here are the q2 results....

Could you imagine the money we would have made had we still had SABRE and money wasn't just walking out the door. The girls in the Club in PHL have said they don't see our Elites the way they used to. Pax way down in the club. These idiots in Tempe have no idea how to run a major global carrier and I'm sorry folks, for an airline this size with the flights full, this ain't a lot of money.

I guess I take a more simplistic view than others. For me, the "Big Picture" items are 1; total employment up 6%, and 2;operational numbers in the sewer, BUT STILL made a quarter of a billion bucks over a 3 month period.

Interesting how a profit can draw such a negative response. Maybe it's the mood we're in...who knows.

A320 Driver

Interesting that they had such a bad quarter. Net Loss for the quarter was $8 mil. How could they have had a $47 mil operating income from the first quarter (typically the slowest), yet a $25 mil operating loss in the second quarter (typically the strongest)?

Here's what the part of the report says. Looks like there's some revenue transferred to US from AWA.

Additionally, due to the merger of the AWA and US Airways reservations systems in March 2007, all ticket sales for transportation previously issued by AWA are now issued by US Airways. As a result, while AWA earns passenger revenues when operating flights for US Airways, all revenue adjustments resulting from the periodic evaluation of the air traffic liability account are now recorded by US Airways.

As discussed above, as a result of the merger of the reservation system in March 2007, all ticket sales for transportation previously issued by AWA are now issued by US Airways. Accordingly, all revenues associated with ticket reissuance and change fees are now earned by US Airways rather than AWA.

Not sure how much we're talking about here (Boeing Boy can probably come up with a guesstimate), but every dollar transferred in this manner increases US revenue while simultaneously reducing AWA's....it's a double whammy favoring the East.

East Operating Income: $320 mil

West Operationg LOSS: $25 mil
who saved who?
Hey pinhead, did you read this part:

Additionally, due to the merger of the AWA and US Airways reservations systems in March 2007, all ticket sales for transportation previously issued by AWA are now issued by US Airways. As a result, while AWA earns passenger revenues when operating flights for US Airways, all revenue adjustments resulting from the periodic evaluation of the air traffic liability account are now recorded by US Airways.

As discussed above, as a result of the merger of the reservation system in March 2007, all ticket sales for transportation previously issued by AWA are now issued by US Airways. Accordingly, all revenues associated with ticket reissuance and change fees are now earned by US Airways rather than AWA.

Obviously not.

Obviously not.

Why did you even respond to that?? It was so clear that my 8yr old got it!!

Wait a minute, I can't harass you about responding to these nuts when I do it too :up:

Obviously not.

"pinhead", obviously you are projecting, again.

If, as you imply, all HP ticket sales were shoved to US, the disparity would be quite a bit greater.

All they are saying is that those flights that rightfully belong to the East would finally be credited to the East instead of bolstering the flagging West operation with extraneous "revenue" stolen from other sources. It gives lie to the line about the Nicholau "award" biased to the financially "secure" carrier.

You lose. Have a good day.

How do I lose? I'm probably senior to you.

I doubt it, but, good luck anyway, because you are really gonna need luck to make up for your lack of experience.

I am reminded of the Allegheny Capt. I flew with who made a total donkey of himself, just like you people. I made a distinction between sides of the cockpit and they cleared him for whatever he wanted and my side of the cockpit got cleared for the real approach. End result. He sat on the beach for 180 days and ATC had nothing but accolades for me. and that was in PHX. Bet they remember me and forget you.

Have a good day.