Drug Bust At Jfk

I understand corporate communications put out their jetwire on this little newsy item, but for some reason, they neglected to report that most of the 25 arrested were AA employees.

Looks like there are going to be a few openings at JFK!

WingNaPrayer said:
I understand corporate communications put out their jetwire on this little newsy item, but for some reason, they neglected to report that most of the 25 arrested were AA employees.
Seven clerks from JFK were scooped up in the bust,one from Delta,one from United and the rest were from Globe Ground and Evergreen aviation services.

Since when does seven equal "Most"? :blink:

Bears you talk about making up for concessions,ask the executive board of 501 about the 10% pay increase they voted for themselves recently...

The original news wire, which has since been updated, clearly stated that MOST of those arrested were American Airlines employees. Of course, now that they have the exact count and have clarified which person worked for which airline, you choose to make it look like I jumped the gun instead. The original story had all but seven of the arrestees working for AA.

By the way, when does any number at all equal a cover-up from corporate communications? You know, that very department that can't wait to grease it's yap every time a competitor has a news release about new service? I'm surprised that CC didn't name names of their competitor's employees who were caught up in the scandal, but then, it is a holiday weekend and Frizz hasn't gotten ahold of the full story. . . yet!

Wing,you jump the gun? Nah,not in a million years... ;)

The local papers here had a pretty good run down of the names and employers of these guys,Corp Com didn't need to issue a comment. :lol:

F/O, I know this will be hard for you to accept, but every last one of the seven was a nAAtive.Nary a TWAer in the bunch,sorry to ruin a prefectly good conspiracy theory for you.

This seems to happen,what, every couple of years? FSC's/ESE's have a bad enough rep. as it is. All this seems to do is re-enforce the negative stereotype(s) the public (and some other work groups) have of us. :(

You can bet the media and law enforcement officials are going extremely overboard on this one also. To hear them tell it, they've done hundreds of hauls and each one worth 20,30,50 and even 100 million dollars.

At what point would any sane person say, 100 million is enough, I quit? I have a feeling when all is said and done, we'll ultimately find that what actually happened was nowhere near as severe as law enforcement officials claimed in order to procure a media-hyped guilty verdict.

At what point would any sane person say, 100 million is enough, I quit?

It can be hard to quit. I don't know about JFK, but some guys at MIA tried to quit the business and ended up missing, presumed dead in a swamp. Others were influenced by very convincing threats against their families. It is a good business to steer clear of.