dot com

oldtimer

Aug 22, 2002
Folks, no where in the contract does it say that anyone will be forced into dot.com work. No where. Dot.com will be a different classification from current customer service work, i.e. reservations and ATO work. Secondly, if any reservation office closes, those affected employees can transfer to another office that has openings, take the furlough, or go to another job classification that has openings, including, but not exclusive to dot.com work, and still maintain recall rights to your previous classification. Dot.com may save jobs, albeit at 13.00 an hour. 13.00 an hour is still better than unemployment. Have you looked for a job? Have you seen what your skills pays in this economy? The country as a whole is in terrible financial shape, and the airline industry as a group is in a very precarious situation - partly due to 911, but also due to high salaried employees, and fat contracts that were negotiated when times were good. They are no longer good, but there is no clause in any contract that brings the employees back to the table when the country has been turned upside down as it has been for the last year and corporations can no longer pay those salaries. What do you do then???
Full pay to the Last Day motto is suicide. Think about it before you vote.

You are so missing the point old timer. US can close an office or furlough from the bottom at will,one of these 2 options is guaranteed to happen.., so, depending on which office or which method of furlough, it could affect a minimum 400(Orlando) to maybe 800(other Cros) g/s agents.Then they can easily/legally come back and say BUT HEY WE HAVE 200-400 dot com positions in another city of your choice,at 13 an hour or less if you're not topped out yet.Virtually eliminating hundreds of top paying CS postions.And its all legit. Are you getting the point now?
And yes there are jobs at 13 an hour or less out there without whips and chains and employees dissected under microscopes. You have to know where to look and you have to have taken advance steps either by re-education or research into other fields when the warning signals began years ago.Many people heeded the warnings and are moving on. If the company folds, or downsizes, or furloughs big time and sends top CS agts into the c-r-a-p-p-e-r,.. I am one of them. Moving on, that is. Anyone not prepared has only themselves, bad decisions, or apathy to blame.

good lord man............I know exactly what the company can/may do.......35yrs has shown me more than enough of what is possible. But wake up!! This is business, you aren't in Kansas anymore. You take the bitter with the sweet, make the moves that are necessary to preserve a life for yourself and your family ( if you have one ) and if what you settle for isn't enough, find another more prosperous job. ( I think not)

My opinions are slanted towards REZ but my God the ATOS are losing hundreds and hundreds to express and furlough as we speak. Every market you pull up has a regional,..every sched quote in every call we must CYA with the US EXPRESS D.O.T. requirement. And on a duty note,with all the regionals coming in, you can't find any frigging DM award seats unless you go to premium awards.And passgrs don't like to hear that.And I don't like to sweat my butt off 3 out of 5 calls looking for Z seats.I wouldn't mind any of this difficult work though if the stopwatch was turned off. But it ain't.>>>>>>>