DL Sees Possible Job Cuts Ahead

You're not listening to me, I said I AM listening to what Dave said, and I do believe him. A quote from Dave, We are going to be the largest RJ airline in the world. That does not equal being a MAJOR airline!. Do you really think that by the time we get back around to flying large aircraft again, that the airlines who took over the flights we abandoned are just going to step aside and say, here you go, I know these were once your markets? Man, what world are you living in???

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/19/2002 10:01:16 PM oldiebutgoody wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/19/2002 9:30:38 PM Imamec,itsmyfault wrote:

Also, I never said we weren't going to make it. I said we were never going to be a major again!
----------------
[/blockquote]
This KILLED revenues, but Delta, AMR and others WERE COUNTING ON picking up the pieces of U and controlling more markets. Didn't work like they thought, and NOW the big hurt is a comin'.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Only a fool would think U or any other major is out of the woods.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/19/2002 9:28:53 PM Imamec,itsmyfault wrote:

You're not listening to me, I said I AM listening to what Dave said, and I do believe him. A quote from Dave, "We are going to be the largest RJ airline in the world." That does not equal being a MAJOR airline!. Do you really think that by the time we get back around to flying large aircraft again, that the airlines who took over the flights we abandoned are just going to step aside and say, "here you go, I know these were once your markets?" Man, what world are you living in???
----------------
[/blockquote]

Unfortunately you are mistaken. AMR's Eagle is technically a major airline because of the revenue it pulls in. U will be the same except it will have bigger RJ's
[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif']

I am sure Comair is very similar. U has a lot of catch up to do and you will now also be competing with the likes of ACA, Comair and Eagle and SWA and Jblue.

I dont necessarily think it is labor that is the problem. CCAir and many others like MESA are blaming labor costs for
their woes. How much do they make per hour? I am sure it is less than U's new start up.

Think About it!
Robin Hood did![img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif']

Right ON, USAir is allowed to operate in receivership, eliminate union contracts, and stiff creditors, while legimitate companies like our DAL operate honestly. USAir will drive all of our wages down, unfairly compete with us, and all with the government's (our) money.

USAir needs to be sold off or shut down, for the good of the remaining airlines!

RJ Stud,

Just what bit of your tax money is US operating with? A loan guarantee is just cosigning on the loan, no money is being spent. As a matter of fact, the government stands to make money on the deal (witness Chrysler in the 1980s). Could it be you are just afraid you will now actually have to compete? Go back to the Delta board.

Right ON, USAir is allowed to operate in receivership, eliminate union contracts, and stiff creditors, while legimitate companies like our DAL operate honestly. USAir will drive all of our wages down, unfairly compete with us, and all with the government's (our) money.

USAir needs to be sold off or shut down, for the good of the remaining airlines!

RJStud

I feel DAL should go out of business so U can pick up their share and become as big as they were, after all, fair is fair and now it's U turn:) And since DAL is trying to go it on the east coast, U can now do what CAL did to U when they were bankrupt, use cut throat pricing. Welcome to the new world of airline competition, enjoy the ride.

Do I sense the Dixie Darlings (DAL)are feeling a little heat Wait until Dr. Evil comes after givebacks. I can hear the grumblings in ATL already! Between Airtran and U Leo may loose a little sleep or atleast make a trip to DC to meet with his buddies to cry his case!

We tried to shut it down, and stop the pain...but all the Sheeple at U were scared by the the big bad (Dave)Wolfie. Now as far as DAL and the rest...Reality is right around the corner. If you want to survive, you need to cull the weak before the vote. If not..we will all be in the unemployment line.
13.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/22/2002 11:03:34 PM willnotworkforfree wrote:

We tried to shut it down, and stop the pain...

SHUT IT DOWN???? Who the heck's side are you on? Leave your USAirways ID at the door and hit the road!

A320 Driver

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/22/2002 11:39:41 PM willnotworkforfree wrote:

That's ok..I will stick around just to let you know that some workers in this country are more concerned about the future, and not your damm Condo in the Islands.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Jealousy breeds hatred and thats what your attempting to promote here. GIVE IT UP...YOU LOST. Now let's move on. As for the future, it's the hard working and dedicated employees at U that were willing to make a sacrifice that are the future...not hate mongers. Join us or leave us.

A320 Driver[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/7.gif']