East Meets West To Fix A/C

Talk about personal agenda's -- Everyone can see your motives like a billboard -- open your eyes and stop dishing the same stuff you saved from the lav's You and your responses are so predictable it is almost boring - you just keep bypassing the fact that the IAM has failed - you have lower wages and benefits and you have started outsourcing under the IAM. And that is the FACTS. (now you can blame everyone else again)

The IAM is not perfect, but faced with what any union on the property has been through they did a great job until the last bankrutpcy. It was evident the company was not wanting a deal, they wanted an abrogation to break the IAM over the airbus dispute.

Even with everything that has transpired the IAM still has more AMTs at US/East and still does more work in-house then the HP counterparts.

GSE, Plant Mtc and Stock Clerks on the East make more then the West.

Every union lost at US and lost big, funny how I dont see ALPA and AFA members complaining as much as the IAM members, maybe because there is no competition amongst those groups for representation.

Like I said, take the time to educate yourself on what transpired, how the laws are set up to favor the companies and not the workers and maybe it will open your eyes.

Then I guess the question is what put US Airways into bankruptcy twice? Could it have been stiff, staunch, inflexible unionism that was not flexible enough when sheet happened?? It's great to be at the top but the key is to remain at the top. Hurts worse to fall that it does to remain on solid ground, if there is such a thing in aviation.

Good luck to you all.

It was Wolf spending $1.5 billion to buy back stock.

It was years of bad management.

In 1992 we gave concessions to save the company back then.

The unions, except for certain key issues have been flexible to keep the company afloat and the members employed.

Guess it is hopeless to educate you on what happened, is it better to have 100% of the employees/members on the street or is it better to have 54% working and hope to bring the others back.

You will never understand bankrucpty and the effect it has upon the workers, so since the ibt lets ups, hp, wn(when ibt)and co all outsource? you failed. Why did ibt give concessions at CO?

Instead of not understanding and keep attacking, why don't you actually educate yourself?

So ALPA, AFA, CWA, and TWU all failed too since they lost members' jobs and had outsourcing happen?

When a company is in bankruptcy the employees at the will of the court, they have basic rights, guess you dont remember why section 1113 c was enacted?

gonna have to get a new can opener this one is getting worn out - we have been through a BK here how many times do we have to tell

You really need to actually educate yourself, when are you going to actually see what happened and why?

I am so glad you are not my representative, dont let reality get in the way of your thought process and postings.

Simply amazing.

You were non-union, and you did not go through two chapter 11s in less then two years and never had the airbus dispute that turned the IAM and Company into enemies.

By the way I see you dodged the questions poised to you once again, is that how you currently treat your members?

As I work to make sure I am not represented by the likes of you.

I will not comment on CO as I have not talked to any of them to find out what happened. I have talked to your folks as I made one of the trips to PHL and I have had 5 years of the IAM. Thats why I say decertification is better than representation by the IAM.

Yes and by the way we were better off nonrepresented in BK than your group did with the company union representing them.

It was Wolf spending $1.5 billion to buy back stock.

It was years of bad management.

In 1992 we gave concessions to save the company back then.

The unions, except for certain key issues have been flexible to keep the company afloat and the members employed.

Guess it is hopeless to educate you on what happened, is it better to have 100% of the employees/members on the street or is it better to have 54% working and hope to bring the others back.

You will never understand bankrucpty and the effect it has upon the workers, so since the ibt lets ups, hp, wn(when ibt)and co all outsource? you failed. Why did ibt give concessions at CO?

Instead of not understanding and keep attacking, why don't you actually educate yourself?

So ALPA, AFA, CWA, and TWU all failed too since they lost members' jobs and had outsourcing happen?

When a company is in bankruptcy the employees at the will of the court, they have basic rights, guess you dont remember why section 1113 c was enacted?
Actually you are incorrect again. The will of the court?????? Who cares about the court!!! The IAM should have never allowed the guys to vote a second time!!!!! Dude the continental is getting a bit old!!!! The IBT never gave away half the scab IAM gave away!!!! Hey you never answer me stock boy, are the NWA rampers still crossing the AMFA picket lines????? I don't want to hear you don't know!!!!You know everything

And why do you make that statement?

I was there, you were not, I know exactly what happened, and you have no clue, none what so ever. Why don't you actually ask me what happened, I will tell you the truth, no holds barred. If it reveals too much I will send it to you in a PM.

The IAM was not a company union, it was the exact opposite, if we were we would have negotiated before bankruptcy or given them exactly what they wanted from the begining. If we were a company union we would not have taken them on and won with the airbus outsourcing.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

Ok here is another question for you, CO has been ibt since 1993, that is 13 years, why has the ibt still let CO farmout all the overhaul?

How long was the ibt at WN? How long has the ibt been at UPS?

Ok here is another question for you, CO has been ibt since 1993, that is 13 years, why has the ibt still let CO farmout all the overhaul?

How long was the ibt at WN? How long has the ibt been at UPS?

Before any blame is put on the IBT, you need to realize that different locals have different reasons for doing what they do. I don't believe that anyone has said that the IBT was perfect. Most of the positive input from Local 104 is just that, about local 104. We are not concerned about any other contract except ours. UPS does have one of the best contracts around. Building any contract takes time.

The environment changes for all companies and unions need to be aware of the changes. Flexibility is the key word for the future of unions in the aviation field.

You seem to have a problem with reality and refuse to accept change.

You complain about things that have no bearing on the subject.

Your attitude of "I was there and you weren't" shows that your have no concepts outside of you arrogance. :)

Not arrogant at all, just when your buddy mr contract says the IAM gave up this the IAM gave up that he has no idea of what transpired and how bad things were during the second chapter 11 case.

And if UPS is so great why is their heavy all outsourced?

And what happens at CO show a common theme about all the ibt CBAs in maintenance, all heavy is outsourced.

Why did WN vote out the ibt after setting the bar for wages?

Scope language is why.

It is not a canned response, it is the reality of what happened, maybe you need to take the time to educate yourself on the facts, instead of the CANNED response you post.

Considering you are not a US/East AMT, nor a US/East employee nor have you been through what the US/East employees have been through since 2002.

Guess the reality of the situation interferes with your personal agenda.
Now 700UW Are We not SINGLE CARRIER?????
As your IAM so pushed for so QUICKLEY....

COMMON SENCE the lost art of aviation....
ME O MY O. :rolleyes:

Before any blame is put on the IBT, you need to realize that different locals have different reasons for doing what they do. I don't believe that anyone has said that the IBT was perfect. Most of the positive input from Local 104 is just that, about local 104. We are not concerned about any other contract except ours. UPS does have one of the best contracts around. Building any contract takes time.

The environment changes for all companies and unions need to be aware of the changes. Flexibility is the key word for the future of unions in the aviation field.

You seem to have a problem with reality and refuse to accept change.

You complain about things that have no bearing on the subject.

Your attitude of "I was there and you weren't" shows that your have no concepts outside of you arrogance. :)
WELL SAID. :up: :up: :up:

Latest posts