Dol Says Open The Ballots

FA Mikey said:
The other thing is that Tommie will work to extend indefinitly the recall rights of all furloughees. Only fair considering the pilots have as much. jw would just like to see the clock run out.
[post="167517"][/post]​
Sorry I am out of the loop. What is happening tomorrow

FA Mikey said:
Its all on page 1, but in short the DOL has ordered APFA and king jw to open and count the contested ballots.
[post="167537"][/post]​
Thanks Mikey.....How far are youy on the list to come back

mjk said:
Good take AAStew. It's not like AA f/a's will be suddenly living in the world of milk and honey if Ward leaves and THB comes in.

Ward is just an easy target to assign blame to regarding the restructuring agreements. The paycuts, work rules changes, etc. were driven more by the current state of affairs in the airline industry than by mean 'ol John Ward.

Just remember- it can always be worse. AMR could be in bankruptcy and trying to terminate it's pension funds.
[post="167522"][/post]​
I dont think anyone expects that things will be perfect and essy. The problem with what happened, was not the cuts themselves. I think anyone expecting to avoid that is not living in reality. He was a fool for not being prepared. AA knew and took full advantage, of it and us.

LiveInAHotel said:
Even know he is in the land down under, he knows that the DOL ruled to open the ballots. He also knows what date the ballots will be opened and counted. He probably is trying to find a way to hide or destroy those ballots.

Mikey... I guess he is not packing up his office! He better get back from vacation to pack up his office, because once the ballots are counted THB takes office on the spot.
[post="166845"][/post]​

Live, there is enough going on without making up stories. JW is not in Australia, nor was he in Australia last week. He is not "getting back from vacation." I know of 2 BOD members who spoke with him over the weekend. He is in Dallas.

By the way, a special Executive Committee meeting has been called for Friday morning at APFA headquarters. Surely APFA will not be so dumb as to thumb their noses at the DOL a second time. Of course, certain members of the EC may find it impossible to be there and thus deny the EC a quorum again. This should prove interesting.

Jim you say "I know of 2 BOD members who spoke with him over the weekend. He is in Dallas". You also say that he was not on vacation.

I find it interesting that the membership is running around lost trying to find out what the heck in going on and he doesn't have time to say something on the hotline that would clarify things for the membership!!!

jsn25911 said:
Jim you say "I know of 2 BOD members who spoke with him over the weekend. He is in Dallas". You also say that he was not on vacation.

I find it interesting that the membership is running around lost trying to find out what the heck in going on and he doesn't have time to say something on the hotline that would clarify things for the membership!!!
[post="167564"][/post]​

I did not say that he was not on vacation. Read what LiveInAHotel said, then read what I said in context. Live stated "Even know (now???) he is in the land down under." That was posted on Sunday afternoon. JW spoke with 2 different BOD members that I know of, on Saturday evening. He was in Dallas at the time. I've already posted that yes he was on vacation last week, but not in Australia, and he was back in Dallas by Saturday.

As far as him not putting out any information on the hotline, all I can say is...
And, this would be different from his past practices, how? Bear in mind they didn't even start putting the minutes of the BOD meetings on the website until fairly recently.

jimntx said:
Live, there is enough going on without making up stories. JW is not in Australia, nor was he in Australia last week. He is not "getting back from vacation." I know of 2 BOD members who spoke with him over the weekend. He is in Dallas.

By the way, a special Executive Committee meeting has been called for Friday morning at APFA headquarters. Surely APFA will not be so dumb as to thumb their noses at the DOL a second time. Of course, certain members of the EC may find it impossible to be there and thus deny the EC a quorum again. This should prove interesting.
[post="167560"][/post]​

jimntx,

That's funny because when I called the APFA to speak to him his secretary said he was on VC in Australia and would be back soon. It seems someone is trying to cover up for our missing APFA President. :rolleyes:

jsn25911 said:

[post="167564"][/post]​
Didnt anyone at APFA think to look under his desk.

Here is a quote all can love..."The DOL has advised that it would file in federal court should it determine that APFA has failed to comply with the election procedures. Further, it would be entitled to seek reimbursement from APFA for the costs of the prosecution of this action. You might be interested in knowing that individual BOD or Executive Committee members can be held personally accountable when their actions violate the APFA Constitution or federal law. They are not insulated from civil or criminal prosecution."

Reliable sources say JW will not attend the vote count.

FA Mikey said:
Didnt anyone at APFA think to look under his desk.
[post="167589"][/post]​

Mikey - you are on a winning streak today - Twice you have made me laugh outloud. Thanks.

jsn25911 said:
Mikey - you are on a winning streak today - Twice you have made me laugh outloud. Thanks.
[post="167593"][/post]​

I literally laughed out loud too...just the image of his bloated scruffy face peaking out from under that desk..."They're coming to take me awAAy he he ho ho..."

LiveInAHotel said:
jimntx,

That's funny because when I called the APFA to speak to him his secretary said he was on VC in Australia and would be back soon. It seems someone is trying to cover up for our missing APFA President. :rolleyes:
[post="167584"][/post]​

And, a person's secretary is required to tell you the truth because??? That he was on vacation (which is true) is union business. Where he was vacationing is none of my business or yours.

If I was loyal to my boss and someone called that I knew for a fact was hostile to my boss, I would not be predisposed to volunteer information to that person. Your "love" for JW is well-known. :lol:

In any case, it doesn't really matter where he is. As you said, the votes will be counted on Thursday whether he is there or not. Let's hope that, if THB wins as a result of the ballot count, JW chooses to step down in a dignified manner, or failing that, the BOD has the good sense to do the right thing and remove him from office.

Let's not forget that the DOL has the power under Federal law to decertify the APFA as the bargaining agent for the AA flight attendants and call for a representation election. They have done it to other unions in the past, and they will do it again if they feel it is in the best interest of the affected membership.

Latest posts