US/NW Merger rumor?

US Airways/Northwest Airlines

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
:down: :down: How about US' WORST :down: :down:

I live in Minneapolis and can't believe that this airline has been ALLOWED to continue to fly for as long as it has. They treat their employees and passengers like c**p. But they have had enough clout with the state government and the Metropolitan Airport Council to stick around. They nixed the new airport idea in the mid-1990's even before a comparison study was done, signing an agreement to assist the MAC in reinsulating homes in the airport noise areas. But, now they have used bankrupty block doing anything that they agreed to. As a result, Minneapolis, Richfield, Bloomington and Eagan have filed suit to hold their feet to the fire, but it has to wait until they come out of bankruptcy.

They have pushed their weight around with the MAC for years, which is FINALLY recognizing that this airline does the Twin Cities no favors. NWorst even had the audacity to suggest that the MAC order all other airlines out of the main terminal, built with PUBLIC money and seclude them to a much smaller international terminal, more than a two miles from the main terminal. They have used bankruptcy to void their employee contracts. They have reneged on employment promises that they made with the state of Minnesota in 1991, when they suckered the taxpayers into helping them "save" the airline.

Personally, I have flown them and forget about getting a greeting when you board their ancient aircraft (even older than their flight attendants.) My mom was sprayed with deicing solution several years back (they didn't close the passenger door prior to beginning the process) and didn't even offer to pay for dry cleaning. They are scum.
We have flown other carriers out of Minneapolis the majority of the time and I will gladly have an intermediate stop at another airline's hub before I fly that cr*p airline ever again. I hope that they go under.

Not unlike many other Minnesotans, you continue to fly NWA.
There are other options you know.

Anyway, back on topic - it seems NWA is setting itself up for a merger of some sort while keeping a poker face. While AA is sitting on almost 6 billion - for what - opportunity! There are several options for mergers, the biggest compliment to AAs system would be NWAs. With a little trimming here and there you've got a streamlined system. :up:

I will(now) respectfully disagree.

Of the following airlines.........AA,UA,DL,CO,NW,and LCC, (Ideally)I think AA and NW(and perhaps) DL would prefer to "go it alone"

Where it will get VERY interesting, is if (say) UA..."pulls the trigger", then the chain reaction will be UNPREDICTABLE.

CO, seems to be the "Interchangeable Item". ...... Meaning that If we Observe them from one perspective, they appear to be a "go it alone®"
But viewed "again", they appear to be ready to jump in the sack, with another carrier. (not saying that they should,nt "keep their options open")

NH/BB's

Is this gonna be some of those mergers where they just aquire assets and who cares what happens to the employees sort of thing?

Is this why all the bigger managers got on that bandwagon creating all these new cleaners and catering companies that specificly does NW?

This soap opera never ends, don't it?

ALL are going to buy Northwest and cherry pick?

Get real...pipe dream. Nice to see we're so sought after.

NW has outlasted all of the original Flag carriers. (even with the scum bags that ruined this great airline).

All will see tomorrow that Northwest will be around for quite a while. Big Red is getting ready to stretch it's wings around the world the likes you have NEVER seen. (biggest international expansion in NW history.)

Stay tuned for a VERY VERY big announcement tomorrow! :up:

Too bad it won't have any employees left to see all of these grand plans. Could've been a fun ride.

I heard Spirit is placing a bid for the Pacific Div.!

ALL are going to buy Northwest and cherry pick?

Get real...pipe dream. Nice to see we're so sought after.

NW has outlasted all of the original Flag carriers. (even with the scum bags that ruined this great airline).

All will see tomorrow that Northwest will be around for quite a while. Big Red is getting ready to stretch it's wings around the world the likes you have NEVER seen. (biggest international expansion in NW history.)

Stay tuned for a VERY VERY big announcement tomorrow! :up:

Too bad it won't have any employees left to see all of these grand plans. Could've been a fun ride.

I heard Spirit is placing a bid for the Pacific Div.!
Fascinating, just fascinating. Well I'll be giddy with excitement. Why, is Spirit buying us out?

Fascinating, just fascinating. Well I'll be giddy with excitement. Why, is Spirit buying us out?

Spirit is buying UA and will be named "United Spirit". United Spirit will file bankruptcy and merge with Mesaba then be renamed "Messy Spirit". Messy Spirit will merge with Garuda Indonesia and be renamed "Komodo Airways. Komodo Airways will merge with China Airlines who will crash all of the fleet and we'll be done with it all. THERE!

Glad I could be here for you Jenny.

N.

Spirit is buying UA and will be named "United Spirit". United Spirit will file bankruptcy and merge with Mesaba then be renamed "Messy Spirit". Messy Spirit will merge with Garuda Indonesia and be renamed "Komodo Airways. Komodo Airways will merge with China Airlines who will crash all of the fleet and we'll be done with it all. THERE!

Glad I could be here for you Jenny.

N.
oh that was a nice bedtime story. phhht. :)

The big event exciting announcement is *yawn*. Heard these before and never implemented. Like the flights to Madrid...

Latest posts