Don't be duped into being the Teamsters bailout fools

Benefits Committee Update
On Thursday July 12, 2012, the Benefits Committee convened in LAX to receive a presentation on the WCTPT, (Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust), from administrator Walter Pentz. Much information was given, and the plan administrator had some questions of his own. Through the Q&A process it was revealed our combined work group, s-CAL & s-UAL, has an average age of 51.1 yrs, posing a potential problem with the group being accepting into the Plan.
Later in the day the presentation was shared with the entire committee followed by another Q&A session.
As discussed in past updates, the multiemployer WCTPT is only ONE type of pension option being looked into as a viable negotiating position. Many factors will be taken into consideration before the committee will make a recommendation to all the members.
The Benefits Committee will be meeting to discuss the information gathered and make sure consultant, Pete Hardcastle has all the up to date info so an accurate comparison, including the WCTPT, can be completed.

Thanks for this post. You can learn more about the plan here. http://www.wctpension.org/

I spoke with one of the few Airline Division Teamsters on the plan to get an accurate perception of the program. He is a mechanic at Continental Micronesia and has been in the plan for a number of years. There are many points to the plan he found favorable, one of which is the funding level even while most other plans were wavering. Another bonus is the safety of the plan. At UAL, our plan was essentially Monopoly money. The company would always tell us what they were contributing to the plan, but at the end of the day, it meant nothing and we were all screwed. The WCT plan has real contributions paid by the company. After payment, the money is invested within the plan and can not be touched or accessed by either the company or the union. Your retirement funds are secured and can only be accessed under the options selected by each individual when at the appropriate age. You don't loose it in bankruptcy. The company can't use it when they are cash strapped. The union can not invest it or redirect it. Nobody can touch it but the individual in the plan.

However, just because a group like UAL may show interest in the plan does not automatically mean we will be accepted. In our case, the average age of the group may be too high and the liabilities become greater. This is the concern with our group. Because our average age of the combined company is 51, we may not qualify to join the WCT. There may be other options with other plans, but the WCT has so far shown to be one of the most stable.

To whom it may concern, August 3, 2012

It has come to my attention that there is rumor in Tulsa that I am supporting a Teamster raid on the TWU in New York. I would like to address this rumor as being false. Further more, based on my members feedback, there is little to no interest in supporting a Teamster raid in New York.

Chuck Schalk

VP TWU Local 562

JFK-LGA-EWR-BOS-PHL-SJU

Reactions: 1 person
why do you care his pres wants to do away with base maintenance.

no, you are are the wedge jammer. The Line is the strength of your union.

Did you hear that at a TWU Cult Meeting?

Think about it.
WHO has and does not have the power to "do away with base maintenance"?

Reactions: 3 people
no, you are are the wedge jammer. The Line is the strength of your union.

Did you hear that at a TWU Cult Meeting?

Think about it.
WHO has and does not have the power to "do away with base maintenance"?
I have friends that used to work here in TULE in the hangars but RIFed all over the system and I have ex TWA friends that finally made it back to TULE from JFK and other stations and they tell a little different story Informer. Line doesn't have the power to get rid of us but they defiantly would like for it to go away. You need to get out more or get a diferent circle of friends that might be truthful because you have no idea what you are talking about.

why do you care his pres wants to do away with base maintenance.

What is being conveyed in this video is that whether you vote yes or no to the LBO 2, if we do not have system protection and job protection scope language then the company has at anytime the right to shrink our work which will result in layoffs anyway. Think about it, will a yes vote save more jobs in the future?

How did the 2003 concessions work out for us? We are down 5000 employees in Title 1.......Fact

Chuck Schalk
VP Local 562

Local 562 executive Board member and Stores Chairman Steve Gukelberger in this Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBytjeORgKY&feature=youtu.be

Reactions: 2 people
I have friends that used to work here in TULE in the hangars but RIFed all over the system and I have ex TWA friends that finally made it back to TULE from JFK and other stations and they tell a little different story Informer. Line doesn't have the power to get rid of us but they defiantly would like for it to go away. You need to get out more or get a diferent circle of friends that might be truthful because you have no idea what you are talking about.

The only thing the Line guys want to see go away is the TWU!!!

And I doubt you have the friends you claim to have said what you spewed here.

Reactions: 4 people
The only thing the Line guys want to see go away is the TWU!!!

And I doubt you have the friends you claim to have said what you spewed here.

Ok, so am I supposed retract because you don't believe ? I'm relaying what I have been told and whether you or others agree or not makes no difference to me.

I have many friends all over the system at Line Stations. What I hear them say is that there needs to be a de-coupling of line/overhaul wages. I dont hear anyone talking get rid of overhaul. Most Line guys I know are sick of Tulsa not wanting to change unions, always voting in concession contracts, and now the disrpution of the AMFA card drive by supporting the Teamsters which they will NEVER do. The Line wants rid of the TWU like now everyone at Tulsa seems to be seeking, but the Line will not go backwards towards the Teamsters.

But "get rid of Tulsa"?
They neither have the power to that, it would be a company decision, nor is that what they call a solution to the market pay disparity.

There is nothing wrong with talking the truth about the differences in market pay for overhaul versus line pay. But the Line AMT is not your enemy. Lack of legislative restrictions on outsourcing, soon to be lack on contractual limits on outsourcing, lack of production/accountability...

..That is your enemy

Reactions: 3 people
I have many friends all over the system at Line Stations. What I hear them say is that there needs to be a de-coupling of line/overhaul wages. I dont hear anyone talking get rid of overhaul. Most Line guys I know are sick of Tulsa not wanting to change unions, always voting in concession contracts, and now the disrpution of the AMFA card drive by supporting the Teamsters which they will NEVER do. The Line wants rid of the TWU like now everyone at Tulsa seems to be seeking, but the Line will not go backwards towards the Teamsters.

But "get rid of Tulsa"?
They neither have the power to that, it would be a company decision, nor is that what they call a solution to the market pay disparity.

There is nothing wrong with talking the truth about the differences in market pay for overhaul versus line pay. But the Line AMT is not your enemy. Lack of legislative restrictions on outsourcing, soon to be lack on contractual limits on outsourcing, lack of production/accountability...

..That is your enemy
TULE is already at MRO wages Watch the work roll in after B/K !

But "get rid of Tulsa"?

..That is your enemy
Nice analogy. You believe and hear one thing and me another whatever works. It's not line AMTs as a whole that I reference it is individuals that group with an idea. In my opinion the day you see 0 field trips and line stations being able to maintain the aircraft 100% ie. gear box, fuel control, door rigs, flight control vibration, tail jackscrew r/r, TULE Avionics AMT troubleshooting while traveling on and on and on for whatever reason, doesn't matter (manning, know how, time etc etc) That's the day I will agree there needs to be a de-couple in wages. In the big picture my opinion means nothing in that arena as does anyones who post here and you can find someone will argue every side of the subject so I am not trying to say my Opinion is Gospel. Geo Pay on the other hand I believe whole heartedly they deserve depending on local economy at their station. In my opinion if someone were to think they were getting the shortend in TULE because someone in JFK/LGA or LAX or ORD makes $5 more an hour I would tell them to by all means bid.