East Meets West To Fix A/C

Ok here is another question for you, CO has been ibt since 1993, that is 13 years, why has the ibt still let CO farmout all the overhaul?

For the record, the first IBT contract was effective in 1998, so the IBT has only been the representative for eight years. I beleive the current contract allowed for outsourcing do to a number of reasons. The Company had the strength of good negotiators. (Glass and Garger) The Union gained it's foothold when the Company was in very uncertain times and the IBT focused on what was the most important thing...returning workers to their jobs. The utility and paint groups were the sacrificial lambs, but represented so few employees that it was palatable to both sides.

Once the heavy checks were outsourced the Company sold much of the equipment required for the work. The rest went into disrepair. AWA was never in a financially strong enough position to fork over the cash required to bring the work in house. I beleive that had money been a little more available, the Company would have loved to have put the work in the hands of the AWA mechanics. I speak honestly when I say they are a superb group of men and women. Sadly, they never got the chance to prove how much they could have improved the quality of work.

I think the East has a great group of mechanics as well, and I hope that whoever represents them (looks like IAM), can take advantage of the current situation to help all of the mechanics. I hope we can all appreciate the level of competence we have at our disposal in the combined group.

funny thing there mr uw, if the the judge abrogated your contract, as you say is a reason of the contract in hand, why did the iam hve to vote to ratify it????? this means that the judge actually did not abrogate it..

The judge abrogated the current CBA, he held the abrogation in obeyance pending the the vote of the membership on the final offer from the company.

You can read the Judge's ruling on 1/6/05 in the court records.

The judge abrogated the current CBA, he held the abrogation in obeyance pending the the vote of the membership on the final offer from the company.

You can read the Judge's ruling on 1/6/05 in the court records.

I don't need to rule, what you have sais all along is that judge mitchell abrogated the cba... technically he authorized to do it, but since( as you also keep saying) that the group voted the cba in to avoid going to abrogation. therefore the contract was not actually "abrogated" was it... you make this to easy
and while i am correcting you, the stockers not being in the vote does not mena thaey are, all that is being decided ny the nmb now is for a vote or not. if/when there is a vote we will see where the stockers wind up.... i think you may be disappointed...

It is not a canned response, it is the reality of what happened, maybe you need to take the time to educate yourself on the facts, instead of the CANNED response you post.

Considering you are not a US/East AMT, nor a US/East employee nor have you been through what the US/East employees have been through since 2002.

Guess the reality of the situation interferes with your personal agenda.

WHA WHA WHA!!! When are we going to quit hearing that!!! OK OK...you poor Easties have been through alot!!! We have heard it OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!!

Call the EAS.

It is the reality of what transpired and the ibt cheerleaders cant comprehend those facts.

Seems you have the same problem - You are also blinded by your IAM not our fault policy -- I, on the other hand have experienced both sides of the aguement and know the IAM has to go - no matter what the cost. Decertification is better than IAM representation, and that's a fact!

So know you are a know it all and can tell everyone what is best for them eventhough you have not lived it at US like the members have since 2002?

I am not blinded, I am a realist, I lived it, you have not, you are just afraid to lose your cush ibt position.

Funny you claim the IAM is so bad, yet we still do much more work in-house then your ibt cba.

Once again, don't let the facts get in the way of your rant.

Why don't tell us point by point why the IAM is so bad since you claim to know so much and yet you have not worked here and been through that the membership has on the East side.

A few weeks ago, West aircraft N837AW was struck by a cargo container in PHL. The cargo container was blown across the ramp during a thunderstorm and came to a stop when it ran into the plane. Due to the extent of the damage, the aircraft would not have been able to fly pressurized.

In order to ferry the aircraft back to PHX, the aircraft would have had to make a fuel stop. Therefore, the aircraft was going to be ferried to an outside maintenance vendor for structural repairs. That is when PHX maintenance suggested that the aircraft be ferried to PIT for repairs. PIT maintenance management agreed that PIT could accomplish the repairs. Rob explained, “In PIT, the ESC is a 24/7 area that provides support to all of maintenance. Our primary customers are line maintenance and planning, but we also assist base maintenance and anyone else who knows our number.â€￾

All work was accomplished by PIT Hangar 5 personnel. The paperwork was reviewed, approved, and signed by a West supervisor who was repositioned to PIT from Baltimore for this project. West liaison engineering stepped in to approve all engineering paperwork.

The article is good but not all correct.
Therefore, the aircraft was going to be ferried to an outside maintenance vendor for structural repairs.
The A/C 837 was never going to be sent to any outside vendor. Phx Moc shift manager called Pit Moc duty manager and asked if Phl mx could do the work. Moc said that Phl could not but Pit can. So Phx Moc ferried A/C to Pit. Pit did a great Job.
It’s great having both MOC’s, Engineering groups, Pit mx and the Bwi Sup working great together. Hope this is a prelude to the future.

The Article was written by US Airways Communications Department.

And came from the US Newsletter.

Latest posts