dulles to rome

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
As part of its international expansion effort at its Washington Dulles hub, United Airlines today announced that it will offer new daily passenger and cargo service* between Washington, D.C., and the Eternal City of Rome. Pending Italian government approval, United will begin service to Rome on April 1, 2007 and service from Rome on April 2, 2007. Flights are open for sale beginning today.

As part of its international expansion effort at its Washington Dulles hub, United Airlines today announced that it will offer new daily passenger and cargo service* between Washington, D.C., and the Eternal City of Rome. Pending Italian government approval, United will begin service to Rome on April 1, 2007 and service from Rome on April 2, 2007. Flights are open for sale beginning today.

I wonder if UAL flights are seasonal like AA has?
777 aircraft from UAL, AA uses 767.
Think AA will use a 777? I doubt it.
Best of luck to UAL.

New?

More like a return. Rome was served out of IAD before, though perhaps the flight went through MXP.

Speaking of which, does AZ still fly MXP-IAD? I can't remember seeing their plane here recently.

New?

More like a return. Rome was served out of IAD before, though perhaps the flight went through MXP.

Speaking of which, does AZ still fly MXP-IAD? I can't remember seeing their plane here recently.

You are correct about Rome. We used to fly it in the rope start 747. The pilots flew IAD MXP but the F/A's continued on to FCO for the layover. I remember showing up in MXP to fly the trip onto FCO and the F/A's would be dragging tired due to the long night.

during the past summer, DL flew 2X/day from ATL to FCO, 2X/day from JFK to FCO, 1X/day from CVG to FCO, 1X day from ATL and JFK to MXP, 1X/day from JFK to VCE, 3-4X/week from ATL to VCE. And DL is starting 4X/week JFK-PSA next summer.

The 2nd daily flight from ATL was operated w/ a 764 in domestic config (275 or so seats) while the rest were 763ERs.

Alitalia is a sick little airline. The Italy market is very strong in the summer and DL benefits from being allied with AZ.

UA should do well on this flight but the 777 might be a bit too big in the winter.

I'll venture a guess, that the UAL flight will come at the cost of US(PHL/FCO).

Also , does DL fly ATL/FCO ???
I know they fly JFK/FCO.

NH/BB's

Are you mad, the US flight to FCO does extremely well, especially with cargo. There is plenty of local traffic to fill the flight daily, even in the winter. That flight isn't going anywhere.

Both the US flights to MXP and VCE do well.

during the past summer, DL flew 2X/day from ATL to FCO, 2X/day from JFK to FCO, 1X/day from CVG to FCO, 1X day from ATL and JFK to MXP, 1X/day from JFK to VCE, 3-4X/week from ATL to VCE. And DL is starting 4X/week JFK-PSA next summer.

The 2nd daily flight from ATL was operated w/ a 764 in domestic config (275 or so seats) while the rest were 763ERs.

Alitalia is a sick little airline. The Italy market is very strong in the summer and DL benefits from being allied with AZ.

UA should do well on this flight but the 777 might be a bit too big in the winter.

Add to that CO's twice daily EWR - FCO and AZ's JFK - FCO and BOS - FCO. Plenty of ways to get to FCO these days. You are right about AZ, and it is sick on so many levels. Imagine being bailed out of bankruptcy for the past 20 years at the expense of the taxpayer. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Are you mad, the US flight to FCO does extremely well, especially with cargo. There is plenty of local traffic to fill the flight daily, even in the winter. That flight isn't going anywhere.

Both the US flights to MXP and VCE do well.
:p :p Yes he is MAd, he's a SkY NAAZI! Rome's load factors average 90 %..Dah hello, its service from the Northeast, it competes with JFK...

Latest posts