Chairside Luxury Items sales comming soon....

they should call it something other than "luxury" items.... for some reason when i hear the new us airways say luxury item i think of a cheap trinket in one of those machines where you try to get it with the claw. or a vagas hooker.... for some reason i heard the word luxury and though "cheap crap". just call it gift items or something.... i dont know, it all sounds pretty chintzy but hopefully its presented well... as long as its like duty free where they request and not where you are hawking it in thier face and disturbing people

I can't honestly remember the name of the program but it's not called luxury anything. It's a totally different name all together. As for in your face sales, well it's done the same way as duty free carribean/transatlantic which is chairside sales. You start up front and walk through the cabin pushing the cart. Leave it open for a while in the back galley and then make the announcement 10 minutes before you are about to close. I honestly liked it. It's something new to look at and there is some nice stuff to buy if even for yourself. I have bought so much stuff from duty free over the years. Cologne being the biggest thing. It's better than selling meals I can assure you of that. Someone isn't as inclined to blow your ear out for not having the watch or cologne they want like they do if you run out of sandwiches.

Honestly the non stop "Hawking" has to stop IMO or at least be done a little more low key.

I couldn't agree more, I was recently on a flight from SXM-CLT and the F/A's wouldn't shut up about the headphones, CC and duty free. It was 2 hours before the beverage service started, with not even a found of water offered up to that point. Not a good way to treat a bunch of sun-burned, likely hungover customers, who just sat in a hot, over-crowded terminal for two hours.

i seem to remember during the BA years we tried something like this to the westcoast to/from pit. did'nt work back then. also i'm getting kinda tired of selling stuff (aka bob and skymall) and trying to get people to sign up for the credit card thing. so i guess the aft f/a is going to have to inventory bob, liquior and now this junk and does,nt get any aft pay? maybe we should bring back the extra flight attendant? give me a break!!!!!! :down: :angry: :blink: <_<

The "Buy In The Sky" program won't last long in my opinion. I can honestly count on one hand how many people have asked for that form. I have personally had one ask for an order form. The credit card "Cash Cow" program is optional. The C and D flight attendant are the ones responsible for inventory and selling. It does not involve the A or b. Now this is what I know from working the 757. I'm not sure how service and responsibility will go on the airbus a/c.