounting that helped them beat DL with higher profits - so it's OK for you to accuse AA of something serious but not others - can we all say double standard

nowhere did I ever accuse AA of improper accounting.

I have consistently said that AA is doing no different than what companies coming out of BK can off do in not paying taxes.

Not paying profit sharing is a decision that you as employees have made and defend. If you don't want to have profit sharing, then it isn't AA's fault that they don't record it. Just don't try to say that your total compensation is equivalent to DL employees' because you don't want to include profit sharing which they are receiving.

the only double standard is created when you manipulate what I have said into something different

there is no double standard.

there is double vision from a few of you, due in large part because you can't read what is written

the only double standard comes from those who can't understand what is written.