Doug sold us a bill of goods

Everyone should stop acting like Doug Parker is a union employee. He is a CEO. A CEO is never going to be a front-line employee. We will never be Santa Clause and the Elves having hot chocolate talking about how great the night went, all cozied up in our pajamas in front of the fire place. Our jobs are different, our priorities are different, our goals are different. Get over it....
In addition, the "happy employee" making or breaking a company is B.S. You either do your job, or get fired. That is the way it is here at West. Whether or not I like the decisions that are made by management is irrelevant. If I am miserable, I should not be working at the company. I simply do my job to the best of my ability and leave it when I leave the plane.
Mr. Parker keeps getting his nose in union business for what reason no one knows. These decisions are NOT his to make...
Not being a happy A&P or pilot is different set of rule then a ramper or CSR, f/a's. I will not get fired for writing the #### out of a plane or going to our crappy engineering dept on every item because I am unhappy. I will not get fired for sticking to the FAR's, AMM's, SRM's, GMM's, MPPM's, etc.. And if you work in a federal regulated job in the company you will not be fired either.

Not being a happy A&P or pilot is different set of rule then a ramper or CSR, f/a's. I will not get fired for writing the #### out of a plane or going to our crappy engineering dept on every item because I am unhappy. I will not get fired for sticking to the FAR's, AMM's, SRM's, GMM's, MPPM's, etc.. And if you work in a federal regulated job in the company you will not be fired either.

That's a garbage attitude from you. Just in case you haven't realized this.......it takes each and every work group to make an airline run and run successfully. It's not just about Pilots or Flight Attendants or A&P's or Admin or Rampers or Cleaners. It's about ALL OF US.

And as far as your "opinion" of the engineering department........remember what they say about opinions. I don't think I need to tell you.

That's the kind of garbage that this company, east or west, doesn't need. The old AWA rears it's ugly head with statements like that from you. Add that to the new US Airways and all you're doing is adding fuel to the fire. Time to let the past go and look to the future.

Everyone should stop acting like Doug Parker is a union employee. He is a CEO. A CEO is never going to be a front-line employee. We will never be Santa Clause and the Elves having hot chocolate talking about how great the night went, all cozied up in our pajamas in front of the fire place. Our jobs are different, our priorities are different, our goals are different. Get over it....
In addition, the "happy employee" making or breaking a company is B.S. You either do your job, or get fired. That is the way it is here at West. Whether or not I like the decisions that are made by management is irrelevant. If I am miserable, I should not be working at the company. I simply do my job to the best of my ability and leave it when I leave the plane.
Mr. Parker keeps getting his nose in union business for what reason no one knows. These decisions are NOT his to make...

Hulagirl

Great post!! :up:
I agree with you 100%, especially the Mr. Parker keeping his nose in union business.
I look forward to meeting and hopefully fly with you. :wub:

I am not informed, obviously, but how is Doug Parker putting his nose in the union business? I am asking because I don't know.........not because I'm defending anyone at all.

I know he can state his views on issues as well as everyone else but will the unions really listen? Will the NMB really listen?

That's a garbage attitude from you. Just in case you haven't realized this.......it takes each and every work group to make an airline run and run successfully. It's not just about Pilots or Flight Attendants or A&P's or Admin or Rampers or Cleaners. It's about ALL OF US.

And as far as your "opinion" of the engineering department........remember what they say about opinions. I don't think I need to tell you.

That's the kind of garbage that this company, east or west, doesn't need. The old AWA rears it's ugly head with statements like that from you. Add that to the new US Airways and all you're doing is adding fuel to the fire. Time to let the past go and look to the future.

You mean what they say about "ass-u-me".

If this is the case, TWU 580 will be the fleet service union of the new US Airways, if Doug has his way! :lol:

active%20submission.gif

passive%20submission.gif
Man have you got your facts wrong when Since MS. Malone was voted out of office had the TWU 580 rolled over. This group of officers NEVER has NEVER will bow down and kiss DP's A**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not informed, obviously, but how is Doug Parker putting his nose in the union business? I am asking because I don't know.........not because I'm defending anyone at all.

I know he can state his views on issues as well as everyone else but will the unions really listen? Will the NMB really listen?
[/quote

Mr.s Parker and Lakefield issued a joint principles of labor when the merger was announced. Mr. Parker got involved in flight attendant seniority issues during an employee dinner (which caused virtual panic at US West), and Mr. Parker continues to make comments on labor issues that are none of his business. The unions take care of certain issues according to their individual by-laws. These issues are not in Mr. Parker's job description. One would think he would have enough to do, anyway.

To all Mechanics and Related at US Airways East and West:

Yesterday, November 16' 2005, Doug Parker, Rick Ohme, and Al Hemenway held a morning and afternoon meeting with the mechanics from Airways West at the company's Flight Center in Phoenix. The meeting's purpose was to answer questions and concerns about the direction of current IBT contract negotiations. IAM / IBT contract integration, and monetary increases for the mechanics and related versus the documented monetary increases for the upper management team at the new US Airways. The mechanics that attended feel compelled to share his message from these meetings with all of the mechanics and related throughout the Airways system.

First, Doug stated over and over that his focus is to keep the costs of labor as low as possible as well as keep the costs of the two mechanics and related contracts (IBT / 1AM) the same. When asked about the specific differences between the IBT /1 AM contracts, he had no idea of the specifics, just that the cost to the company per employee under either contract was the same. So as far as he was concerned, it didn't matter to the company which contract prevailed from the standpoint of payroll and benefits. His focus was to not let the cost of the two contracts get out of line with each other. He fails to understand that while the cost to the company may be the same, it doesn't necessarily mean that the employee receives the same pay and benefits. This could be due to a difference in the cost to the company for health and dental insurance, or other costs the employee doesn't see in his / her paycheck. Either way, the contractual base wage rates, sick time compensation, number of holidays and vacation time are different between the two mechanics and related contracts.

"Industry Standard" We had a lot of discussion on what industry standard meant for management and mechanics. In our opinion. Doug feels that his management should be compensated at the current industry standard, yet his mechanics should continue to work for less than industry standard wages because in "2 years'' he feels this industry will set a new standard at our less than standard wage level. At which time he doesn't want to have his mechanics compensated at a level out of alignment with his selected samples of airlines that are in the process of taking back wages from employees who have for years enjoyed much higher wage rates than AWA mechanics.His select airline examples didn’t include Southwest, Jetblue, American,or Airtran

"We Want A Contract" Doug’s response to our request that the company get serious about our negotiations was basically if we commit to negotiating a contract that didn’t increase the cost of labor to the company, they would sign it. Meaning, don't expect any immediate increase in your wages, despite the upcoming $84.00 per month increase or $0.49 per hour pay cut for our 2000 AWA health benefits. He wasn't responsive to the fact that cost of living,(gasoline, groceries, insurance, etc.) are rising while our wages are not. We made the point that the Teamster Southwest Health insurance plan would be an immediate cost savings to the company and a $1.34 per hour raise to each employee because of the no monthly premium (Family UHC Platinum and Metlife dental $232.38 divided by 1 73.3 hours per month.) He stated he wasn't aware of that and followed with the standard "we'll look into that and get back to youâ€￾ answer. That is an empty promise because the very same point had been brought up to him in past meetings with the same "we'll get back" to you response. We made the point that the 25 months we have been negotiating this contract is far longer than the 7 months it took to close the merger, to which his only response was that AWA would be in bankruptcy if it were not for the merger. He and Al Hemenway also stated the company wants to work towards one contract, you can guess what that means for our contract negotiations.

Doug's message was loud and clear: There is no money for us. In spite of having 2.6 Billion dollars in the bank, his management team receiving raises, and it being over two years since we started negotiating, he wants to build "the best airline in the world" without taking care of his employees.

THROUGH SOLIDARITY, WE WILL RECEIVE THE RESPECT WE DESERVE.

whirly...thnks for the update...this from a lowly CSR in the midwest who works with alot of HP mx guys on charters...great group and i enjoy getting updates from them when I work with them...I had heard about the cost saving bennie deal months ago--I was under the impression the company was going to jump all over this! I thought I was told the numbers were also run for all employee's---what a cost savings! I wish you guys and gals the best...the more I am hearing about DP and the attitude...man...I don't know anymore...it seems like they choose to ignore that costs have gone up everywhere-lets just stay focused and stay low cost is the motto....the company attracts those who want part time flexible jobs but is not flexible at all when it comes to scheduling ect. I can not really figure out what they want anymore! We proved to them in 1999 that we could turn this airline around and what did we get...?

Nothing.

And as long as the airline legacies are threatening BK or going into BK, or are in BK, the bar will continue to move down for all work groups....

EXCEPT.....Corporate Execs.compensation.

That will continue to rise, along with their retirement security, benefits, bonus, stock options.

Thats easy.. He knows the IAM will roll over and do whatever it is
management wants..

Like 700 says..

Don't let the facts get in the way...

IAM rolls over for the company at every turn.. Thats a fact..

Yeah, and if the IAM members get confused on a vote you can be cure that the IAM will have another vote, in true Chicago fashion....

Latest posts

Back