Duty Time

Atlantic

Senior
Sep 2, 2002
I should know this, but don't. Does a F/A's duty time start at check in or block out time. I always thought it was the same as the pilots, "me too", but was told from the C/P office that per the F/A contract it's block out. I have a few days off so it's not at the top of my list, but antbody care to pipe in.

I should know this, but don't. Does a F/A's duty time start at check in or block out time. I always thought it was the same as the pilots, "me too", but was told from the C/P office that per the F/A contract it's block out. I have a few days off so it's not at the top of my list, but antbody care to pipe in.

Duty time for crewmembers starts at report time, no exceptions.

Try picking up a trip that might be illegal from report time but legal from block-out time. You should be refused.

Which C/P office did you contact? I bet the FAA would like to have a little talk with the person telling you that, just from the standpoint that contracts can only be more restrictive than FARs, never less restrictive.

Block out? In some instances like a mechanical or weather, that could be hours. So we just wouldn't get paid for that entire time?!!! What about duty rigs, huh?

Latest posts

Back