Earnings coming Jan 30th

safety stud

Senior
Apr 6, 2006
Visit site
Jan 30 LCC will announce 4th quarter and full year earnings. This means that any group who has profit sharing will be able to judge what they should recieve. I have heard estimates of around 100 to 125 million in profit for the quarter. That should put total year profit at somewhere around 625 - 650 mil. in profits. Not bad for the first full year.

Many are predicting this year will show record profits for all the majors. Any predictions?

Funny how the deadline for Delta/USAirways offer expires on Feb. 1 ?!?! <_<

About an $80 million profit in the fourth quarter and US Airways will be the only profitable legacy airline. The annual profit will be about $500 million.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Any predictions?
As usual, none. However, the First Call consensus has been dropping for awhile and is $0.80/share as of yesterday. That equals about $71 million net income before any special items. As always, look for special items - especially related to hedging. We had 46% of 4Q06 fuel hedged at the crude equivalent of $66-$74/bbl and the price at the end of the year was $60 and change, so there might be some loses from that.

When talking about profit sharing, it's the operating profit that matters, not net. Since the operating profit thru the first 9 months of 2006 was $483 million, it's a pretty safe bet that the annual operating profit will be over $500 million. Don't know if it'll hit $600 million, though - the 3rd quarter operating profit was only $18 million.

Jim

One Trillion US Dollars is my prediction, but somehow there will be some fee and that will lead us to a net loss and therefore no profit sharing.

However, Sr Management will blame the volitile _______ in the country of______ for increasing costs in the area of _______ and that further we will take a one time charge for lawyers fees regarding the acquisition attempt of Delta in the amount of ______ that just managed to keep us from profit. Kirby will make sure to tell us we're lucky to have made any headway in this dangerous world and will justify the reason Sr Management receive bonuses for getting us through such hard times that erased a $1,000,000,000,000 profit.

Back to my cave....

Anyone know how much we get for profit sharing? I heard it was 5% of you salary (if you're a salaried employee that is)

Until the amount of profit to be shared is known, there's no way to tell for sure what any group will get, much less what each individual will get. Should know something in a month or so.

Jim

Until the amount of profit to be shared is known, there's no way to tell for sure what any group will get, much less what each individual will get. Should know something in a month or so.

Jim

So you're saying you don't know the percentage? :rolleyes:

There's only one percentage I know - the pilots will get "no less than 36%" of the profit sharing pool. Of course, "no less" really means they'll get exactly 36%.

I'm sure the AFA, IAM, CWA, etc have negotiated percentages for their members. Just don't know what they are. If you can find out, though, whatever is left over goes to the non-union folks but how that'll be divided among the individuals is something else I don't know.

Jim

I am guessing 70 mil for the profit, give or take 10 mil. As for profit sharing, 800 per person after taxes would be my guess.

One thing worth remembering is that you can't just take the amount in the profit sharing "pie" and divide it by the number of employees that will get a "slice of the pie".

First, you have to calculate how much of the "pie" goes to each group, then divide that by the number of people in that group. Because the number of people in each group isn't proportional to the percentage of the "pie" that that group will get, the amount that an individual will get will depend on which group they're in.

For example, about 5,000 pilots will get 36% of the "pie" but are only about 17% of the employees that will get a "slice". So the pilots will get, on average, about double what some others will get.

It all goes back to what percentage of the total East concessions each union group gave up. The pilots gave up the largest percentage, so get the largest percentage of profit sharing.

Jim

Oh and don't forget. Parker has stated all employees get to be in on the pie. Interesting, as supposedly the WO's get some too. Uhmmmm.....it's not stated in any bargaining agreement I've seen, so where is that part of the pie going to come from??? Looks like for those that don't have the stipulations in their contracts, (like the pilots/fa's etc that negotiated profit sharing in their givebacks) that it will probably end up being very little.

For example, If the profit pool goes to 60 mill. The pilots get 36% of that. Or about 21.6 mill. Of that, depending on how it's divided among them (alpa sometimes has strange ideas) each pilot woud get 5600 or so (counting around 4000 pilots) Now considering the pilots took 36% and I think they are the group with the biggest piece (except managment) the rest will get much much less.

Oh and don't forget. Parker has stated all employees get to be in on the pie. Interesting, as supposedly the WO's get some too. Uhmmmm.....it's not stated in any bargaining agreement I've seen, so where is that part of the pie going to come from??? Looks like for those that don't have the stipulations in their contracts, (like the pilots/fa's etc that negotiated profit sharing in their givebacks) that it will probably end up being very little.

For example, If the profit pool goes to 60 mill. The pilots get 36% of that. Or about 21.6 mill. Of that, depending on how it's divided among them (alpa sometimes has strange ideas) each pilot woud get 5600 or so (counting around 4000 pilots) Now considering the pilots took 36% and I think they are the group with the biggest piece (except managment) the rest will get much much less.

US West pilots split it even among all pilots, US East by w2's.

Does anyone know if you worked for the Company up until October 1, 2006, then you were furloughed if you would receive any of the profit share. Thanks