DL/NW Deal Closer

Makes PERFECT/LOGICAL sense to me,...Uh....with the EXCEPTION of your source(which I BELIEVE IS 100% Good), failed to mention what Role....AA could have in all this ??

Do you know how you always mentioned, that AA "blinked" at PanAm routes, well maybe this will be blink #2.... So far AMR isn't part of the game.. Until then, they really don't need to be part of the scenario...

I think AA sitting out is a very real possibility as they have not been so good at mergers...nor have their employees at accepting them. With that said they may be willing to let the DL/NW & UA/CO employees beat each other up for a few years and hope they can make some gains out of it.

The issues mentioned above re: why DL/UA didn't work out is reasonable. I'm not too sure that I believe UA is a better fit. They both give DL the presence in Asia they want. While UA's is much better, the rest of the issues they would face (SkyTeam vs. Star, DEN vs. SLC, CVG vs. IAD) are much great and add to the hurdles. ATL could likely absorb a bunch of the MEM employees much like DTW could absorb many of the CVG folks. UA/DL is likely to big to be approved and create a lot of problems.

Do you know how you always mentioned, that AA "blinked" at PanAm routes, well maybe this will be blink #2.... So far AMR isn't part of the game.. Until then, they really don't need to be part of the scenario...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Actually, it would be "blink" #4 !

1. was as mentioned, PA/UA/85' :wub:
2. was NW's Checchi/Wilson trying to give CRANDALL a $$$$$ "HAND GALLOP" in the early 90's :rant:
3. was CARTY "thinking" he was getting a $$$$ "HAND GALLOP" in around 99'/00' :wacko:
4 well, ..............we'll have to see If and When it happens.

I personelly cant see AA standing by on the sidelines watching they could be a spoiler of any of the 4 big carriers deal to at least minimum protect themselves just my opinion

I personelly cant see AA standing by on the sidelines watching they could be a spoiler of any of the 4 big carriers deal to at least minimum protect themselves just my opinion

I agree. However this time around, Delta has the backing of KLM/AirFrance.

I agree. However this time around, Delta has the backing of KLM/AirFrance.
Along those lines ...What if CAL does not use the OPTION to buy back that golden share from NWA.....OR leaves it inplace with the new combined NWA/DL ? Just think what that will do for Skyteam?