here are the q2 results....

. . . Sick of the negative attitude everywhere. Service really comes down to treating the customers with respect. . . . As for Shares/Qik. The overlay is bad, but once you learn where to go you can still service the customer if you use your skills. . . . Also, I wish my fellow employees would not talk neg about the company in front of the customers, it's so degrading and unprofessional.... and, most customers don't want to hear it.

Analyze,

I'm one of those customers (US1) who continues to fly US through these "times of trouble". I assure you that your elites ( who are mostly the pax who lurk here ) especially want to know what's going on inside the hearts and minds of people at US. I don't take everything I read here or hear on my trips as the final word, but I do obtain a context by which to make my own decisions about what this management team in Tempe is doing to the airline and to the pax who fly it. I find all of this very valuable information and it's had some impact upon my decision to stick it out despite the ugly miscues by a management which won't even come clean and admit it makes a mistake.

But I do appreciate your concern and admonitions. Thus far, it's the employees who keep me in the fold. Just had a wonderful PHL-MAD-PHL flight experience with some great folks in those cabins --and of course they go way back to other legacies on the US history chart. So folks like you are doin' just fine in my book. Of course NYCbusdriver reflects another point of view towards the pax, but then again, they sound like . . . like . . . a NYC busdriver.

I won't promise that I'll stick with US given the rough ride people are getting at times. But if I do bolt, it will because of a management team which lacks character and credibility and not for lack of effort on the part of employees or remarks made here. I'm on the employee side no matter what.

And I'm sorry, but I must disagree with you on SHAREs.

It remains a shoddy and unreliable system. To keep this system is a measure of a short-sighted management which is also cheap -- and pax and agents are paying big time for this mess. I receive a real education in MAD from the IB agents about the entire history of US reservation systems from the first flights in the 90s. They've all got little notebooks with post-its loaded with workarounds etc. As you say, people have to learn to deal with it. But some of the comments I garner from speaking with folks over there are: during those first flights to MAD, US had ( "a very difficult and limited system then" ) through the SABRE years ( "good system, flexible, logical, easy to use" ) to this SHARES nightmare ("very difficult and clumsy . . . some terrible days at times . . . obvious problems yet no one fixes them" ). Someone also tells me that "an airline in the west buys US Air and they decide to save money with the cheap system when they merge the reservation system". Gee, I've heard that somewhere before. :huh:

But hey, best wishes, and keep on speaking yer minds as Tempe sure as hell ain't gonna listen.

Barry

East Operating Income: $320 mil

West Operationg LOSS: $25 mil
who saved who?

Well hell Jack,tell me again why venture capital didn't throw all those hundreds of millions at Bravo Zulu Boy without even getting Parker in the mix?

Hell, why didn't he tell Parker to pound sand when this project dumbell idea came up?

After all, Airways was a hale and hearty company on a strong financial footing before Parker showed up right? :blink:

Lakefield was such a charismatic figure as CEO, is it any wonder people fell over themselves to invest in US Air when it emerged from bankruptcy again?

You got a link for that? I can't find a reference for it. EDIT: Disregard, I found it.

Wonder how much money U would have made in Chapter 7? There wouldn't have been any labor costs......

$260 million sucks!! 17% DECLINE from last year. Can you imagine how much MORE we would had made had we not ran off so many FF's or not screwed up so badly? Who else has posted DECLINING profits? This quarter is NOT good news.

What would it have been if those darn "eastie" pilots weren't blowing fuel out the back of those engines like water flowing over Niagara Falls?

Twenty miles from airport callout: "Gear Down!"

Interesting that you ask, because combined mainline fuel burn per block hour is down slightly vs 2Q06 - 889.376 vs 892.095 gal/blk hr. Unfortunately the separate numbers aren't given so it's impossible to see what's happened to fuel burn/hour in the separate sides of the operation. Plus there are some slight differences in the fleet mix and seasonal TA flying year to year.

Jim

I listened to the Q/A part of the call and these were some items that stood out in the spin:

They are "satisfied" with number of CS employees at the airports.

They view DL to be just as competitive before and now.

Need to "engage labor" more as they proceed with consolidation.

They do not have the cost breakdown of the "operational improvements" (new CS agents, kiosks, etc.)

FA negotiations moving slower, tied up with "pilot issues."

Date for one certificate is September 2007. It will be "99.9% transparent."

No planes yet to fly international from PHX until they get the A350s and A330-200s in 2009.

"Not building cash to buy someone."

Making improvements in CLT due to resolving res migration issues, more employees, trickle down from extra time at other airports, and lengthening operating day.

Impact from Virgin America to the whole industry, but not US significantly.

More about PIT: No plans to pull down more service after July-August. Not certain what will happen going forward. Reality is PIT is relatively small and was effective at attracting other LCCs. A hub carrier does not work there like it did before the LCC competition.

East coast problems are "ATC-related."

The remaining challenges for company - labor contracts, one certificate.

As to pax leaving, yes, a good number of revenue frequent flyers are finding what they want at other carriers, particularly AA and CO. It appears that currently these FFs are being replaced by the summer peak travel Kettles and newly minted "preferred" pax who have perhaps purchased "Guest Preferred" status for 90 days. I guess we will see what happens in the fall and non-holiday winter. I know that price matters, but in many cases one can pay the same fare and get more/better at other carriers. I have fewer options for service out of TRI, so some travel has to be on US whether I like it or not.

What would it have been if those darn "eastie" pilots weren't blowing fuel out the back of those engines like water flowing over Niagara Falls?

Quite a bit more, to bad DOUGIE does not want to pay us the same :angry:

Not even a fraction of what could had been made if your "westie" God , DP, could actually run the company one second without totally f##king up on a day to day basis.

who saved who?

Interesting that they had such a bad quarter. Net Loss for the quarter was $8 mil. How could they have had a $47 mil operating income from the first quarter (typically the slowest), yet a $25 mil operating loss in the second quarter (typically the strongest)? Something doesn't smell right there. Yet, West still has net operating income of $22 mil for the year so far and net income of $48 million for the first six months....so not so bad when jetBlue, who is exactly the same size now as West is doing worse for the first 6 months.

We're down to twenty miles now? Heck, I'm "stable" at 20 miles.

Anyone tried gear down at FL400 yet?

Good for the investors..

Unforunately the employees are forced to shop at Wal-Mart.

Dougweiser and Scotch..I'm sure will get a bonus. The employees will get a bonus check...worth maybe 50 cents an hour for their work. I'd for give up the bonus for my old wage. We're making money and operationally we're a mess.

Smoke and Mirrors.........

Latest posts