Eagle starts SJU-NEVIS flts.

Cool. It may not be the biggest destination on AA's route map, but there should be a steady number of high-yield pax going to the Four Seasons. Based on the number of people flying into SKB and taking the boat (or a charter flight) over to Nevis, I always wondered why they didn't start flying directly to NEV sooner. Then again, maybe they needed a longer runway or other airport improvements in order to accommodate ATR's. When I was there, in 1990, the biggest thing I recall seeing was a Twin Otter, in addition to smaller birds including Islanders, Cessnas, and a chicken--yes, a chicken--wandering around the airport property.

If this prooves popular, Miami-Nevis is not far off, IMO. USAirways has started Philadelphia-Nevis and I think Charlotte-Nevis, and Delta is looking at Atlanta-Nevis (they might have already applied, I am not sure). 3x a week, 738, MIA-NEV would work very well.

I want to see them introduce Liberia, though!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/26/2003 5:29:53 PM MAH4546 wrote:

If this prooves popular, Miami-Nevis is not far off, IMO. USAirways has started Philadelphia-Nevis and I think Charlotte-Nevis, and Delta is looking at Atlanta-Nevis (they might have already applied, I am not sure). 3x a week, 738, MIA-NEV would work very well.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Uh-oh. Sounds like another unspoiled, uncrowded, untouristy island is about to be ruined.
Yogi Berra's quote seems apropos: "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too popular!"

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/26/2003 6:10:50 PM mga707 wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/26/2003 5:29:53 PM MAH4546 wrote:

----------------
[/blockquote]

Uh-oh. Sounds like another unspoiled, uncrowded, untouristy island is about to be ruined.
Yogi Berra's quote seems apropos: "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too popular!"

----------------
[/blockquote]

Actually, I tottally confused Nevis with St. Kitts. Nevis cannot even handle something much bigger than an ATR. I do think Miami-St. Kitts is a possible new route for 2003. We'll see how AA responds to the compietition.

Yeah, that's a common mistake. Same country, but different island. Also, I believe US Airways might have a codeshare to Nevis itself with Winair. Anyway, you're right--the airstrip in Nevis might take an ATR, but 737's are a looooong way off!

One hopes, anyway...even with ATR's, mga707 is absolutely right!