Dol Says Open The Ballots

Funny how the hot line says that they just learned on the 9th of the DOL decision to have the 16 votes counted when in reality it was way before yesterday according to a very good "native" friend of mine. They were just waiting word from john wart. :blink:

twasilverbullet said:
Funny how the hot line says that they just learned on the 9th of the DOL decision to have the 16 votes counted when in reality it was way before yesterday according to a very good "native" friend of mine. They were just waiting word from john wart. :blink:
[post="167423"][/post]​

Since the meeting captain john has final authority over all web, hotline and skyword media. Thanks BOD.

FA Mikey said:
Since the meeting captain john has final authority over all web, hotline and skyword media. Thanks BOD.
[post="167425"][/post]​

Mike, that is not the resolution that was passed. What it says is that the President must approve all hotlines, press releases, etc, or by another National Officer in the President's absence.

John Ward was, in fact, on vacation last week (not Australia, by the way. And, he got back over the weekend.) He either misrepresented the resolution to the Communications Dept (though Liz Geiss was at the BOD meeting when the resolution passed), or he failed to communicate the essence of it, or the Communications Dept. misunderstood, or deliberately chose to ignore the "other National Officer" part. In any case, the news is officially out now.

Now, for my 2 cents...
I can't imagine the DOL's reasoning behind the decision to count the votes, but not immediately install THB if she ends up the winner. Unless...(and this is just my opinion)
1. The DOL informed the BOD through JW that a preliminary decision was made to count the votes.
2. The DOL then decided to wait to see if the BOD would do the right thing and count the votes on their own.
3. The BOD voted down a resolution to count the votes; so, the DOL ordered the votes counted, but did not specify what action to follow the count.
4. (Here's my guess) The DOL is giving the BOD another opportunity to do the right thing on their own, by voting to replace JW with THB (assuming she wins).
Or, that JW will do the right thing and step down voluntarily. I don't think the DOL wants to have to order the APFA to follow the law.

IMHO, if the DOL ends up having to step in and order the appropriate actions be taken, it ain't gonna be pretty. In my past dealings with the DOL, including working for them one summer while I was in college, I found that they don't like being made the heavy by anyone who insists on being forced to obey the law.

Flight attendants at American may get new leader from the Dallas Morning News

The Department of Labor hears labor complaints when elections go wrong at unions. If the new vote totals switch the election's outcome, the Labor Department officials Thursday could remove Mr. Ward from office and certify the March election in Ms. Hutto-Blake's favor.

It could also do nothing and wait for the APFA board of directors to act.

Labor spokeswoman Diana Petterson could only confirm Tuesday that the investigation at APFA was ongoing.

Flight attendants at American may get new leader from the Dallas Morning News

Attachments

• idiot.jpg
    idiot.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 159
This situation is truly pathetic. We can't trust our union, we can't trust the company, is it a wonder that we complain and whine so much?
I am all for THB to be installed as Prez, but will things change at all?
I am not holding my breath. She does not have the power to help the TWAA'rs as much as they are thinking, she is associated with the old PAt Gibbs group, has anything really changed?

PS MIKEY WILL YOU PLZ REMOVE THAT PIC OF WARD???? YUCK!

AAStew said:
This situation is truly pathetic. We can't trust our union, we can't trust the company, is it a wonder that we complain and whine so much?
I am not holding my breath. She does not have the power to help the TWAA'rs as much as they are thinking, she is associated with the old PAt Gibbs group, has anything really changed?

PS MIKEY WILL YOU PLZ REMOVE THAT PIC OF WARD???? YUCK!
[post="167495"][/post]​

The pic is a reminder of the last 4 years, and to all the people who told me, down with Denise, ward is our savior. I really would be alot better off if I had been wrong. True to form jw did his typical.

I dont think the TWAAers have a expectation of that. But given a choice, who would you vote for? I am sure they can answer that better than I. Tommie is also old school, she is here to help set us on the right path for the future.

FA Mikey said:
The pic is a reminder of the last 4 years, and to all the people who told me, down with Denise, ward is our savior. I really would be alot better off if I had been wrong. True to form jw did his typical.

I dont think the TWAAers have a expectation of that. But given a choice, who would you vote for? I am sure they can answer that better than I. Tommie is also old school, she is here to help set us on the right path for the future.
[post="167500"][/post]​

It's like the bumper sticker I saw the other day "Anyone else for President." We (twa f/a) are savvy enough to know that THB can't/won't do anything to reverse the SIA but she does'nt promote the hate and division toward us that the Warden always has.

Like I said earlier, I have become such a cynic and it is sad. But you are all right THB can only help. Especially furlough recall rights, I still don't get that one..how did that save the company money?
I will be doing the happy dance if things go right tomorrow, if only because justice was served.

AAStew said:

Good take AAStew. It's not like AA f/a's will be suddenly living in the world of milk and honey if Ward leaves and THB comes in.

Ward is just an easy target to assign blame to regarding the restructuring agreements. The paycuts, work rules changes, etc. were driven more by the current state of affairs in the airline industry than by mean 'ol John Ward.

Just remember- it can always be worse. AMR could be in bankruptcy and trying to terminate it's pension funds.

AAStew said:
She does not have the power to help the TWAA'rs as much as they are thinking, she is associated with the old PAt Gibbs group, has anything really changed?

[post="167495"][/post]​

Sorry to disapoint you...but we never did expect for THB to help us, THEN or NOW!! so, get over it!
What's up with you people?!!............MAN!!!! :angry: Always trying and looking for ways to cut us down!!! It can't even occur to you that maybe we wanted your john boy out for the same reasons you did! No, that would have been to easy of an explanation..........................You people are TRULY EVIL!!!!!! :angry:

What is evil is ...only wanting a revote if things don't turn out the way YOU want them to.